User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How can i get more better

Battle Record
    13-13

How can i get more better

Now im 19 year old and i love rap so fucking much. But i dont even like present level, i just wana keep getting better and better. .
    -Does listening to dope rappers really make one get better?

Battle Record
    27-12

Re: How can i get more better

um in some senses yes, but listening to bad one can also open your eyes on whats missing in it as well, id say having an objective mind and listening to as much hip hop as possible can improve your understanding of quality. even opening your mind to outside genres can also bring further understanding of ways you can expand your talents

the best thing you can though is start writing, post some stuff up and get specific feed back to what it is you are trying to develop, the feed you receive on this will be directly related to your material and will speed up your elevation

You've Earned a Custom Title! Hanible's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-5

Quote Originally Posted by Mackzimus Rayge View Post
    Now im 19 year old and i love rap so fucking much. But i dont even like present level, i just wana keep getting better and better. .
    -Does listening to dope rappers really make one get better?
    well its good to listen to other muisc but another thing to do is just
    sit down write down what ur goin to say make sure it sounds good
    dont rush on it but just think about what ur goin to say it hellps

Battle Record
    13-13

Aight thanks gees!

Battle Record
    1-3

I really hope English isn't your first language.

I would suppose listening to well articulated rappers would help in terms of expanding your vocabulary - to which degree would depend on the artist - but I know I've been listening to like Sole or Sage Francis before and had to stop and look up a word.

I would say to become a better writer, turn on an instrumental you want to drop on and just loop it in the background and go for as long as you can with writing down everything you can think of (stream-of-consciousness) and hardly even think about it rhyming or fitting the rhythm. Once you have that subconscious blur of material organize it to fit and make tweaks to get multi's or to better present what you want to say. I sometimes even use this method while listen to instrumentals of other genre's of music (ambient, noise, etc.) and just reflect on what thoughts/emotions the sounds trigger and force myself to keep writing.

As far as writing goes, there's tons of writing techniques (like the 2 I listed above ^) people have used in all different forms of literature and poetry that can be applied to writing lyrics. I think I'm gonna stick to tips on writing in this post, but I have a pretty long write-up on this forum about improving your mind-mouth dichotomy.
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned."
    -Leonardo da Vinci

Currently listening to:
    [YOUTUBE]N6Z4XG6kZss&feature=relatedc[/YOUTUBE]

PakTraxxBeats.com PakTraxx *Beats*'s Avatar

work on your craft everyday, always have that sense of your better than you were yesterday! Stay focused and take the time to invest knowledge into gaining improvement... read dictionaries if you have too... anything that gives you a sense of progression

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click Banner To Go To PakTraxxBeats.com

putting a mixtape together holla at me if you want on

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aim: PaktraxxBeats

You've Earned a Custom Title! Hanible's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-5

Quote Originally Posted by Novac View Post
    I really hope English isn't your first language.

I would suppose listening to well articulated rappers would help in terms of expanding your vocabulary - to which degree would depend on the artist - but I know I've been listening to like Sole or Sage Francis before and had to stop and look up a word.

I would say to become a better writer, turn on an instrumental you want to drop on and just loop it in the background and go for as long as you can with writing down everything you can think of (stream-of-consciousness) and hardly even think about it rhyming or fitting the rhythm. Once you have that subconscious blur of material organize it to fit and make tweaks to get multi's or to better present what you want to say. I sometimes even use this method while listen to instrumentals of other genre's of music (ambient, noise, etc.) and just reflect on what thoughts/emotions the sounds trigger and force myself to keep writing.

As far as writing goes, there's tons of writing techniques (like the 2 I listed above ^) people have used in all different forms of literature and poetry that can be applied to writing lyrics. I think I'm gonna stick to tips on writing in this post, but I have a pretty long write-up on this forum about improving your mind-mouth dichotomy.
    umm was that rap to me:hosea:

You've Earned a Custom Title! Checkerboard's Avatar
    The Nati, The Queen City, The City of 7 Hills, Porkopolis, Cincinnati, Ohio in the Midwest or the East Coast...I rep my city. End of Story.
    Battle Record
    2-9

Write down wordz that rhyme in a list, then form a rhyme around it. To think of a rhyme, write A-Z on the top of the page and force yourself to make a rhyme. Ex. Blunt=A,B,C,D,E,Front,G,Hunt,I,J,K,L, and so on. Then when youve done this, get a beat banging and freestyle. When you hear something that sounds dope to YOU,write it down QUICKLY. Then after youve done that a few times, try to form a verse[12,16,24,36 lines] around it. Use elemnt like similes, hyperboyles, metaphors, symbolism, stuff like that. Practice rapping all the time. Carry paper and pen at all times, just in case something dope comes to you. Use your voice. Eminem can make words rhyme that dont rhyme when said the regular way. Listen to Em songs And some Damian Marley and Nas Songs and look up lyrics. Youll get a sense of what im saying. Word Audi
    Even if you were free on Sin/Jesus Christ wouldn't take you in/you equals Too Wack/Man, Im really Sorry Bout that/:RBman:

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

just keep going man, it can take months or years but you`ll get their if u want it
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

Battle Record
    141-66
    Awards LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

vote in fl u'll get better lol

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

lol

Battle Record
    13-13

thanks fir the advice fellas

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

This has been inactive for a week, Elevation Resolved? If not, open a new thread.

Add & Follow

·