User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: More Heads are better than one

Exclamation More Heads are better than one

Wasup?
    Ok, lets get down to business.
    i've been thinkin for a while, and i download alot of mixtapes, and they always have two main points, the DJ and a main artist. such as Coast to Coast, or Southern Smoke, or empire state etc. I figure I'd try to get on here and find a couple DJ's and artists, that would all like to work together to create an underground mixtape series that would be just as big (in underground world) as these hosted mixtapes are (in the mainstream world).
    It would be great to get us all some equal exposure. by working together we, living all around the USA, UK etc, can be the biggest promoters for eachother.

ex- we drop a 16 track mixtape with all different musicians hosted by one artist and DJ. by allowing emcees from around the way t be on it, they would in turn burn them to discs and give/sell the tape to their friends/fans thus giving them, and you exposure in the area they live in which means nationwide, if not worldwide, exposure for us unsigned musicians to get into the CD players and Ipods etc. of fans of the underground music scene.

We'd just have to get together a network of a couple DJ's willing to work together with a network of rappers/singers on the project, and also graphic designers for the covers.

I've seen this done so many times with mixtape series such as
    Coast to Coast tapes
    Whiteowl Drop That (which is the best example i could possibly think of. 141 volumes deep with millions of followers, and thousands downloading everytime a new drop is released. http://whiteowldropthat.com/)
    Turn It Up
    The Network South
    RnB fetish

and like these series we could post to Datpiff, and other mixtape communities, and post links to our profiles and artists pages etc to generate a general popularity and publicity rating through these tapes and develop a reputable series such as those listed above, and a nice repeat fan base dedicated to our music in our mixtapes.

Good idea?
    has it been done??
    Has it been done successfully???
    I'm a business man and thats what i'm about. the music business. If we work together and bring this project to light it will be successful and it will gain us all the fanbases that we want. The freedom to go anywhere and do a show and know that because of this mixtape, someone has heard of you.
    The possibility that, because its distributed so widely that famous DJ's, and Musicians, and labels gain your attention (if ur looking for that) and decide to sign you cause where-ever they went while on tour etc, your music was heard and played due to it being nationwide through the mixtape series.

Any input?
    any disagreements??
    any agreements???
    TheRealGiordano.com
    ReverbNation.com/TheRealGiordano
    Poducers and artists email beats/collabs to
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: More Heads are better than one

sounds cool if we can get people to both produce and rap for free for this. Producers will probably not want to give away beats away for free. Im down though.

well, just like in those mixtapes, if u have beats urself, or use already used mainstream beats, then it doesnt matter. yeah i see some artists buying beats from the producers that work on this w/me n whatnot, but on a mixtape its any beat goes. i see alott of famous people using already publicized n famous beats on their mixtape drops, so that would solve the problems. maybe some kind of deal could be made like "musicians that buy their beat(s) from the hosting DJ/Producer could get a shot on the cover along with what ever oher artists get on the cover due to that promotion"
    you think that would encourage them to buy the beats from the DJ/Producer who does the DJ part.?

there should be like two DJ's and an Artist who host the tapes. (different everytime, but same series name)
    TheRealGiordano.com
    ReverbNation.com/TheRealGiordano
    Poducers and artists email beats/collabs to
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Loft

The loft of your golf driver is very important to consider. A pro golfer should pick a loft angle of 9.0-9.5. A beginner should pick a loft of 10.5 or higher. If you have a higher loft it’s easier for you to hit with discount golf equipment. ishiner

Actually pros can use just as high of a loft in their driver because of the reduced spin that is created with modern golf balls and shafts. Therefore to maximize distance (high launch angle/lowspin) what you are saying makes you a complete idiot.

Oh wrong forum my bad

Battle Record
    1-0

I'd be willing to do this. I make beats, not anything incredible, but I would donate them for free. I rap too, which is my incentive for donating the beats