User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Obama's America...join us or go broke!

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

Obama's America...join us or go broke!

Look at this shit...
    Fuckin sad. At least now the news is out...perhaps some of these ridiculous salaries can start getting cut down to normal size.
    Fuckin Obama says share the wealth...why not start by chipping away at those goverment salaries!
    It's pathetic when the people who actually earn a living make less than the people WE PAY to work "for us".
    BULLSHIT!!!

Federal workers earning double their private counterparts
    By Dennis Cauchon, USA TODAY

At a time when workers' pay and benefits have stagnated, federal employees' average compensation has grown to more than double what private sector workers earn, a USA TODAY analysis finds.
    Federal workers have been awarded bigger average pay and benefit increases than private employees for nine years in a row. The compensation gap between federal and private workers has doubled in the past decade.

Federal civil servants earned average pay and benefits of $123,049 in 2009 while private workers made $61,051 in total compensation, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis. The data are the latest available.

The federal compensation advantage has grown from $30,415 in 2000 to $61,998 last year.

Public employee unions say the compensation gap reflects the increasingly high level of skill and education required for most federal jobs and the government contracting out lower-paid jobs to the private sector in recent years.

"The data are not useful for a direct public-private pay comparison," says Colleen Kelley, president of the National Treasury Employees Union.

Chris Edwards, a budget analyst at the libertarian Cato Institute, thinks otherwise. "Can't we now all agree that federal workers are overpaid and do something about it?" he asks.

Last week, President Obama ordered a freeze on bonuses for 2,900 political appointees. For the rest of the 2-million-person federal workforce, Obama asked for a 1.4% across-the-board pay hike in 2011, the smallest in more than a decade. Federal workers also would qualify for seniority pay hikes.

Congressional Republicans want to cancel the across-the-board increase in 2011, which would save $2.2 billion.

"Americans are fed up with public employee pay scales far exceeding that in the private sector," says Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va., the second-ranking Republican in the House.

Sen. Ted Kaufman, D-Del., says a pay freeze would unfairly scapegoat federal workers without addressing real budget problems.

What the data show:

•Benefits. Federal workers received average benefits worth $41,791 in 2009. Most of this was the government's contribution to pensions. Employees contributed an additional $10,569.

•Pay. The average federal salary has grown 33% faster than inflation since 2000. USA TODAY reported in March that the federal government pays an average of 20% more than private firms for comparable occupations. The analysis did not consider differences in experience and education.

•Total compensation. Federal compensation has grown 36.9% since 2000 after adjusting for inflation, compared with 8.8% for private workers.

Battle Record
    212-103

Re: Obama's America...join us or go broke!

For example...

Pay Scandal Roils Two California Cities
    By ROBERT MACKEY, NY Times

For the first few weeks, things seemed to be going fine in Maywood, the California city that gave up the fiscal ghost in June, when it fired almost all of its employees and signed a contract with a neighboring town to run its affairs.

Parking tickets were issued, streets were patrolled, Little League baseball games were played. The sky, my colleague David Streitfeld reported, failed to fall.

Then someone noticed that Maywood’s neighbor, Bell, another poor, mainly Hispanic city south of Los Angeles that had agreed to process Maywood’s parking tickets and have its assistant city manager generally keep an eye on things, in return for about $50,000 a month, was being run by top officials who treated the city coffers like a cash machine.

As The Los Angels Times reported last month:

In addition to the $787,637 salary of Chief Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo, Bell pays Police Chief Randy Adams $457,000 a year, about 50% more than Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck or Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca and more than double New York City’s police commissioner. Assistant City Manager Angela Spaccia makes $376,288

The district attorney is investigating Bell over the hefty compensation of its City Council members — about $100,000 a year for part-time positions. Normally, council members in a city the size of Bell would be paid about $400 a month.

Bloomberg News reported last month that Bell “has a largely Latino population with a per-capita income of $24,800 in 2008, according to the city’s latest annual report. More than a quarter of its residents live below the poverty level.”

