User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Welfare

Welfare

it undermines the strength of communities by making you dependent upon the state and not yourself and each other. In other words, it takes the incentive away from communities to fend for themselves. With the necessity to feed each other comes communication and cooperation. One could argue that it would raise crime rates, maybe at first but the benefits of working together would soon become self evident.

doesnotexist

Re: Welfare

Why you hatin'?

lol, its just a thought i've had lately. I'm having similar feelings with affirmative action. My thought is that it may drain the talent pool of minority owned businesses by providing an incentive for corp.'s to hire minorities they would of otherwise disregarded, taking a competitive edge away from the M.O. business and perpetuating a cycle.

I'm here to Destroy YOU! Galactus The Devourer's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0

My mother was a single mom supporting 3 kids. She had 3 jobs and I hardly ever fucking saw her. She didn’t take hand outs even when we were eating fucking Ramon noodles and tuna fish without mayo and the only thing to ever drink was tap water. I don’t understand how some people can just take and take and they decide to have even more kids to get more money and more taxes back each year.
    I think people on welfare should not only be required to show proof there actively looking for employment but should also be required to participate in city wide cleanup projects like picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks etc, these jobs they complete could be used as points to keep them on the program longer until they find a job.
    I am also all for people on welfare being able to attend trade/ specialty schools in fields that have high demands of trained workers. These businesses could pay a portion of the cost back to the government. Furthermore, once they do become successful they should be required to pay back a small percentage of what was given to them. That money in turn should be used to pay for drug tests on the currently active members in the welfare program

You've Earned a Custom Title! Apoca-Lips's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-1

to be honest with the amount goverments take from their citizens in taxes with not enough to show for it id say fair play to my peoples on welfare.

well thats the situation in the UK anyway. we're one of the most taxed countries in the world, and all the MPs spend our money on gettin themselves jags and shit.
    In my personal opinion, everything I listen to is real hip hop, and everything you listen to is not!
    [youtube]rcWA__UmQXA[/youtube]

"Scytsophrenia"

ehhh my momma and papi was on welfare for most my childhood, do you think they liked getting help? nah they hated it, but we would have been in the streets with out it.
    i was speaking more specifically about food stamps, and not subsidized housing.
    but would they have really been out on the streets? i guess i can only speak for modern times, but with shelters and food banks around is there really a need for welfare? These seem to handle the same problems as welfare but are not forced, they exist naturally b/c we are naturally social creatures. Not saying that these programs would cover everyone b/c they would not, but i would argue that they would be more effective than the federal government due to bureaucracy and scope. More bureaucracy means a longer chain of command and communication which means things take longer to get done and scope meaning that local organizations would have a better idea of the needs of their people than a distant, detached government.

Battle Record
    1-1

If you take the time to study economics you'll learn that their intention isn't really to help the people. It's to prevent crime because in the long run, the repair costs and housing of inmates etc. would be more costly then the measly cheques and food stamps they dish out to the unfortunate.

Okay, they're not violent, they won't go rob stores or nothin. So they starve and die, which means they need to be cleansed off the street or shack they live in and given some sort of humane burial, which will be costly as well.

Trust me son, the question you ask is nothing new. You just need to look outside the box and realize that it's not just THAT easy.

Ok let's take off welfare. There's a world of reasons why it won't ever happen.
    [YOUTUBE]jfmiKmUlx6Q[/YOUTUBE]

I can't even stay living in the shade of all the motherfuckers that played ya...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    11-9

are there people who abuse the system?....yes, there always has and always will be but there are a large number of people out there who need help. I'm completely fine with drug testing welfare recipients, because they aren't supposed to be doing drugs anyway but to say that shelters and food banks take care of the problem is fucking laughable. If you were in an unfortunate situation are you going to go down to your local shelter every night to go to sleep? Most people have families or friends they can go to in times of need. Shelters in general are for true homeless people, ones who have nothing. Food banks are a whole different story. Do you like to drink expired milk? because thats whats at a food bank. How about Govt. Peanut Butter in a two pound can with really hard close to moldy bread? or the non salted stale crackers they give you.

Now take the average blue collar family. Lets say dad loses his job and moms a waitress and there are 3 or 4 kids in the family. Are you gonna feed your children nasty ass expired food or are you going to swallow your pride and get that free $300-600 in food money that frees up your actual cash to pay other things like the mortgage/rent/car loans/credit cards ect...

and you know whats real funny?...its not as easy as one would think to get on welfare/food stamps. I remember when i was a kid, my dad was a fisherman in Florida and a brickmason in the offseason. Well some shit happened where his boat that he had worked on wasnt going out and he couldnt find brick work anywhere and my mom and dad went to seek out help and were denied at every corner, my parents had to buy food stamps with the little cash they had, it works like this..........50 cash will get you 100 in food stamps, double is the norm when selling food stamps. I have strong opinions when it comes to things like this, i dont go google info so i know what im talking about either, im just giving to you all what ive experienced first hand.
    Coronavirus can't get me.

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

It shouldn't be abolished altogether...I mean, in a perfect world, it would be...

But the world ain't perfect.

But it DAMN SURE SHOULDN'T become a lifestyle. You get welfare for 6 weeks, 8 weeks...maybe up to 6 months or a year...
    But BOTTOM LINE, FUCK YOU...when it runs out. No extensions, no renewals...
    Find a fuckin job that supports your life.
    If you can't. Well...sorry. Flat out...nothing more we can do. You had whatever amount of time given, you were supported, paid for financially...that's it. Help's over. Good bye.

