User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Beat Making Help/Advice

Danchise Records Baby! Danchise's Avatar

Beat Making Help/Advice

I'm looking to really take a big step into production, but looking to do it as inexpensively as i can. I have FL Studio producers addition, and an MIDI piano. I'm in the process of ordering a pad controller and possibly a loop station.

Will this be enough to get me off the ground?

and any suggestions or tips to make working with fl studio easier? or another program i should try.

Any help would be great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mhmm.

Re: Beat Making Help/Advice

FL is probably the easiest and "funnest" program to use for beat making. you can't go in depth with it tho like those little things that make a record shine.
    well i can't do it lol.
    I'm fond of Pro Tools & Logic Pro
    but yes that should be all you need to get started. have a nice set of monitors aswell they help a lot
    have fun =)

Mhmm.

FL is probably the easiest and "funnest" program to use for beat making. you can't go in depth with it tho like those little things that make a record shine.
    well i can't do it lol.
    I'm fond of Pro Tools & Logic Pro
    but yes that should be all you need to get started. have a nice set of monitors aswell they help a lot
    have fun =)

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

I use Reason. And with all the effects you can add, it really makes it sound like real instruments. I can give you some tips if you use Reason 5.

Im in the process of downloading reason 5. Im trying different ones to see what i like the best. What exactly would better monitors do for me? not sure honestly

Mhmm.

well as for entry level monitors you can go with the KRK rp-5's or even the Yamaha HS5
    it really all depends on your budget and how far you want to go

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-2

I used Fruity Loops for all my beat making. FL is just as good as any other program, as long as you know what your doing with it. As far as effects and sounds/kits, the stock ones suck ass. you can always spot that classic Fruity Loops sound when people use the stock stuff. I use Waves Diamond/Mercury for all my Effects needs in FL so can really get no better than that. As far as Kits and Sounds, any Wav, VSTi, Vst, DX, DXi, SF, SF2 files can be used. pretty much any format is supported. So just find other packs and sounds. You could just get some Native Insturments or other sound librarys. FL is very user friendly, and good for begginers, but it also has alot of hidden gems for more experienced users.
    FL9 producers edition is the only piece of "Equipment" I use to make beats, I use my computer keyboard instead of a midi one.
    I made this with FL

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...942/index.html

Fruity prolly the cheapest and easiest way to go imo.

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

im not a fan of reason lol. Vts are way betta than refills.
    any Daw that offer Vst/rtas would do, the algorithm used in any company's daw is pretty much similar. its more to look where you feel comfortable at.
    imo FL is the way to go starting. Get the latest verson. FL interface is easy to use with pattern sequencer. You would need get vsts plugged in to FL. all sounds in Fl that comes with it sucks.
    if you are on to composing yourself and arranging .you would need good vsts /libraries ( like . QL colossus or omnisphere)
    if you are onto sampling have good drums/bass library. ( i would suggest Stylus RMX and tRiology lol) or download samples from around the net or possibly get ST2.
    can you play?
    you would need to have good monitors and of course good ears.
    Buy Rap Beats

Talking Re: Beat Making Help/Advice

Dont waste money on overpriced producers whack generic tracks, MAke your own rap beats, Make all the profit, Get all the credit. Check out this legit DAW that lets you do it all....

HOW TO MAKE BEATS THAT BUMP!!!

downloaded reason 5, pretty confusing but it seems like its way more advanced then fl studio. any tips to get started with it?

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danchise View Post
    downloaded reason 5, pretty confusing but it seems like its way more advanced then fl studio. any tips to get started with it?
    The best bass guitar preset is SubTractor, I've found. And to start off, use the ReDrum computer. And use effects like reverb and distortion. It does wonders. And if you PM on something specific, I can help a lot more.

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

fl studio and a controller is all you need.
    you can get better sounding vsts as you go along, dont get sucked into downloading a shitload of illegal plugins and programs because you end up with a fuck load of stuff you can never get around to using. (been their and productivity suffers). The stock plugins will get you far as will some of the stock vsti, creating your sounds an actually learning your craft will get you a lot further.

personally i dont get along with fl workflow but thats not the point

try a demo of studio one.
    Last edited by Big Question; December 2nd, 2011 at 02:11 PM
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection