User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Religious Conservatives

Religious Conservatives

I'm thinking mostly of Christian Conservatives, but here's a recent thought...

My fathers side of the family are devout Christians. My grandmother was in town and we all went to church on Sunday. My grandmother handed me a bible so i could follow along, and later on in the service she handed me a pamphlet that discussed the church and civil government. I thought back to my speech class when this girl had given a presentation on religion in schools. What I remember most is when she said something like "The seperation of church and state means that the government should not interfere with the affairs of the church, but it does not mean the church shouldn't have a say in government.
    I generally agree with that. Religious people and church's are afforded the same rights as others, the question becomes, how far involved should the church become in the affairs of civil government? These are my arguments for the seperation of church and state.

1. There are 2 ways to govern, through force and reason.
    2. the Church operates on Compassion and Reason. The State , on Force and Violence.
    3. By nature the 2 are incompatible.
    4. If the Church uses the State to it's own end, the State will use the Church to it's own end, thus corrupting the Church.
    5. To use the State is to defy God.
    6. To take the route of the State, to use Force and Violence, is to say that the methods of the Church do not work.

any thoughts?

Battle Record
    1-1

Re: Religious Conservatives

All American religions are under the umbrella of an ancient tribe known as the Levites, and are doing what they're supposed to, or at least think are supposed to, be doing by taking everyone's money in the name of god.

We are who we are, not what we call ourselves. Every individual is responsible for their own destiny.
    [youtube]3JWXNPaLSkA[/youtube]

you know I wanna feel special

MCL