User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: what to buy: first recording setup

what to buy: first recording setup

Hey everybody I'm slowly getting to this rap thing and I want to take it farther by recording. I don't have that much to spend because I'm still young right now with no job. I have a budget of 150$ to spend. I was also wondering what do I need to buy to connect a condenser mic to my computer? I've thought about a usb mic, but rather not get one. I been looking at deals around and found this one and was wondering is it all ready for me? http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...age?sku=581915 do I need anything else to hook it up? I have headphones and a stedman xl pop filter already that I bought off a friend for 40$. I would love to see any other options that you guys could put together that fits into my budget.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Re: what to buy: first recording setup

if you don't want a usb mic than these package deals are all you're going to get which contain crappy gear.

I'd rather just buy the usb mic for now and once you get older decide if you want a more serious set up
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1

Yeah, or either do that or just get that lil package there, learn how it works, make use of it and decide if you want to go beyond that later down the line.

I had similar equipment for about 4 years before I got a chance to get hands on with better equipment and made a nice jump. If you really want to test the water, get a condenser so you know how they handle or just get the usb for ease of hook-up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

What usb Mics would you guys reccomend then? I've looked into the samson co3u and gtrack and also the AT2020 when it comes to usb mics. Are these good usb mics? still open to other options If its around 250 I can probably scrap that up it might just take me a little longer

if you can get $250

you can probably get the regular 2020 and a fast track
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastTrkUSB2/
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AT2020/

and then whatever stand and mic cable that fits your budget

and the 2020usb is pretty decent as far as usb mics go
    De Kapitein

would this be a good preamp to start out with? or is the one you posted better?:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/USBDualPrePS/
    im not so worried about mics now rather preamps
    if i cant find a better setup i'll prolly go with the 2020 and the preamp you posted or this one^

the interface i posted is better

better pre's and better converters
    De Kapitein

woahhh update i guess lol, got myself an actual job so i been working part time with school. I ended buying a samson co1u mic off craigslist for 60$(did i get ripped off?) Mic is temporary for now.
    I now have a budget of 400(yay!) for a new recording setup, who wants to throw me a good setup?lol thanks for all the suggestions already

Quote Originally Posted by lao View Post
    woahhh update i guess lol, got myself an actual job so i been working part time with school. I ended buying a samson co1u mic off craigslist for 60$(did i get ripped off?) Mic is temporary for now.
    I now have a budget of 400(yay!) for a new recording setup, who wants to throw me a good setup?lol thanks for all the suggestions already
    just use the mic you bought for now. Once you save $800 come back and we'll give you more ideas on a set up
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Nah, not $800 Spanja. To get nice quality all you need it like 500. I like the sound I get with my shit, I'll be posting something here in a few weeks and show you.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    Nah, not $800 Spanja. To get nice quality all you need it like 500. I like the sound I get with my shit, I'll be posting something here in a few weeks and show you.
    bullet you're an idiot i'm hoping one day that your posting abilities get taken away. you can get nice(which is subjective) sounding results with $200 if the environment is right, and really $500 is all you need? geez somebody tell neumann that they're going out of business because of bullet and his nt1a. i just hate when people buy gear don't even have it for a week and want to upgrade. Just wait and see if you're into making music and receiving criticism before you make a bigger equipment.

BTW i'm sure you're music will still suck even after the decades of useless questions you've posted in this forum.
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Sometimes you can just be a str8 dick dude. You went to fucking engineering school, no shit your going to know some simple questions I was asking, and fuck you for saying my music would be shit. Respect level for you has deminished to a big fucking 0.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    Sometimes you can just be a str8 dick dude. You went to fucking engineering school, no shit your going to know some simple questions I was asking, and fuck you for saying my music would be shit. Respect level for you has deminished to a big fucking 0.
    lol ouch my heart
    and as for your music

prove me wrong simple as that
    with all the questions you asked and with the ridiculous amounts of times people have put up with them you should be able to execute

but executing in theory vs reality is different
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

We' will soon see. I would post it now, the hooks are all done, but I don't like posting this "snippet" shit people do.

holy off topic,
    is it best to not read lyrics when recording?