User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: #BaseBoyzBreakingNews:Lil B/Jay Electronica Album

Battle Record
    21-6

#BaseBoyzBreakingNews:Lil B/Jay Electronica Album

Just when you thought the Based God was done...he drops these news for all you haters

Rumors of a joint EP by Lil B and Jay Electronica began swirling last month after his set at the Paid Dues festival. But we hadn't heard any real official news on the project until today when the Based God sat down with MTV for the above interview. He explains that he feels like they both share similarities in their subject matter -- you know, on the track that he admits aren't made to get girls out of their clothes.

Anyone who has dug deeper into Lil B's catalog knows that he's capable of dealing with some real, emotionally heavy topics. But it's still surprising to learn that he's linked with a dude who hip-hop purists have already labeled as a top-tier MC. According to the Based God, the music on the EP will be "very spiritual, very uplifting, very deep" with lyrics spoken in code and some "amazing beats."

Not only is he fucking your bitch, but he's fucking the industry too.

HAHAHA LOSERS!!

[youtube]W9RFLc4_Lg0[/youtube]

OH MY GOD HE'S WINNING!!

[youtube]OM8oyrJn9Qc[/youtube]
    [/url]

Battle Record
    21-6

Re: #BaseBoyzBreakingNews:Lil B/Jay Electronica Al

Lil B is unpredictable. The polarizing rapper, who has most recently made headlines for naming his upcoming album I'm Gay, is now collaborating with Roc Nation signee Jay Electronica. According to B, the pair are working together on an EP.

For the most part, B — who is most famous for his simplistic songs like "Ellen DeGeneres" and "I'm Miley Cyrus" — isn't taken seriously as a lyricist, while Jay is regarded as one of the game's top up-and-coming MCs. So for hip-hop purists, the collaboration may seem odd, but it makes perfect sense to Lil B.

"If you listen to Jay Electronica's first mixtape that he had 'Exhibit C' on, and if you really listen to him, there's a lot of stuff that I feel in my heart are similarities," B said. "You know, like, subject matter. It's another level that we're in tune on, because we're here for the positivity and to make a change."

Although Lil B has collaborated with well-regarded hip-hop artists like producer 9th Wonder and MCs Phonte and Jean Grae in the past, he admits that much of what he does isn't necessarily rooted in lyricism but rather in making "the women go nuts." Still, the Based God promises to deliver substance on the upcoming collaboration.

"This project with Jay is gonna be very spiritual, very uplifting, very deep," he said. "It will be historical."

As of yet, there is no name or date for Lil B and Jay Electronica's upcoming release, but be sure to check MTV News for details as they develop.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/166...ctronica.jhtml
    [/url]

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

#COTDAMN!!! I always knew this dude was smart. He's playin' yall... Y'all are bitin' the bait... Kinda like how I played the whole website earlier.... Damn #BasedGod, we both think alike.

[YOUTUBE]2Jcm5TefvQE[/youtube]

The talk of RB Lounge was Trey Songz a few days ago. The talk of the industry is #BasedGod, especially with that album title. The talk of RB period is #BaseBoyz. Why does everyone #TalkLikeThis?

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

#COTDAMN!!! I always knew this dude was smart. He's playin' yall... Y'all are bitin' the bait... Kinda like how I played the whole website earlier.... Damn #BasedGod, we both think alike.

[YOUTUBE]2Jcm5TefvQE[/youtube]

The talk of RB Lounge was Trey Songz a few days ago. The talk of the industry is #BasedGod, especially with that album title. The talk of RB period is #BaseBoyz. Why does everyone #TalkLikeThis?