User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Open Mic Einsteins

You've Earned a Custom Title! Roe's Avatar

Open Mic Einsteins

This is no rant but I believe it's a topic worth addressing. It seems as if people in the Open Mic forums seem to favor the more poetic and vocabulary influenced pieces more than the real, relate-able pieces. There's some pieces in the Open mic HOF that would sound like "WTF?" on a beat, no one would grasp it.

I don't know it may just be me, but take this for example, this is a verse from Kanye West's "Flashing Lights" from his grammy nominated album "Graduation".

She don't believe in shootin' stars,
    but she believe in shoes & cars
    Wood floors in the new apartment,
    couture from the store's department
    You more like L'eau de Stardee shit,
    I'm more of the, trips to Florida
    Order the h'orderves, views of the Water
    Straight from the page of your favorite author
    And the weather so breezy,
    man why can't life always be this easy
    She in the mirror dancing so sleazy,
    I get a call like where are you Yeezy
    Try to hit you with a 'Oeur de Whopee'
    Till I get flashed by the paparazzi
    Damn, these nigga's got me,
    I hate these nigga's more than the Nazis.

Do you really believe in kanye were to post this in the open mic forum he would receive great feedback? Hell no he wouldn't. Because he doesn't use any blinding vocab, his verse will be immediately shunned upon. This is a very nice verse in my opinion and very followable by any ear.

The open mic forum is a vocabulary contest. I suppose I need to get into audio because pieces always sound better on a beat than written. I KNOW some people must agree.

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

Re: Open Mic Einsteins

i get what your sayin dude but open mic is more of a story telling place... sure do your freestyle but more wanna be thugs put up worthless shit that it gets looked over to the ones who wrote an original piece with only their ideas and pieced it together to be something worth your time to read rather than some flow type shit nah mean... you argue a nice one but my response is this^^ no hate to no one but putting shit out like this

I was raised on the street the concrete is my home,
    blown cause i blew a dutch past a half life to get STONED!
    ^^this is what you call creative writing

Im gangsta with my rhymes,
    let my word go off on you like a nine.
    busted me for four counts of crimes,
    paid the time and did what i need to do for sign
    ^^now that is fuckin basic as fuck
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

You've Earned a Custom Title! Roe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Write View Post
    i get what your sayin dude but open mic is more of a story telling place... sure do your freestyle but more wanna be thugs put up worthless shit that it gets looked over to the ones who wrote an original piece with only their ideas and pieced it together to be something worth your time to read rather than some flow type shit nah mean... you argue a nice one but my response is this^^ no hate to no one but putting shit out like this

I was raised on the street the concrete is my home,
    blown cause i blew a dutch past a half life to get STONED!
    ^^this is what you call creative writing

Im gangsta with my rhymes,
    let my word go off on you like a nine.
    busted me for four counts of crimes,
    paid the time and did what i need to do for sign
    ^^now that is fuckin basic as fuck
    Ah, I understand what you're saying. I guess I need to get some equipment and record since a nice piece in audio isn't just the lyrics, it's the flow, beat, and lyrics all combined. In open mic it's just the lyrics.

Battle Record
    27-12

^^ now you get it, and as for mainstream lyric content, most people in the world ARENT intelligent, some have average smarts, but the mainstream tailer to this, they need to be able to address the masses and hold wide appeal, they cant do that pushing lyrics that a large portion of the world doesnt comprehend, there are not only unintelligent people but also foreignors to appeal to with a vocabulary that is limited.

you as an artist are not providing for yourself with your music, it is a hobby as of now, do you want to cheat your lyric content as most mainstream artists probably find they are forced to do, there is a reason people like Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks, or any other lyricist like this who uses deep lyrical content, advanced vocab, and multis and all that arent widely acclaimed, the general public cannot identify with the higher level of artistry in their work, they still are famous on some level though and make a living with their music. but if you compared the die hard fan of these artists vs people like lil wayne or kayne, you will find these artists have undying followers