Page 1 of 51 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 756

Thread: The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

The World Cup kicks off next week (June 11th). So far there's been controversy over the new ball (as always). And I saw recently that a player from Mexico has beef about some of the cuts that were made to the roster. Also, Ireland got the shit end of the stick losing the qualifier off that admittedly blatant hand-ball from Henry. Damn French. Ireland would've been nice to watch. 50,000 drunken fans? That's entertainment.

Overall, I have USA taking this...

Ok seriously though, who you got? I'm saying maybe Brazil/Germany for the Final.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

doesnotexist

Re: The Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Germany won't even get to the quarter final IMO. This isn't the old Germany.

I'd say top 3 contenders are Spain, England and Brazil.

But it's the world cup, anything can happen.

As for Irish fans, they ain't shit. If Bosnia made it to the cup (we were second behind Spain but then got eliminated by Portugal in second place playoff ), then you'd see some CRAZY FANS. Notorious throughout Europe

But yea France screwed Ireland, that was fucked up.
    Last edited by doesnotexist; June 1st, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Yea, Ballack is amazing though. I was thinking England/Brazil originally, which would be awesome but England always seems to disappoint somehow. And they don't have Beckham (not that it really matters lol). I'm sure they're be a decent amount of upsets too, those Sweds/Dutch usually sneak a few out and possibly the Aussie's too. I think they had a decent run in 2006 if I remember right.

I'm somewhat surprised that Italy hasn't been talked about too heavily. I mean there still top 10 for sure, but winning it in 2006 you'd think there'd be more buzz.

I would love to see Bosnia in the cup if you're fans are crazier than the Irish. That's intense. What's the national anthem anyways?

I need to start figuring out a way/place to watch these games at. I wonder if they have a pass you can buy to watch them all online.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    11-9

yea...i read in usa today about the soccer ball.......apparently adidas released the ball for leagues nine months ago so they could get use to it....now that theres complaints adidas pretty much has said, "you should have complained earlier".....lol....all about the cash.
    Coronavirus can't get me.

Battle Record
    21-6

top teams that I think will win it all will be Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Brasil, or England.

The Group of Death is so freaking hard to say who will come out...but i'm hoping it's Brasil & Portugal..but I wouldn't mind Ivory Coast making it out because they have a good freaking team.

It sucks Ballack won't get to play for Germany which is more than likely his last World Cup appearance if he was injury-free.

Ghana looks like another great African team that I was pulling for, but now Essein won't be able to make it either.

The Mexican fans are really pissed that Jonathan didn't make it. Would of been dope to watch the two Dos Santos brothers playing at the same time...everyone is really upset about this poor decision. Mexico has always qualified out of their group stages but this one is hard to say because South Africa is host...playing at home...and they beat Mexico during their last friendly match. And South Africa does have players that can keep up with the teams on their group because players such as Pienaar do play in Europe.

Serbia is my dark horse pick. Everyone is underestimating these guys but remember they qualified to the world cup by a great margin, as first place, and they blew out France. Milos Krasic is so freaking fast that it's entertaining to watch him play. they also have Vidic & their captain being a Stakovic(forgot how to spell his name) from Inter Milan...telling ya this team will be fun to watch.

The Netherlands once again underrated and they have too many talented players.

Will be a freaking good WC

No European team has won outside of Europe. The Africans are playing in Africa. And Brasil have Dinho and Pato and maybe Adriano out right?

Maradona said if they win the World Cup he will run around Buenos Aires NAKED. And being Maradona I believe him lol.
    Last edited by El Chapo; June 1st, 2010 at 11:54 PM
    [/url]

Battle Record
    21-6

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    Yea, Ballack is amazing though. I was thinking England/Brazil originally, which would be awesome but England always seems to disappoint somehow. And they don't have Beckham (not that it really matters lol). I'm sure they're be a decent amount of upsets too, those Sweds/Dutch usually sneak a few out and possibly the Aussie's too. I think they had a decent run in 2006 if I remember right.