The Plague From Below Tw0Bel0wZer0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born To Kill View Post
    It shouldn't be abolished altogether...I mean, in a perfect world, it would be...

But it DAMN SURE SHOULDN'T become a lifestyle. You get welfare for 6 weeks, 8 weeks...maybe up to 6 months or a year...
    If you can't. Well...sorry. Flat out...nothing more we can do. You had whatever amount of time given, you were supported, paid for financially...that's it. Help's over. Good bye.
    ^^Im On The Same Page As You Man.I Think That People Who Lose Their Jobs Should Be Given Some Help But As You Said It Should Be For A Certain Amount Of Time.I Mean You Can Always Go Work In Fast Food Or Some Odd Job.People Can Swallow Their Pride And Get Gov Money But Cant Swallow Their Pride And Find A Job That They Wouldnt See As "Acceptable".

And Im Not Saying All People Abuse The Welfare System.There Are Single Parents Who Work Hard As Fuck But Cant Make Ends Meet And Should Be Given Help But Again Only For A Certain Time.It Would Eliminate Alot Of People Who Milk The System Because Either Theyre To Lazy To Work Or Dont Want To Do A Certain Job.

I Mean My Dad Worked Every Odd Job You Could Think Of.He Worked In Chicken Plants/Cleaning Houses/Working In Fast Food.There Need To Be Alot More People In The World Like That Who Try Hard And Do Everything They Can Before They Rely On Free Money.

Battle Record
    7-1

don't get me started..

the system does not help hard working citizens..period..

my sister works for the county and she get's pissed when a family of four who legitimately needs help, get's turned down for what ever reason and stupid stipulation, but in comes an illegal chick with six kids and she automatically get's all kinds of help..

it's fucking retarded as all hell

The Plague From Below Tw0Bel0wZer0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXL View Post
    don't get me started..

the system does not help hard working citizens..period..

my sister works for the county and she get's pissed when a family of four who legitimately needs help, get's turned down for what ever reason and stupid stipulation, but in comes an illegal chick with six kids and she automatically get's all kinds of help..

it's fucking retarded as all hell
    ^^Agreed.Theres People Who Really Deserve The Help That Dont Get It.And People Who Dont Even Try To Get A Job And Get On There.Its Bullshit.

You've Earned a Custom Title! callabo's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

to the thread creater

WELFARE: the thing is that there are tons of people that abuse it and there is tons who need it.some people really need help, you think if you walk up to the nearest shelter if you have no where to live your gonna find room....lol.ok. your gonna get told to come check back later because the're full, at least they always are where i live. me and my fam have never had shit our whole live, and we never blame anyone or expect to be saved or shit like that, we just work hard at tryin to stay on our feet.me, my mom, and dad have all sorts of health issues, my dad has a 3rd grade reading level cuz he got into drugs and drinkin at an early age, and dropped out of school to run the streets.he became a truck driver cuz that was all he knew was how to drive. he hurt his back at work at a young age, 2 cracked deteriated discs in his lower back. he has since had surgery on, which he still has back pain all the time. my mom has a heart disese(left main corinary disese).she has had 3 angeo-plasties(they shove a baloon up your clogged artery and blow it up so it un-cloggs). She has had a double bi-pass(self explanitory)after heart attack.now just a couple years ago she was diagnosed with diabetes.but shes been in depression for so long that she doesn't always take her meds. my dad is now 54 and my mom is 53. I'm gonna be 27 in april and I've been working for ups and a liqour store since 2002. in 2004 i hurt my back at ups, was out for a few days and then went back. well i've always had back pain since and in december of 08 i woke up and couldn't get out of bed, went to the doc and he said he thinks i strained some muscles in my back and they are inflamed.also that month, our house got forclosed cuz my mom got screwed on her taxes by her job and we had to try and pay all of that back and in doing so we lost our house because we couldn't afford it. anyway at that time i was getting my weight back up so i can ruturn to work. well i was on the way back to our house from work the last day before we moved and a taxi driver cut out in front of me and i totaled my truck. i went to the doctor cuz my back was horrible again, i had an MRI and found out i've had the same two problems, with the same two discs, that my dad has in his back.my doctor said in a timeline they were probably cracked about 2004. ups wont pay me cause i got in a car accident, and the car insurance doesn't want to pay(even though they take 100% blame) because i was allready out of work and they don't feel responsible.i've been out of work over a year now so ups cut my medical off, so i ask you if i need surgery(i hope not) or anything else, how am i supposed to pay for it. we have got food stamps for about 5 months a few years ago. and i personally can tell you that i felt horrible that i have to accept help but you know what, sometimes you need to suck it up hold your pride back and do it. so don't think that welfare or any gov assistance is just a whole bunch of free money givin away to a bunch of scammers. maybe you havn't had some really bad times but a lot of people have.

Banned
    Battle Record
    7-2

It's a government program.

These things = errors.

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by fo'trill View Post
    it undermines the strength of communities by making you dependent upon the state and not yourself and each other. In other words, it takes the incentive away from communities to fend for themselves. With the necessity to feed each other comes communication and cooperation. One could argue that it would raise crime rates, maybe at first but the benefits of working together would soon become self evident.

You could easily make the same points about foreign aid. Government aid is illegal and counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Born To Kill View Post

Winnar.