User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Methods to Madness

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Methods to Madness

Methods to Madness
    By: Cry

Coronary artery bypass surgery, is a surgical procedure performed to relieve angina and reduce the risk of death from coronary artery disease. This surgery is usually performed with the heart stopped

Doctor: "I am now proceeding with a new method that I myself have chosen.. I will attempt to operate on this patient with the usage of a Neuromuscular-blocking drug that will in turn, cause the patient to be paralytic... his heart will still be beating and the patient will be completely aware of what is happening, while lacking the ability to move or interfere"

moments later...

The Bleeding --
    it won't stop, 'cause there's no clots at the edge of a scalpel
    you speak out of turn, and the razor gets you a mouthful
    which is fixed to arousal while I proceed with the pain...
    so try to dream it away while each cut looks as deep as it's made
    and I don't know what it is... I'm just at ease with a blade
    in my head all I can see is how a piece can be flayed
    increasingly stained, in a precarious state
    I hack at all the wrong parts and get carried away
    arms like swiss cheese; and bearing the taste
    of a needle's bad aim where no repairs can be made
    among various waste.. I tend to get a bit excited
    intestines clamber out and I can't fix the rips inside him
    so my fingertips confide them.. with reassuring clenches
    deeper, more rugged; that's what reoccuring depth is
    teeth grinding 'til he's headless, the hurt must be immense
    now open heart surgery's the unearthing of his pecks
    gasping words he can't express, not fond of his attention
    a patient cry for help -- but wants me gone within a second...

Blood dripping from the drill... clothes covered even more
    my mind falls back to sanity and goes underneath the floor
    scrubs covering the doors, the room's no longer empty
    the whole surgery's complete, I'm what the other doctor's envy
    and lookin' up, the clock's suggesting that it's half past eight
    but for each gruesome memory... I can backtrack days
    I can't relax, facts race, each thought is so precise...
    can't imagine what just happened, hypnotics won't suffice
    no hymnodical device.. he should be spewing up the ground
    but he's there with perfect stitching, chest moving up and down
    a cooing, touch of sound, my eyes persist to doubt
    air coming from his lungs... when I'd just ripped them out..

Doctor: "Ehm... uh, and that, gentlemen... is how the procedure is done. It was a um..." *cough* "Excuse me! It was a, umm... simple task, and if you'd like to know more about the methods, then just get your own copy of the recording and observe it from my point of view. Thank you."

Later that night... the doctor is home in his chair,
    still without memory, and losing his mind.

"There is more madness to my method, than method to my madness."
    - Salvador Dali

Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion
    Last edited by Cody Nash; March 3rd, 2010 at 08:47 AM

You've Earned a Custom Title! Raw Talent's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-9

Re: Methods to Madness

no links, closed.

Battle Record
    242-30

now you just look stupid

Solid drop - from a technical standing as a wordsmith I ain't got a lot to work with in terms of critique for your ass

thought it was funny how you tried to scheme my drop - you shouldn't, but this shit's ABAB with little exception - composed with a broad vocab and a pretty seamless multi scheme to finish the lines and the odd internal bucking the trend for good measure...can't hate on that.

As far as the premise and the story, i wasn't fucking with it personally, but your ability in relaying it to the reader was nice also - can't say I'm a huge fan of you breaking it up with the picture of doctor's diction or even the sentiment and the end, but I'll guess that's your shit, what you tryna do.

To me the first verse pissed on the second in every level, but overall this was a strong piece.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...791/index.html < yeah I know I got nerve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    242-30

badump.

Soule

For any retards that don't understand this piece. I liked the concept a lot Aaron, very original and fresh. I like how the doctor imagined himself ripping apart his 'victims' when in actuality he was performing surgery on a patient. Very creative stuff there dude. I thought you could've done it more Topically, instead of all the quotes and short story shit you added. Would've enjoyed it a little more if you somehow managed that knowledge into topical form. But it's not that big of a deal, just a personal preference. The wording was pretty cool, enjoyed the second stanza the most. It just flowed better in my opinion. Cool read, keep it up man.

yeah.. this was pretty twisted.. sounds like this doc is one sic bastarad.. you really got into on the visual aspects.. to imagine all that shit happening to you while your awake is cringe worthy.. I read a stephen king short once about a man in a morgue who had been paralyzed by a snake bite.. he was presumed dead and they were about to cut him open.. He was still aware of everything goin on but he could do nothing to stop them.. this reminded me of that.. dope piece

