I fear that death but swims the ether of eternity
    I fear that it is but a while that I rest
    I strive, and when I am done
    I strive further than before.

I fear life will fade too soon into oblivion
    I fear the forgotten wretched souls
    I strive for what I've become
    I strive ever more and more

With that which weighs on my minds, life on this planet is nothing but play and amusement; let us make the conscious effort to make the conscious world a better place to be
    One moment at a time
    I fear it's too late
    I strive still.

Battle Record
    0-1

Re: I fear that death but swims the ether of etern

This is extremely well written, although I do not understand completely. I can see a message, to me this is saying that although you see things a certain way, and normally they'd shut down someone else, you continue to strive, living to the fullest. Not only living to the fullest but strive to face your fears. I'm not sure if you have a double meaning to this, or if I got the completely wrong idea, but with poetry, to each his own, as long as the poem is interpreted in ways that make you think and want to read more. Good poem, I'd definitely like to see more from you.

RTF? : http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...032/index.html

|| Scandalous Grammar ||

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

this was interesting to say the least.. i'll be back to leave feed in a bit.. it's 4 am atm, lol
    Life is a box of shit.

Battle Record
    0-1

Imagine eternity. Well how long does it go on? Forever stupid, that's why they call it eternity. But... forever gives a sense of time. Eternity is a concept. Conceptualized by that ever missed and elusive component to energy... time.

All that time is, was, and ever will be. Trapped by the word "eternity." And death? We all know death. Life and death and cycle of it all. But death only swims within eternity. Before, after, above, below, and all around eternity... death resides within it. Imagine if you would a poison in your body that never got out. This is my fear. I fear it because of it's transcendence. What am I to such as death?

I fear we really only do get one life and one death. And death is universal, it's our life that separates us. And I don't know about y'all, but I'm afraid I'm not going to get a whole lot out of life by comparison to the vast quantities of the universe. I could be wrong though, I"m an expert in death, not life.

All I really know is... I gotta keep pushing. And keep pushing after that. Things don't work out right when I spend my time resting. When I spend my time dying.

Life, death... eternity... whatever, dude. It'll all become part of the grand nothingness. We ourselves in this universe, in this existence of ours, came from but a vacuum. That's a scary thought in of itself. It's scarier to imagine there is no time, and all this happens at once. And there is no telling, by our standards, if it hasn't already happened.

But... I put a lot of work into who and what I am. I can't let things like that stop me, they just help me focus to continue becoming and being that which I am.

Who we are... where we are at... it's a joke. A sad, pathetic joke. And when you can get OVER that and move on... you can laugh. Good, laughing is good. Laughter is primal, and primal might not be nothing but nothing compared to the grand cosmos, but it's all we got. The good things in life, that is.

Right here. Right now. And every moment on.

But at the same time... it might not matter what we do. We could have been doomed before we ever arrived. In which case, I'm still going to try. Because apparently it's all I can afford to do.

I've also thrown in and scattered jokes around this piece in which many will see, but few will understand. And if they understood, could hypothetically be offended.

I'm aiming for laughter.

-