My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Re: Working out

Spanj is my hero.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

thanks babe and i really am 20 CAS
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-6

Hey guys is there such thing as too much Cardio?

Today I went extra hard at the gym..super hard with arms/chest workouts then finished with cardio

Ran two miles and still felt energy flowing through me like a homosexual at a pirate bar..so I kept running ended up doing about 4 miles=500+ calories.

Is there such thing as too much which would affect me?
    [/url]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Of course. There's always too much of anything. As far as running goes, its all about your lungs and breathing. As long as you keep up with your fluids I can't see anything wrong with it. In my one workout/running class in school, we would run 2-4 km's everyday, then workout for the rest of the class. So...yeuh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running is amazing......especially when you beginning and your cardio/breath control is horrible

once you realize you found your breath and can just run and run its the best feeling in the world

imo tbh

Originally Posted by sILLable
    i was 18 and she was 15...never again..i dont ask for ID's im not a fuckin night club but whatever

Battle Record
    21-6

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet.
    Of course. There's always too much of anything. As far as running goes, its all about your lungs and breathing. As long as you keep up with your fluids I can't see anything wrong with it. In my one workout/running class in school, we would run 2-4 km's everyday, then workout for the rest of the class. So...yeuh.
    I sometimes don't understand you Bullet. You just said of course there is too much of anything, but then you said as long as you keep up with fluids I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Lol!!
    [/url]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

ah well...I mean if you work too much of anything its bad....but for the running I meant, keep up with your fluids and you should be good. I guess I kind of changed my mind while typing aha....but running I have no idea. Never really heard of TOO MUCH running is bad for you.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ricardo- View Post
    Hey guys is there such thing as too much Cardio?

Today I went extra hard at the gym..super hard with arms/chest workouts then finished with cardio

Ran two miles and still felt energy flowing through me like a homosexual at a pirate bar..so I kept running ended up doing about 4 miles=500+ calories.

Is there such thing as too much which would affect me?
    you don't really want to be doing too much cardio because of the goal you want, you want to put on muscle

long drawn out cardio like that has been be shown to be counter productive to muscle growth because your body will have the tendency to burn muscle for fuel it's the catabolic state(your body has two states catabolic and anabolic). High intensity cardio is the way to go you because it burns more fat yet in the short amount of time it doesn't touch your muscle.

The point of cardio is not to burn calories weight lifting burns more calories than cardio way more. The point of cardio is to burn fat and high intensity is the way to go

sample high intensity cardio

1 min-walk
    30 sec-very intense run almost sprinting
    and repeat till you get to 20 minutes or so

then once you feel plateau'ing increase the running time to 1 minute and go for 3 minutes
    De Kapitein

Spanja.....Teach me to be like you?

LOL JP

but yeah thats what i do basically, cept im at the point i do 3 mins quick run and one minute walk

i was 18 and she was 15...never again..i dont ask for ID's im not a fuckin night club but whatever

i try not to run for long because my joints don't need to be torn down anymore than weight lifting does

Lets keep this thread going instead of having someone post a new one every 2 weeks
    De Kapitein

Someone should change the name to "Official Workout Thread"

and anybody take icebaths in here?

amazing.....like wow amazing

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Word, are they? That stuff be shrivaling up body parts that shoud be left alon lol. When I start working out like after a month or so, only the first workout I do, my msucles hurt after for a few days. If they hurt alot and I don't have any supplements I go for an epson salt bath. ( I don't think thats the correct spelling for the salt though).

Quote Originally Posted by TrUbZzZ View Post
    Someone should change the name to "Official Workout Thread"

and anybody take icebaths in here?

amazing.....like wow amazing
    i would but i don't have access to one. I'd rather get this
    [YOUTUBE]_n7Wwg3V2FU[/YOUTUBE]

but ice baths have been shown to create better blood flow which=more muscle growth

but like i said ice baths are hard to come by
    De Kapitein

Its cuz the cold tends to shrink ya blood vessels n slow down metabolism, then when u start to warm up they open a bit more and flush out your muscles while replacing it with new blood

iv'e only done it for a week but yeah its amazing

i take creatine and keep up with my protein powder so my recovery time is pretty fast anyways, but To be honest....if i do an ice bath, normally where the next day i'd be still feeling the soreness n would usually just work another muscle group, i culd honestly just go to the gym n work out the same muscles as the day before with no soreness, like it really does make that much of a difference

i have one of the shock ones tho @ Spanj video

but that looks real nice...with the pulse for blood flow, going to look into getting one of them if it isnt amazingly expensive, ill let you know how it goes if i end up getting one

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

When people say "it'll help your recovery time", does this mean it will prevent your muscles from hurting the next, or help repair the muscle tendants you've ripped? Because I work out every other day and my muscles never hurt after working out. They just feel very heavey because I've worked them really good.