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    -

[youtube]CTMuvPxRWW4[/youtube]
    ^New Track - Your Dues
    Hence/Scytso
    HoF x 8

Battle Record
    1-4

Yo i started to feed this yesterday but my phone died anyhow this was like a video via text. Ur skill is apparent and u seem to be an expert on the subject my guess is ur a med student or got a loved onewith the condition. Respect either way. Would appreciate ur feed on my drop "tip of the iceberg" as u are the most active mod up in here. Good shit regardless. Peace
    Young Gunz Baseball
    Est. 2010

Battle Record
    8-3

ahahaha this was sick! honestly one of the most original topics/take on a concept ive seen in awhile. cool shit. flow was on point, might as well nitpick since thats what i always do
    Blood dripping from the drill... clothes covered even more
    my mind falls back to sanity and goes underneath the floor
    ^^ seemed odd to me. i got the covered/under rhyme but the extra syllable (neath) stretched it to me. only thing i can really criticize technical-wise since everything else was, well, perfect/solid, so i might as well do it

. the imagery in the first part was solid as hell.
    I hack at all the wrong parts and get carried away
    arms like swiss cheese; and bearing the taste
    ^^ swiss cheese was dope, lol.. good shit. the latter stanza was cool too. you displayed his confusion well, especially with the final line, kind of a cliffhanger to his thoughts. a lot of people wouldve stretched out this stanza, trying to display his emotion more, but you cut it perfectly short, just enough to give the reader a sense of the doc's wonder/confusion. so i loved the ending, butttt the part i didnt like that much was when the doctor said "observe frommy point of view" i wouldve liked it if you just said observe the tape. but thats very trivial and one person's opinion, and its probably an unshared one. lol just a personal preference. dope shit. word to the originality and the flow. top-notch, and the concept was great, especially since it can be compared to LOTS of things on a grander scale, or relate to individuals who do something and they just.. dont know how it happened.. good shit ill nom it prob

Battle Record
    242-30

haha, thanks ya'll.. happy to provide.

this was dope..flow, and vocab was nice..topic was good too..you stayed on topic all the way, and the emotion was there...the rhyme scheme was good, and seems like your pretty anatomically educated..idk if thats even a word ahaha, but it sounds right...

but yeah, this is deff a deep, dark, twisted written...im tryin to write some shit thats dark and twisted too, but i can only think of shit like this when im all fucked up in the head...but imma prolly drop some shit later this week or so...

9.5/10

oh loved that picture you used man..shit was dope as fuck...

I'm here to Destroy YOU! Galactus The Devourer's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0

"so try to dream it away while each cut looks as deep as it's made
    and I don't know what it is... I'm just at ease with a blade"
    my favorite lines, like its meant for some battle type shit, but it worked perfectly for the verse.

I really enjoyed this, I cant really critique might be because its slightly above my level. Hope you check out and feed on a couple of my drops.. thanks pz

Battle Record
    1-2

Shit that was vivid! Flow awesome. And multis were precise. some times they were less than excellent but then I'd be struck with a stunner. Such as:

'among various waste.. I tend to get a bit excited
    intestines clamber out and I can't fix the rips inside him'

Why I liked this?Aside form the graphic words and mostly smooth, I felt you attempted a 7 syllable multi. tend-can't[1]/to get-fix[1]/a bit-the ripps[2ish]/excited-inside him[+3]. Or maybe I'm wrong. My only advice. GO out into the sun and stay away from melancholy. It may help produce creative art but itsnot healthy dude. Kick a ball or swim.

Antithesis was your preference and it was used nicley.

'which is fixed to arousal while I proceed with the pain'
    'gasping words he can't express, not fond of his attention
    a patient cry for help -- but wants me gone within a second...'

I suppose your not big on metaphors. Only real critism however is in joining your bars. NO doubt its difficult to join tight multies to really vivid new lines. But there has to be a compromise. And the plot had me unsure. I was thinking he new what he was doing. Then I thought he wsa just trying to butcher. Then he was deranged out of his conciousness. And then the patient was stitched up and alive. I suppose twists only add value to the content. Not my genre but I think its still a high score post.
    9.2/10 cant see why it wouldnt be a nom..
    Notarized Artistry

1xOM HoF

This was beyond dope man. You told a sick ass story while at the same time maintaining a buttery flow. Love it. 10/10