Thread: RB Fantasy Baseball Chat

Battle Record
    14-2

Re: RB Fantasy Baseball Chat/Signups

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter D. Wall View Post

u shut ur dirty mouth
    Wtf is Tulowitzki doing in the top 10?!
    Wigga Nigga Mafia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Hanley/Rollins/Reyes > Tulo
    AI

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Scutaro>Tulo
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    30-12

Ok now I know you guys are either 1. crazy or 2. talking about fantasy

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    Scutaro>Tulo
    wrong
    AI

Battle Record
    14-2

Jeter > Tulo.
    Wigga Nigga Mafia

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Let me clarify. Scutaro hitting @ Coors field > Tulo in Fenway. A bunch of people look better than they are in COL. It's a hitters park and always has been, just like the new Yankee Stadium.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    30-12

Tulo can go through a long and hard batting slump. I'm not going to dispute that. However, he still puts up good batting numbers, especially for a SS. Most fantasy sites have him projected as a top 5 SS in terms of offensive production this year. He was a top 5 SS last year, too.

Not to mention the fact that he was absolutely robbed of the Golden Glove in 2007 as a rookie, (he had better defensive stats nearly across the board over JR) he finished 2 votes behind Braun in ROTY and when he came into the league in 2007, the Rockies have had the best fielding percentage in baseball and in 07 had the best fielding percentage ever. You have to factor in that he missed 60 games the year before last when looking at his stats, too. I'll give you that fact that Coors is a hitters park. . . always has been, always will be. But look at it subjectively. . . you've got a SS who bats .290, hits 20 home runs a year, gets 95+ RBI's a year, AND is on a bad day a top 5 defensive short stop.

I'm not saying he's the best SS in baseball. . .but he's top 3.

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

I'll give you top 5. He's still a young guy and I think the Yahoo projections are more based on them expecting this to be a breakout year for him if he stays healthy. He's definitely been good but the way I see it is that he has one of the most favorable situations in COL.. hitters park, and lets be honest, SD, AZ, and SF (minus Tim and Cain) which he faces regularly, aren't exactly high quality pitching teams.

He's kind of like the Evan Longoria of Short Stop I guess. So We'll see if the hype sticks. All i know is I'm not using a first round pick on him.

I hope COL does well this year as a team though. They're one of only like 4 NL teams I like and can tolerate.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

of course Tulo is top 5...but his Yahoo projection is beyond retarded imo...I'd much rather own Reyes or Rollins over Tulo...but that's just me....Baxter will probably be the one that gets Tulo in the draft unless someone ends up autopicking him

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
    I'll give you top 5. He's still a young guy and I think the Yahoo projections are more based on them expecting this to be a breakout year for him if he stays healthy. He's definitely been good but the way I see it is that he has one of the most favorable situations in COL.. hitters park, and lets be honest, SD, AZ, and SF (minus Tim and Cain) which he faces regularly, aren't exactly high quality pitching teams.

He's kind of like the Evan Longoria of Short Stop I guess. So We'll see if the hype sticks. All i know is I'm not using a first round pick on him.

I hope COL does well this year as a team though. They're one of only like 4 NL teams I like and can tolerate.

Yeah, you're right. SF only has Lincecum, Cain and Zito leading off their rotation. Some scrub Cy Young winners and a 15 win pitcher? Man they suck. You could argue the Giants have the best pitching staff in baseball.

Plus, Tulo hit .230 against Arizona and under .200 against L.A. It's not like he's going Julius Peppers against bad pitching and not showing up against decent pitching.

Regardless, i'd be interested in seeing the 4 short stops that you say are clearly better overall players. If you say Scutaro, someone who Tulo is significantly better than defensively and has better stats by a wide margin nearly across the board offensively imma just laugh at you.

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Josh M. View Post
    Jeter > Tulo.

5 years ago ><

Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter D. Wall View Post
    Yeah, you're right. SF only has Lincecum, Cain and Zito leading off their rotation. Some scrub Cy Young winners and a 15 win pitcher? Man they suck. You could argue the Giants have the best pitching staff in baseball.

Plus, Tulo hit .230 against Arizona and under .200 against L.A. It's not like he's going Julius Peppers against bad pitching and not showing up against decent pitching.

Regardless, i'd be interested in seeing the 4 short stops that you say are clearly better overall players. If you say Scutaro, someone who Tulo is significantly better than defensively and has better stats by a wide margin nearly across the board offensively imma just laugh at you.
    SF best pitching staff in Baseball?! Thats laughable. Sox and Yanks are easy candidates. Philly too, maybe Seattle now but nah, not SF. Just because they have a Cy young winner doesn't auto make them best pitching STAFF. No ones saying the Royals have the best pitching just cause of Zack attack lol.

Like I said, top 5. But I woudln't be surprised to see some other 5-10 guys end up posting better stats by the end of the season. If I'm wrong, then hey you got a potential MVP on your team. If you end of drafting him that is.
    A ruthless
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    30-12

I'm not talking about fantasy, guy. I'm talking about overall real life SS.

And the Giants had 3 Cy Young winners in their rotation last year, an All-Star in Matt Cain and a solid Sanchez.

Lincecum is the best pitcher in baseball, Cain is as good as any #2, (he's an Ace in and of himself) Zito is coming back strong, Sanchez will take yet another step, and I know you've heard about Bumgarner seeing as he's widely heralded as the "next great pitcher."

That's pretty damn good. I get a change to see these guys in person 3 or 4 times a year, I at least relatively know what i'm talking about

Battle Record
    14-2

Would you guys like doing the draft on here or on yahoo? If we do it on here, the draft would prolly take a couple weeks, but we could trade picks... like trade down or trade up if someone is there that you want. there will be a time limit on each pick and if you fail to show, smoka will auto pick for you from yahoo's BPA. After you pick your player, Smoka will add that person to your roster on yahoo.

I'm doing this on a football forum I post on and it's pretty fun. Of course, it's hard to run and would take some time. We're on our tenth day and in the 13th round out of 22. We'd have a draft thread (ONLY for draft picks) and trade negotiations go in here.

What you guys think? I already talked to smoka about it.
    Wigga Nigga Mafia