User Tag List

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1651

Thread: Working Out

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Re: Working Out

It's up to you what body parts to work out. I think working out morning AND night daily is pushing it though. Your body does need rest...And allow at least 48 hours per muscle group before working it out again.

When a friend and I workout..If we workout our back, we'll workout our triceps as well. When we workout our chest, we'll do biceps also. Throw in abs and shoulders within either workout. That's just the grouping we like the best. A few of the machines we use though will workout the chest and biceps in one, so I'm assuming that's how we got into the groove of Chest/Biceps, Back/Tri's. There's really no set 'You should work this muscle group with this muscle group', it's up to what you feel like working out.
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elevated like Seagulls El Heisenberg's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

aye if im busy and cant work out that'll be my rest. otherwise im pushing it as much as possible

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

Not giving your body time to rest and recover after a good workout only hurts you.

If you have a good workout, your muscles need time to rest and heal themselves. If you have tons of free time and go in the gym and workout your biceps 6 days a week, you're only hurting your arms. You won't see them get bigger at a faster rate by doing it. So basically you're just waisting your time

There's a line between getting good workouts in, and overworking muscle groups.
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Not giving your body time to rest and recover after a good workout only hurts you.

If you have a good workout, your muscles need time to rest and heal themselves. If you have tons of free time and go in the gym and workout your biceps 6 days a week, you're only hurting your arms. You won't see them get bigger at a faster rate by doing it. So basically you're just waisting your time

There's a line between getting good workouts in, and overworking muscle groups.
    This.

when you give your body time to rest thats when your muscles rebuild torn muscle layers, which is how you get bigger. if you keep working out without rest youre just breaking down your muscles over and over without giving them time to rebuild.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    It's up to you what body parts to work out. I think working out morning AND night daily is pushing it though. Your body does need rest...And allow at least 48 hours per muscle group before working it out again.

When a friend and I workout..If we workout our back, we'll workout our triceps as well. When we workout our chest, we'll do biceps also. Throw in abs and shoulders within either workout. That's just the grouping we like the best. A few of the machines we use though will workout the chest and biceps in one, so I'm assuming that's how we got into the groove of Chest/Biceps, Back/Tri's. There's really no set 'You should work this muscle group with this muscle group', it's up to what you feel like working out.
    that's debatable.

Ronnie Coleman and Arnold both trained twice a day.

on the other hand, dorian yates only trained once and only 3 days per week.

you have to find what works for you
    De Kapitein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bust On Toes View Post
    So what individual body parts should I workout if I'm going in the morning & night?

Spanja, this morning I did back so what should I do?

I'm going 6 days a week. Can you give me a per day body part workout but two because I go twice

Example --Monday--back morning..shoulders night

Etc
    i swear i've done one for you before.

mon:quads, abs, bicep
    tuesday: back(rows only), calves, hamstrings
    wed: chest, shoulders
    thur: back(pull downs), traps
    friday: tricep and then do whatever you feel is a weak point
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    21-6

I've read on the body builder magazines that some professionals would train 7 days a week.

I know not to train my same body part. Like yesterday I did..back in the morning..shoulders at night..

right now I'm going to to biceps...and chest at night.

I'm going follow Spanja's list next week I'm going to do research to get some good exercises for each of those parts so I can switch up my routine.
    [/url]

Battle Record
    84-13
    Awards FL Champion 50+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by .Prime. View Post
    I'm new to working out and want to get bigger as a result. I'm a pretty skinny kid but I've been told I can fill out nicely. Basically I want bigger biceps, triceps, pectorals, and forearms. I've looked up tons of workout regaments but I'm not sure if they will work out right and give me the results I'm lookin for. So do any of you follow a certain workout routine that gives the results I'm looking for? Are supplements necessary to get big quickly? Noticed a ton of my friends are starting to use creatine to get bigger or this powder called Jack3d. Thanks for the help.

My workout routine so far..