After the revelation sank in that Bell’s city manager was being paid nearly twice as much as President Obama, the city’s top three officials were forced to step down. And the state’s attorney general, Jerry Brown, launched an investigation aimed, in part, at preventing their equally lavish state pensions from kicking in.

Last week Ms. Spaccia, who had been serving as Maywood’s interim city manager until her salary was revealed, apparently resigned from that job too, in a somewhat confusing e-mail to the city’s mayor.

So now that Bell is looking for new managers to run its affairs, and that of its neighbor, residents of Maywood are asking themselves, as former mayor Sam Pena told Bloomberg News, “Is this the kind of city we want to be associated with?”

On Tuesday, Maywood posted the monthly salaries of its city council members on its Web site. The best-paid city officials is a councilman, Thomas Martin, who makes $21,362.88 a year.
    That fuckin city has 50K people...max...
    How the fuck does the police chief of a town THAT SMALL earn nearly half a million a year??? See that one cat with a nearly 800K salary???

Liberal corruption! That's how!

Battle Record
    212-103

If you'll scope my post...

You'll see that no where in there did I praise Republicans.

Of course I understand they're in on it too..."it", being screwing the taxpayers out of as much money for their own pockets as possible.

Obama is just leading the way at the moment...bigger government, more czars of this and that...he's clearly aiming to expand government...I'd be willing to bet, more than any president before him.

Battle Record
    12-1

He wont increase government nowhere near someone like FDR. Lol. Get real. Either way, I'm sick of politics. No matter who's in charge, most of America will be upset with him/her. That's life. We get two wack candidates to choose from, and most of the time, it doesn't matter to the average person who wins cause they both suck dick.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    36-14
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaniard View Post
    that would be interesting to look up. but you'd also have to understand republican talking heads have done a lot of misleading on the whole "new czar" subject. Most of those are existing positions that where given new titles. but the chance to link the word czar to something "scary" was to irresistible.
    Obama increased the number of czars to 38...up 7 from bush's 31....Obama's new science czar believes in sterilization and eugenics

also...obama has increased the size of the government and spent more money than every president before him combined
    Scytsophrenia

None
    Battle Record
    18-0

Quote Originally Posted by Per$onal View Post
    Obama increased the number of czars to 38...up 7 from bush's 31....Obama's new science czar believes in sterilization and eugenics

also...obama has increased the size of the government and spent more money than every president before him combined
    Proof. Your word means less than nothing.

Battle Record
    36-14
    Awards 25+ Wins

science czar:
    http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/
    http://www.sfexaminer.com/opinion/co...-50810307.html

number of czars:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...e_branch_czars

spendings:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...ar-presidents/
    http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/...cord-Deficit-/

^^^which doesn't include the trillions of other dollars the federal reserve looted from our economy behind the scenes from the stimulus bill...the 1.5 trillion they now admit to it being is still an incredibly low estimate....other estimates put the total at around 27 trillion

no wonder this was the outcome

Scytsophrenia

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

It's sad but these past few elections it seems that the standard voter is going by the "lesser of two evils". Its a shame that we as a people cant find a candidate who is willing to help US. Obama is a very charismatic guy and on some issues I feel as if his heart's in the right place but...he's pretty much just a figurehead for congress. I also feel that every single politician is out to get theirs before they sacrifice to help the middle class out. The thing is, people dont pay attention to what is happening in front of their faces which is why they can all get away with this shit.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    66-0

America cannot be fixed in one term. The question isn't Obama's willingness to help "US". It's the limitations that the current state of our country puts on the presidency including economic and political. I don't know why people equate results with intent, and why people expect immediate results when a true fix is not an immediate process.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by Feeble View Post
    America cannot be fixed in one term. The question isn't Obama's willingness to help "US". It's the limitations that the current state of our country puts on the presidency including economic and political. I don't know why people equate results with intent, and why people expect immediate results when a true fix is not an immediate process.
    Completely undertsandable. I knew there would not be immediate results and this is why I know many people will not vote him for re-election because he cant get anything done in one term especially since the house is divided regardless. BUT nevertheless, I also see Obama embracing a celebrity status more than his political one and it irks me that so much is going on and this guy is appearing in Madden or The View. granted a half hour or an hour isnt much time to bitch about a president to be doing something, but nevertheless this guys is as marketable as LeBron James, and it hasnt been for much hes done politically. I still like him, but he hasnt differentiated himself from the other politicians, either.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    36-16
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion 25+ Wins

FUCK SHARING THE WEALTH!!!!!!!

