User Tag List

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 1651

Thread: Working Out

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Working out

I have these pushup things I bough, those "twist when come up" like rotating circle things. I've actualyl substituted them for bench press. I noticed they gave me a way better result. Also I use them on stairs, i put my feet on the third stairs and pushup from there, narrow and wide grip pushups, those will benefit you more. Also alot harder, so start ff on how many you can do at one time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Should I vary the push up positions?
    I do incorporate them as a warm up into my routine but can only do 20 clean ones without me getting tired. I'll usually do 10 as a warm up along with running a bit in place and curling half of my regular dumbbell curl.
    push up variations can only help. I bought myself a pair of those push up bars, they make the push up a lot harder, thus causing more strain on your muscles.

Try to build yourself up to 30 or 40 push ups and make them a regualar part of your routine and you'll start seeing big increases, mostly in your triceps, shoulders, and chest area.

The rest of your body will also get stronger because your using your entire body to do a push up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! B-Nickel's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

Pushups are good of course but your trying too gain muscle and pushups is an excersize that fits under the category strength training which isnt weight lifting......punchups more soo work on endurance. thats it.

As for your routine goes try this is you want.

:Standing barbell curls: -3 sets(6-8) reps, :Concentration curls: -2 sets(6-8) reps, :Hammer curls: -2 sets(8-10) reps, :One arm cambell curls: -3 sets(6-8) reps

Try going Monday, Wed, Thurs and Friday, and make sure you find the proper weight, remember too make sure the weight fits you and your comfortable..

push ups can still make you big dude, I know from experience.

Of course it takes a little longer then say bench pressing, but you'll gain size from push ups if you keep at them long enough.

Battle Record
    1-4

Yeah right now I curl around 20 but I'm probably gonna upgrade to 30 in order to get bigger instead of lean muscle. For forearms though, do regular curls or any of the exorcises above target the forearm at all? That's a part of my body I really need to work on.

Last time I benched was freshman year so I probably upgraded a bit. I wasn't too serious into working out at the time. Should I get back to that though?

[YOUTUBE]-0zEwdAF-gc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I doubt you'll be able to do 30 lol. Try 25's.

You've Earned a Custom Title! B-Nickel's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

Try 30s man, if you can do 6 reps, go for it, but if its too much, you will know....

Lol i just finished highschool last year, im going to univeristy for this stuff sooo, ask me anything man,

Battle Record
    1-4

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to do 30 lol. Try 25's.
    Like the guy said above me, I'll try both if I can't go on after the 2nd set then I'll downgrade. This is all just trial and error at this stage haha.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

If you been doing 20's for awhile now there's no way you can 30's with proper form.

Battle Record
    1-4

Probably won't be able, if I noticed I'm starting to bend over during the curl then I'll downgrade. I'll hit you update you guys on the results tomorrow to see if I can do the 30 pounds or not.

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Don't over-workout the same muscle group. If your working out your biceps 5+ days a week, you're doing it wrong.

You should only work out the same muscle group every other day at the least. It's all about muscle confusion, and so you don't wanna repeat the same thing day after day. Some people think that if they workout the same body part 7 days a week, let's say the bicep, that it's gunna make their biceps bigger in a quicker time. This doesnt work and does more harm to your muscles than anything. You need to give your muscles time to heal and recover, and you'll see better results if you rest that muscle group 1-2 days before working them out again.
    RB OG Triple OG

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

^Yeuh, I think its lie after you workout, your muscles grow within 2 days, even though if you can't notice it with your eye.

Battle Record
    1-4

Haha I tried to curl 30 pounds...wasn't happening lmao. I tried 25 though and I felt that was good.

Thanks for the advice, I was training the same muscle group on a daily basis actually so that's a good tip.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

i feel like i've just answered this thread because wait i have lmao

4-8 rep range is great for building nice mass because you're suppose to select a weight that you can only get for 4-8 reps. It's simple the more weight the more stress the more need for the muscle to grow. Push ups should never be a main component of your workouts if your mass building if anything throw in one set to muscular failure at the end of your chest workout and wtf at only training arms are you 13? if you're looking to get bigger i suggest you workout your whole body with split like example

monday:chest
    tuesday:quads,hams,calves
    wednesday: off
    thursday: back, biceps
    friday: shoulders, triceps, traps

and for protein i think muscle milk has too much sugar and is mostly made up of casein protein which is great for when you're about to sleep but for everything else it just gets absorbed to slow. I recommend like i always recommend optimum nutritions line of protein their 100% gold standard whey has won best protein for like 4 to 6 years running.
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Guy at the local shop around here when I went with my girl to look at protein said he wouldn't recommend Muscle Milk to anyone
    RB OG Triple OG