Dumbbell Bicep curls - 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Reverse Curls- 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Bench Press - 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Wrist Twist - 5 sets 20 reps
    Dumbbells are good but just dont work out wit them alone....switch it up....use free weights and hit the machines also....looks like the routine u have depending on the size of the dumbbell ur doin nothin but toning up now....heavier the weight less reps will gain u size....less weight more reps will tone u up

Battle Record
    84-13
    Awards FL Champion 50+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by RXL Prime View Post
    i swear i've done one for you before.

mon:quads, abs, bicep
    tuesday: back(rows only), calves, hamstrings
    wed: chest, shoulders
    thur: back(pull downs), traps
    friday: tricep and then do whatever you feel is a weak point

i agree with this....get on a routine like this and u will be there....this is kinda what i do just in different order....also give ur body proper time to rest before goin back at it....drink a protein shake after a hard day of lifting cuz it help repair the muscles faster
    Last edited by Quest.; June 1st, 2011 at 01:22 PM

beyond dope.
    Battle Record
    50-27

Quote Originally Posted by Quest. View Post
    Dumbbells are good but just dont work out wit them alone....switch it up....use free weights and hit the machines also....looks like the routine u have depending on the size of the dumbbell ur doin nothin but toning up now....heavier the weight less reps will gain u size....less weight more reps will tone u up
    Just keep up with the routine in reps - if you cant make your reps with heavier weight, lower it down so you can make those 20 instead of doing less at a heavier weight.

- Artificial Intelligence

Battle Record
    21-6

Fucking double post, sorry.
    Last edited by El Chapo; June 1st, 2011 at 03:52 PM
    [/url]

Battle Record
    21-6

When I first started I didn't have a clue what the fuck I was getting into.

I didn't know form, weights, the body types, lol believe or not not even what a bicep or a tricep was or different body parts. I never knew every body part had a different way of working out.

Now I have learned a lot way more. I've learned to the point that people ask me questions.

So this gets me to my point..I hate seeing people doing heavy weights and fucking so out of form. Struggling is one thing, but to struggle where you're blowing your back out for a bicep curl is retarded. When I see people do lat pulldowns, they pull all the way back JUST BECAUSE they're lifting heavier.

I love to workout, but I don't do it like an idiot.

My friends *note I'm the smallest one* I out do them on weights & strength, but it's always with good form as well.

It feels good to come this far, even though I don't look like the Roman sculpture I'm aiming for yet, but I damn sure look better than I did last year or the years before.

My soccer skills have stepped up because before I was only speed & dribble, but now I have added strength which makes me deadlier on the pitch. It's not that easy to push me of the ball anymore.
    Last edited by El Chapo; June 1st, 2011 at 03:47 PM
    [/url]

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Quote Originally Posted by Quest. View Post
    Dumbbells are free weights...

Battle Record
    64-7
    Awards Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 50+ Wins

The whole high rep low weight = toning myth is old school thinking.

I do believe, big weight equals big muscle, but ONLY when the you are going the heaviest you can without sacrificing your form.

I use drop sets to force fill my muscles with blood which results in surpassing any previous peaks you may have reached. Therefore high reps doesn't always = toning. As long as you are fatiguing your muscle, you are at the first step of tearing them down to rebuild.

But like I said, go as heavy as you can with perfect form for the quickest results. Then resort to drop sets, if they work for you like they do for me.

And I personally wouldn't do anything but legs on leg day. Same with back. But everyone's goals are different, that's just me. When I hit these muscle groups it's HARD and to the point where I wouldn't dare do anything else simply because of a possible and likely calorie deficit which would lead to a catabolic state.

Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    The whole high rep low weight = toning myth is old school thinking.

I do believe, big weight equals big muscle, but ONLY when the you are going the heaviest you can without sacrificing your form.

I use drop sets to force fill my muscles with blood which results in surpassing any previous peaks you may have reached. Therefore high reps doesn't always = toning. As long as you are fatiguing your muscle, you are at the first step of tearing them down to rebuild.

But like I said, go as heavy as you can with perfect form for the quickest results. Then resort to drop sets, if they work for you like they do for me.

And I personally wouldn't do anything but legs on leg day. Same with back. But everyone's goals are different, that's just me. When I hit these muscle groups it's HARD and to the point where I wouldn't dare do anything else simply because of a possible and likely calorie deficit which would lead to a catabolic state.
    i swear, if you weren't a creationist baby jesus fucker, we'd be brothers.

agreed, most BB'ers acknowledge that the low/high rep thing is ridiculous.
    De Kapitein