User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 87

Thread: Best recording software?

Best recording software?

By any chance can anyone give me some input on what they're favorite or what the best audio recording software is? I've heard good things about pro tools and adobe audition.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Best recording software?

Doesn't matter what the best program is. All it comes down to is how well you can use it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

in terms of what? it's all subjective.

lmao at adobe mentioned in the same breath as pro tools though we're talking about a program that died out a long time ago vs the industry standard.

In terms of editing pro tools is the best once again my opinion is subjective i've heard people say sonar is better but hey i'm not windows person. Some people stand by nuendo some by cubase

find what easier to use for you and compliments your work flow

and no daw makes your quality better so in terms of whats better and whats not once again it's all subjective

my favorite word of the day is subjective
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

for recording, editing, mixing, etc. U heard tru, Protools has complete solutions. Audition and cooledit are shit too, but their depth cannot be compared to protools. But frankly, it dosen't matter that much which software u use.- i use nuendo
    Buy Rap Beats

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

It all depends on what your needs are. If you're rapping over a beat you downloaded to post up on the net then go with a free solution. Garage Band on Mac. Reaper or Audacity on Windows.

If you have real aspirations to learn how to record and mix well enough to use your material for demos and albums then dive into Pro Tools or Cubase. If you're buying recording equipment then get an M-Audio interface and Pro Tools. If you already have a good interface then go with Cubase. Unless you plan on taking your sessions to a real studio. Then you definitely want Pro Tools.

If you're looking to make beats then you might like something completely different. I prefer Pro Tools for all purposes, but Logic on the Mac is very powerful too. Sonar or FL Studio are popular on the PC. People that record a lot of live MIDI tend to flock toward Logic or Sonar. FL Studio is designed more like a beat machine which is why a lot of people like it for sampling. Also Reason is used a lot on Mac & PC. It's designed to feel more like using rack gear. The downfall of reason is that you can't use 3rd party plugins. But because of that it loads and runs faster than anything else.

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

meh at laughing at audition in comparison to protools. both do stuff better than the other, same as any audio program, all have a different workflow and features/limitations which is down to individual preference.
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

tis the reason why i said subjective so much
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

I can't help but wonder what Audition does better than Pro Tools. Load faster? That's all I can think of.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I just wish protools could be used with other stuff. And why is it that it only works with didgidesign and m-audio stuff anyway?

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

i suppose "better" is subjective, its just how that program works for you. Personally i find editing "better" in audition, its the best ive used on any daw ive tried, but then i hate its midi, i love cubses midi and beat making bundled software but didnt get along with its windows, i found protools limited somewhat compared to other full daws, ie track counts,

out of all the daws ive tried (cubase, protools, reaper, audition, sonar) audition has suited me better thus far, thats all there really is to it
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

What specifically is better about the editing? You're the first person I've ever heard say that. Most people switch to PT and can't believe how much better the editing is.

I find it hard to believe that you're using more than 48 audio tracks too. OR own a computer that can even handle mixing more than 48 audio tracks. All this considering I have a Xeon workstation with Mac Pro specs that can't do this. And that I record 5+ piece bands and don't run out of tracks.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just trying to understand how you're using your software.

wow if you use that many tracks man

same here i've tracked 5 piece bands as well and haven't run out of tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    I just wish protools could be used with other stuff. And why is it that it only works with didgidesign and m-audio stuff anyway?
    avid owns digidesign and m-audio and they want you buy only their stuff not to hard of a concept. There are companies like apogee and lynx that have ways around it but alas it's only at the HD level and even then you still have to buy the core card from digi
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

Also, they're a hardware company first. They made the software to ship with their hardware. The concept is that it's more stable to run a closed platform program that only works with approved hardware (ie Macs being more stable than Windows PCs).

And at first, they only sold HD gear which has built in DSPs that works with the software to not use the computer's processing power or memory to run plugins. The HD hardware is where they make their big money. All the other versions are an extension of that.

My take on this is that M-Audio makes the best hardware anyway.

true i'm happy with m-audio. i'd buy apogee for a HD rig though
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Best recording software?

Oh heeeelllllll yea. That would be the shit! I couldn't even afford those TDM plugins even if I could afford the hardware tho