I'm somewhat surprised that Italy hasn't been talked about too heavily. I mean there still top 10 for sure, but winning it in 2006 you'd think there'd be more buzz.

I would love to see Bosnia in the cup if you're fans are crazier than the Irish. That's intense. What's the national anthem anyways?

I need to start figuring out a way/place to watch these games at. I wonder if they have a pass you can buy to watch them all online.
    Bosnia had a great run this year. Sucked that they didn't make it nor did Turkey...

You can watch the games on regular tv dude lol.

Spain & England are always choking in these big tournaments.
    [/url]

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Freeney View Post
    yea...i read in usa today about the soccer ball.......apparently adidas released the ball for leagues nine months ago so they could get use to it....now that theres complaints adidas pretty much has said, "you should have complained earlier".....lol....all about the cash.
    Oh I didn't realize they used the ball in the leagues, I thought it was just introduced specifically for the Cup. Yea, they pretty much have no excuse then. I saw a quote from a player about the ball that was hilarious... "It's round, like it always is" haha.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Quote Originally Posted by -Ricardo- View Post
    top teams that I think will win it all will be Spain, Argentina, Netherlands, Brasil, or England.

The Group of Death is so freaking hard to say who will come out...but i'm hoping it's Brasil & Portugal..but I wouldn't mind Ivory Coast making it out because they have a good freaking team.

It sucks Ballack won't get to play for Germany which is more than likely his last World Cup appearance if he was injury-free.

Ghana looks like another great African team that I was pulling for, but now Essein won't be able to make it either.

The Mexican fans are really pissed that Jonathan didn't make it. Would of been dope to watch the two Dos Santos brothers playing at the same time...everyone is really upset about this poor decision. Mexico has always qualified out of their group stages but this one is hard to say because South Africa is host...playing at home...and they beat Mexico during their last friendly match. And South Africa does have players that can keep up with the teams on their group because players such as Pienaar do play in Europe.

Serbia is my dark horse pick. Everyone is underestimating these guys but remember they qualified to the world cup by a great margin, as first place, and they blew out France. Milos Krasic is so freaking fast that it's entertaining to watch him play. they also have Vidic & their captain being a Stakovic(forgot how to spell his name) from Inter Milan...telling ya this team will be fun to watch.

No European team has won outside of Europe. The Africans are playing in Africa. And Brasil have Dinho and Pato and maybe Adriano out right?

Maradona said if they win the World Cup he will run around Buenos Aires NAKED. And being Maradona I believe him lol.
    Ballacks out of the cup? No Beckham, no Ballack, what is Futbol coming too. Yea I definitely take back my projection of Germany getting to the finals now. I agree with Netherland, I just said they're sneaky and always underrated. I head one of the players from Mexico is/might refuse to play if they don't bring back one of the cut players, it's probably that dude you mentioned. Maradona will definitely run around naked, haha. I believe it.

And for TV... I won't be able to watch the afternoon games most likely cause of work. Plus they'll be on in the morning cause of the time difference. I don't have a Tivo or DVR, so unless some internet site has them available to view whenever I might have to resort to buying a VCR for like 10 bucks and video taping the matches old school style lmao.
    Last edited by Moniker; June 2nd, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by -Ricardo- View Post

Croatia and Bosnia have better individual players. Serbia is good this time around, but not that great. Their group was lame, and they got lucky imo. Bosnia as usual, very unlucky. A group with the two best teams from the Euro Cup, Spain and Turkey. Then also Belgium. They somehoiw make it through all that, then have to play Portugal for second place Lol. Just terrible.

Serbia just got beat by New Zealand 1-0 on their own turf. New fuckin Zeland. Sure it's just a friendly but still. They have a tendancy of getting to the tournament then emberassing themsevles horribly.

I'm rooting for their downfall

There's much better dark horses than them IMO.

