User Tag List

Page 1 of 111 1 2 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 1651

Thread: Working Out

Battle Record
    1-4

Working Out

I'm new to working out and want to get bigger as a result. I'm a pretty skinny kid but I've been told I can fill out nicely. Basically I want bigger biceps, triceps, pectorals, and forearms. I've looked up tons of workout regaments but I'm not sure if they will work out right and give me the results I'm lookin for. So do any of you follow a certain workout routine that gives the results I'm looking for? Are supplements necessary to get big quickly? Noticed a ton of my friends are starting to use creatine to get bigger or this powder called Jack3d. Thanks for the help.

My workout routine so far..

Dumbbell Bicep curls - 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Reverse Curls- 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Bench Press - 5 sets 20 reps

Dumbbell Wrist Twist - 5 sets 20 reps
    Last edited by .Prime.; March 27th, 2010 at 07:54 PM

[YOUTUBE]-0zEwdAF-gc&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Re: Working out

First actually start going to the gym then think about supplements later down the line.
    Also, don't expect results after a week.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Battle Record
    1-4

I've been to the gym and been working out for like 4 months but I've seen friends going more in depth and getting better results. Just wanna start off on the right foot. I know it takes time to develop also.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

I think you should experiment with different exercises... it's no different than a producer having to go out to find the right equipment for the sound they're trying to achieve or a musician looking for that right microphone...

Wouldn't hurt to look it up and then at least try it, if you're not happy with the results, try something else. It's all about try and error and as soon as you DO find the one that gives you the results you're looking for you can make it customary to how you want to structure this routine through out your day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

You've Earned a Custom Title! B-Nickel's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

you wanna get bigger bicepts then start creating routines too work out that muscle group at least 3 times per week, I usually go Monday, Wed, Fri and saturday and workout my Bicepts for at least an hour........but a big mistake people make today is going to the gym and only working out that certain muslce group and no others, If you wanna get big stick too splitting 2 hours between chest and your Bicepts, and what ever excerciszes your comfortable with and when your doing sets try too find a good weight where you can do 6-8 reps......Try too be inbetween there.

And as for creatine goes you can start using it now if you want, creatine is a suppliment that builds water weight, but at the same time your gonna have too change your eating appitite too. Like adding more caleries too the meals you eat daily, but make sure it isnt junk becuase it will goo all too the stomache...eat good..

A suppliment i use right now, is called ISO mass(Extreme gainer) too me its a very good suppliment, costly.... but you get what you pay for if you work your body right.

Battle Record
    78-5
    Awards 75+ Wins

One of my friends took Jacked and he said it sucks.

Don't go to Creatine yet or anything...Focus on eating right and gaining some mass that can turn into muscle. You're not gunna build anything if you have nothing to work with. Take in a lot of good calories and stay at the gym..If you do it right, you'll see results. You can also hit up a Vitamin/Supplement store in your area and see what they carry for Mass Gain or Protein. I'd recommend Pro5
    RB OG Triple OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Yeah C.A.S. is right (for once) lol

Focus on eating the right foods.. fuck supplements. They only make your body dependent on them. Do everything naturally. Start off with exercising regularly and try hitting the weights a little. Just keep in mind.. lighter weights give you tone and definition and heavy weights are just for strength (obviously). It may take longer, but it's natural and a better feeling. You'll feel more accomplished.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

You've Earned a Custom Title! B-Nickel's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

Im a licenced personall trainer soo feel free to ask anything

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Nickel View Post
    Im a licenced personall trainer soo feel free to ask anything
    LlLnig (3 weeks ago) -2 Reply | Spam
    what a faggot
    Lmao @ that comment.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    1-4

So far I have been working out with this workout routine

Dumbbel Reverse Curls- 5 sets 20 reps

I'm working on my arms more than anything cause I think that's what needs to be worked on most. Is this a good routine or are there faults in it? Been using it for 2 months some results in the bicep area, just added the forearm exercises so I have to wait and see the results. Am I overworking my arms if I do this 6 days a week? I'll re-post my workout routine on the original post.

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    So far I have been working out with this workout routine

Dumbbel Reverse Curls- 5 sets 20 reps

I'm working on my arms more than anything cause I think that's what needs to be worked on most. Is this a good routine or are there faults in it? Been using it for 2 months some results in the bicep area, just added the forearm exercises so I have to wait and see the results. Am I overworking my arms if I do this 6 days a week? I'll re-post my workout routine on the original post.
    For size gain, that's not good. The regiment you have now is more for leaning out.

More often than not high reps/low weight = lean and low reps/high weight = size.

You're looking for size, so I suggest everything that you're doing now falls in the 6-8 rep zone like someone mentioned.

You should be struggling by the 7...8th rep.

Your daily intake should consist of 20% fat, 40% carbs, 40% protein. And find the calorie calculator and try to stick to the calorie intake within 100 calories.
    [YOUTUBE]jfmiKmUlx6Q[/YOUTUBE]

I can't even stay living in the shade of all the motherfuckers that played ya...

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I always felt that people who want to get bigger, like myself, shouldn't set a set number of reps. I mean still do your say...like 3 repetitions, but just do them till you can't do anymore, no set amount.

if you wanna gain weight go to a vitamin shop and buy muscle milk.

I suggest the chocolate peanut butter flavor, but I'm sure they all taste pretty good.

Also throw push ups into your routine, when I first started working out push ups were a BIG part of my routine and after a few months I could see the size difference.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    I always felt that people who want to get bigger, like myself, shouldn't set a set number of reps. I mean still do your say...like 3 repetitions, but just do them till you can't do anymore, no set amount.
    I'm not a big guy but when I work out and do reps this is what I do.

[YOUTUBE]ZUxBQcdecuo[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Fixit View Post
    if you wanna gain weight go to a vitamin shop and buy muscle milk.

I suggest the chocolate peanut butter flavor, but I'm sure they all taste pretty good.

Also throw push ups into your routine, when I first started working out push ups were a BIG part of my routine and after a few months I could see the size difference.
    Should I vary the push up positions?
    I do incorporate them as a warm up into my routine but can only do 20 clean ones without me getting tired. I'll usually do 10 as a warm up along with running a bit in place and curling half of my regular dumbbell curl.