User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: Best recording software?

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Re: Best recording software?

i read an article on record back when they were first releasing it, i was interested only because the channel strips were modeled after the 4000 g lmao but what i read is that it's a pretty basic program more marketed to the home musician a garage band like program

still hate logic
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

that program would actually be perfect for me apart from the vst support issue. Its a major oversight. i actually thought about recording and arranging everything in reason/record then bouncing to audition for the final mix, but may as well just rewire and mix on the fly.
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

It seems to be Propellerhead's M.O. to keep everything completely closed with no plugin support. I bet it opens fast like Reason. That would be nice for getting ideas down quickly. But it would be useless to me for mixing.

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

It does open quick, the interface is nice too, well its exactly the same layout as reason. tbh for most hip hop atrists it would probably be enough in terms of effects, for online tracks, mp3s, mixtapes etc. i think its more aimed at musicians.
    Its mixer is modeled on the SSL 9000 and its said to be a pretty nice emulation, but i wouldnt know....

After what you said I decided to download reaper again, that thing loads faster than anything ive ever used by far, the whole thing is really lite, i think its like 3.4mb. It can be run from a usb pen drive so you can take the entire Daw and your session anywhere....its skinnable as well, im using a protools skin...The way there talking about it on the Reaper forum is they reckon its gonna be the next big thing...there literally an update every week and bugs get ironed out as and when they occur...
    Last edited by Big Question; August 6th, 2010 at 02:14 AM
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

Yea, I try to tell people to just learn how to use the built in fx before looking for 5 million different plugins. Most people recording net tracks could use any program. Only program I hate people using is cool edit. Just because for some reason it makes people learn how to mix in the worst wrong way possible.

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

yey, i started with cool edit 5 years ago, which i guess most of the ppl who use software for themselves still use it. imo its easier than any other, thats why ppl use it, since most of the ppl start with cool edit.
    Buy Rap Beats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

opey

did the session decided to run it in regular record status helped a lot to have fader control. session sounded a lot better until i realized the artist had been clicking his pen during the tracking
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

LOL @ clicking the pen ahah. Let me ask you this, as engineers in a studio, do you help out the artists, like if they sound bad, you'll say do it over again, etc...Or you just there to record and take the moneylol.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    Yea, I try to tell people to just learn how to use the built in fx before looking for 5 million different plugins. Most people recording net tracks could use any program. Only program I hate people using is cool edit. Just because for some reason it makes people learn how to mix in the worst wrong way possible.
    Nawt really. People only mix bad in CE because of all the "mixing tutorials" youtube has for it. So they think its the proper way.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    LOL @ clicking the pen ahah. Let me ask you this, as engineers in a studio, do you help out the artists, like if they sound bad, you'll say do it over again, etc...Or you just there to record and take the moneylol.
    if there's no producer i might ask him to do it one more time but most artist will know when they messed. But as an engineer your opinion doesn't matter much if the artist likes it that's what the artist gets like i was in favor of a 3 part harmony but he was in favor of just stacking so naturally he got stacking. We do what the artist want i just make sure the recording sounds good the actual performance falls upon the artist and the producer not me
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Oh alright. I got you.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I'm in need of some help. I've got a track I'm working with and I'm not sure how to just echo the last word of the hook, bascailly I've tried just splitting the word I want to echo and putting it in its own track but didn't work. But go to 2:04 and listen to the hook, its more clearer than the first part of the songs hook lol. But this is the exact same thing I want to do.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eh8mRjO1nhg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eh8mRjO1nhg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

This is why I opted to stay away from studio engineering. I don't want to work with wack music and as an engineer you just have to suck it up and do what the artist wants.

I only work with artists that I really like and that trust me to make the right calls.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

I'm in need of some help. I've got a track I'm working with and I'm not sure how to just echo the last word of the hook, bascailly I've tried just splitting the word I want to echo and putting it in its own track but didn't work. But go to 2:04 and listen to the hook, its more clearer than the first part of the songs hook lol. But this is the exact same thing I want to do.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
    To do this right you need to automate the send mute going to the delay track. It's kind of advanced and I don't know how to do it in Audition so I can't walk you thru it. Putting the part on its own track would work too.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I'll try again later today. But I highlighted the word I wanted to echo, split that, then copy and pasted it in a new channel, but I couldn't hear it. Hopefully I can get it though because it sound weird if I just repeat the word like 4 times myself instead of just doing an echo feel.