Besides if Serbia was to get far.....Bosnians, Albanians and Croatians would never hear the end of it lmao....
    Last edited by doesnotexist; June 2nd, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Battle Record
    26-5

I'd go Spain, England & Argentina

just dont fancy brazil despite them winning the confeds last year

Look out for ivory coast, could upset a few teams along the way

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

i'm blindly following portugal!
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    4-10

The fever is high down here in the back yard fellas. South Africa!!!!!

OK its no secret I'm rooting for my South African boys but contenders for the world cup:

Are Spain and Holland

Spain, they have a dynamic team that boasts a host of top quality and team chemistry.
    Teams such as Brazil have to chance at all. I mean Dunga cut off so many of their match winners and there is no chance in hell they can win against the elephants of the Ivory Coast. My bet is the may find it difficult to even get through the first round. Highly overrated.

As for Argentina, they might as well forget. Its no use having the biggest fists if there's nowhere to hit. An ill disciplined team to say the least with a lousy mentor to look for guidance. Lets face it, the coach has a weak tactical ability, period.

Not selected for their teams or injured:

England

David Beckham
    Theo Walcott
    Michael Own

Germany

Michael Ballack

France:

Karim Benzema
    Samir Nasri
    Patrick Viara
    Lassana Diarra

Brazil:
    Argentina:
    Javier Zanetti
    Juan Riquelme
    Neymar
    Ronaldinho
    Adriano

Spain

Raul Gonzalez

Italy:

Alesandro Nesta
    Francesco Totti
    Del Piero
    Luca Toni
    Fabio Gross

Italy, Brazil, France, Germany not even Semi-final sorry to dash you hearts
    Last edited by Soul Slayer; May 18th, 2012 at 04:28 AM

Scytsophrenia

On that next level.. but STILL fuckin' crazy.

[soundclick]7321513[/soundclick]

You've Earned a Custom Title! moose35's Avatar
    Battle Record
    10-11

Well, Germany's a tournament team. They can step it up when they need to. Same goes for France. Those are my 2 dark horses for the tournament. As for the favorites...probably England or Brasil. Spain's overrated imo. They're a strong team, no doubt about it, but most of their quality is in midfield, so not all their stars are gonna play. Fabregas and Silva usually sit on the bench. Their defense is bad, and Casillas has been having some bad matches for Real this year. So I have England or Brasil taking the whole thing.

Plus, I'm from Slovakia, and this is the first time we get to play in the WC. So I hope we get to the knockout round, anything goes then.

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Slayer View Post
    The fever is high down here in the back yard fellas. South Africa!!!!!

OK its no secret I'm rooting for my South African boys but contenders for the world cup:

Are Spain and Holland

Spain, they have a dynamic team that boasts a host of top quality and team chemistry.
    Teams such as Brazil have to chance at all. I mean Dunga cut off so many of their match winners and there is no chance in hell they can win against the elephants of the Ivory Coast. My bet is the may find it difficult to even get through the first round. Highly overrated.

As for Argentina, they might as well forget. Its no use having the biggest fists if there's nowhere to hit. An ill disciplined team to say the least with a lousy mentor to look for guidance. Lets face it, the coach has a weak tactical ability, period.

Not selected for their teams or injured:

England

David Beckham
    Theo Walcott
    Michael Own

Germany

Michael Ballack

France:

Karim Benzema
    Samir Nasri
    Patrick Viara
    Lassana Diarra

Brazil:

Javier Zanetti
    Juan Riquelme
    Neymar
    Ronaldinho
    Adriano

Spain

Raul Gonzalez

Italy:

Alesandro Nesta
    Francesco Totti
    Del Piero
    Luca Toni
    Fabio Gross

Italy, Brazil, France, Germany not even Semi-final sorry to dash you hearts
    Netherlands ofcourse, i like you allready.

- Artificial Intelligence

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

17 games undefeated.. still going strong.

- Artificial Intelligence