Page 52 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2 42 51 52 53 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Showing results 766 to 780 of 3449

Thread: RB Fantasy Baseball Chat

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: RB Fantasy Baseball Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chrit. View Post
    wtf @ soria not being an elite closer?

Ive never seen him outside the top five of anyone's rankings.

And well... obviously McCann is a top 3 catcher.

Bax wants Young... he could have had Harden... but obviously he sees more value in Young.

I have no issue with someone not liking a trade as long as they explain it. If enough people give valid reasons, that's fine. . . but I doubt that will happen. Though, I acknowledge i'm getting the short end of the stick trading a late 1st/early 2nd round talent for a 3rd a 9th and a sleeper.

Mofos sleeping on Chris Young. . . only reason I didn't pick him up on waivers before is because I didn't think anyone knew about him.
    Last edited by Baxter D. Wall; April 8th, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Battle Record
    32-11

i dont know enough about the players n shit to see any reason to veto the trade. looks fine to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Yea I'm not too big on this deal either.

An obvious top 15-20 overall player for Mcann and Soria is a little hard to justify. You have Howard AND Cabs, which more than makes up for the absence of a decent catcher. I understand you're light in pitching, closers specifically, but still you shouldn't give away a top 15-20 for 2 guys who are barely breaking top 50, if that even.

It's still early enough that theres plenty of good pitching on waivers. RP is harder to find obviously but if you were that concerned about it you'd probably already have grabbed Capps.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

this all just baffles me...

if someone offers me two top tier players in their respective position, Ill trade my first or second rounder in a heartbeat.
    AI

Battle Record
    14-2

A top tier catcher won't give you NEARLY enough value as a top tier 1b is. That's retarded cuz unless your name is Joe Mauer, no catcher will do what the top tier 1B's will do.

And Mindless, Howard is a top 10 player. Not 15-20. That nigga 50 HR potential and there aren't many guys in the MLB that will do that.

And Soria isn't an elite closer to me. That's my opinion and my rankings. That's what I'm giving and even if he was an 'elite' closer to me, still... Soria and McCann isn't enough to land a first baseman who is in my opinion, tied for 2nd on 1B rankings with Mark Texiera.
    Wigga Nigga Mafia

Battle Record
    30-12

Well, this trade isn't going to go through. Literally everyone is against it aside from Rule and he openly admits he doesn't know what's going on, lol.

If you would've just given me Vazquez or Johan for Correia on top we'd be fine but noooooooooooooooooooo you're so worried about having good pitchers that you forgot how to love. Forgot how to love people with stupid Portugese last names. Smh.
    Last edited by Baxter D. Wall; April 9th, 2010 at 03:03 AM

Battle Record
    30-12

Oh. . . and before I forget. .

boom

17,000 posts in 7 years. Thats 2,428 per year, 202 a month, 6.74 a day. I've posted on RB once every 3 hours and a half hours for 7 years. What a waste of effin time. I blame rap music.

http://rockies.mlb.com/news/article....=.jsp&c_id=col

Troy Tulowitzki, Rockies:
    The proof is very much in the yearly results for Tulo and the Rockies. He absolutely exploded onto the scene in 2007, finishing just two points behind Braun for Rookie of the Year honors, and the Rockies rode the wave to the World Series. Tulowitzki went on the disabled list twice in 2008, missing much of the first half of the season, and both he and the Rockies took a statistical dive. Tulo gets back up with 32 homers, 92 RBIs and 101 runs scored, finishing fifth in MVP voting, and the Rockies are back in the playoffs in 2009. Coincidence? Hardly. The Rockies need Tulo, period.
    Last edited by Baxter D. Wall; April 9th, 2010 at 07:58 AM

Battle Record
    14-2

It's just, catcher and RP is the two least valued positions. I don't think them two should give you a player of Howard's caliber unless your name is Mauer or Victor (because of his versatility) or Rivera or Papelbon.
    Wigga Nigga Mafia

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

actually RP is pretty valuable
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    14-2

Not to me at all. It gives you one stat. Saves. If I could be elite in every batting category just to sacrifice one pitching stat, then yeah... I would in a heart beat. RP's don't give you anything except a save one every 3 or 4 games and an 4 IP's a week.

Least valuable position.
    Wigga Nigga Mafia

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Josh M. View Post
    Not to me at all. It gives you one stat. Saves. If I could be elite in every batting category just to sacrifice one pitching stat, then yeah... I would in a heart beat. RP's don't give you anything except a save one every 3 or 4 games and an 4 IP's a week.

Least valuable position.
    You are completely screwed in this league then.

Good closers give you a big boost in ERA and WHIP with crazy K numbers if you factor in their K/9 innings.

Closers are far more valuable than you are giving them credit for.
    Look at me this week. My closers are pretty well carrying me to a win thus far.
    AI

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

vetoed then

and no...Catcher is not one of the least valuable positions...that's like saying SS is least valuable...just because it's scarce in dope players makes it more valuable and more of a need to acquire those dope players so you can consistently produce from such positions

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chrit. View Post
    You are completely screwed in this league then.

Good closers give you a big boost in ERA and WHIP with crazy K numbers if you factor in their K/9 innings.

Closers are far more valuable than you are giving them credit for.
    Look at me this week. My closers are pretty well carrying me to a win thus far.
    Word. RP help balance out a SP who has a bad night. AND if they're used in tie situations or something else then can get a win instead. So they're plenty valuable.

I think Josh has his supply/demand backwards. With C and RP being some of the most scarce positions, that makes them MORE valuable.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    11-9

im confused,im baked though.....is that how the correct spelling of though is i usually just type tho
    Coronavirus can't get me.

Battle Record
    11-9

im confused,im baked though.....is that how the correct spelling of though is i usually just type tho
    Coronavirus can't get me.