Everyone is granted the same opportunities in life... at least as far as rights go...
    You can do whatever you want, work, dont work... Go to school, dont go to schoo...
    what ever, but dont bitch because your broke when you didnt work you ass off
    to have money.

Why should I get some of the money someone else makes? thats stupid, and
    takes away the will for people to be successful. America wouldnt be what it is
    if not for CAPITALISM....** uh oh, did I say that?**

I agree that Federal and State employees make too much, however, I should
    say that that needs to be lowered, and have term limits for all of the federal
    and state governments. Wanna know why they pass stupid laws? Because they
    are out of touch with the regular Joe's way of life and work ethic.

but as far as redistribution of wealth... THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE
    HEARD OF! I work my ass off to make 60,000 a year, and I will be damned if
    I give any of it to a broke as bum who is lazy as fuck and will not work. NOT
    MY FAULT THE DUMBASS IS LAZY! I will NOT pay for him!
    DayumNation

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Either way, I'm sick of politics. No matter who's in charge, most of America will be upset with him/her. That's life. We get two wack candidates to choose from, and most of the time, it doesn't matter to the average person who wins cause they both suck dick.
    ^^^^^^^

This

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live"
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by Feeble View Post

No, it can't be fixed in a "single" term.

It can be ran into the fucking ground. We're seeing that right now.
    [YOUTUBE]h8tuTSi6Sck[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    FUCK SHARING THE WEALTH!!!!!!!

Everyone is granted the same opportunities in life... at least as far as rights go...
    You can do whatever you want, work, dont work... Go to school, dont go to schoo...
    what ever, but dont bitch because your broke when you didnt work you ass off
    to have money.

Why should I get some of the money someone else makes? thats stupid, and
    takes away the will for people to be successful. America wouldnt be what it is
    if not for CAPITALISM....** uh oh, did I say that?**

I agree that Federal and State employees make too much, however, I should
    say that that needs to be lowered, and have term limits for all of the federal
    and state governments. Wanna know why they pass stupid laws? Because they
    are out of touch with the regular Joe's way of life and work ethic.

but as far as redistribution of wealth... THAT IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE
    HEARD OF! I work my ass off to make 60,000 a year, and I will be damned if
    I give any of it to a broke as bum who is lazy as fuck and will not work. NOT
    MY FAULT THE DUMBASS IS LAZY! I will NOT pay for him!

Let's see here. . . $60,000. . . plus Obama's tax hike. . . . You are going to owe another $1,000 most likely this year.

You get to pay for Obama's brilliant tax payer expenditures like the rest of us.
    [YOUTUBE]h8tuTSi6Sck[/YOUTUBE]

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rashard View Post
    Let's see here. . . $60,000. . . plus Obama's tax hike. . . . You are going to owe another $1,000 most likely this year.

You get to pay for Obama's brilliant tax payer expenditures like the rest of us.

i hate having to defend Obama all the time, because im becoming less of a supporter by the day. thats neither here nor there. this quote is a perfect example of how misinformed people are in this country. first of all Obama isnt raising taxes, he is simply letting the bush tax cuts expire, like they were suppose to. you would have an arguement if the tax cuts werent to expire for another two years and Obama says "fuck this shit, im raising taxes now. i know facts are a liberal bias, but that the truth.

second the new tax law Obama is for, is to keep who make 250,000 a year at the same tax rate, and income earned over that amount will go from 36% or so to 39.6% or so. the same levels they were under Clinton.

now you can argue wether you agree with the taxes set to expire, thats your choice, but we have to argue facts, thats the only way to make the conversation a legitimate one...