Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 151

Thread: Who needs mixing and mastering?

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Who needs mixing and mastering?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    We're not talking about mixing a beat you downloaded to rap on. We're talking about mixing a beat that you made lol

But now that you mention it, I usually use some automated eq on a mixed down beat to make room for the vocals. Mixing vocals into a mixed down beat is so shitty tho. I hate it. They're typically already compressed to death leaving no room for anything.
    Oh ok, I'm just using a beat I downloaded off of soundclick. So I would just mix my vocals, and thats it, nothing added to the beat at all correct?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-6

eq the beat to make room for your vocals, take off some at certain frequencies so your vocals come out more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-6

but back to me, lol some one better hurry up and get another joint mixed!

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

lol I got you, actaully Jay if you can wait till sunday I'll have something for you to mix if you want.

Battle Record
    3-6

lol aight but keep in mind i'm only doing 10 songs.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

lol you've done 3-4 so far on here? I doubt anyone will have more. But I'm almost like 95 percent sure you'll have something from me to mix by the weekened.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Maybe you should post this in emcee hookups or market your services directly to artists.

Battle Record
    12-18

so you don't have a standard price?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Most engineers don't.

Get Familiar

yo jay, woudl u be able to clean up the mix on a track i already did and mixed myself....i still got the session with all the vocal tracks, just didn't like how the mix came out
    Real life experiences told through music

Download/Stream my latest project, 1Life EP @

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    Most engineers don't.
    so true i've seen engineers raise their price just because they don't want to mix a crappy tune

and dude thats mixing stuff i'll print stems for you and email to you i want to see what your mix is going to sound like but this is my mix of the song i want you to do

[SOUNDCLICK]8395665[/SOUNDCLICK]
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    3-6

lol i'm down as fuck to do that one! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

upload the session asap.

and if you fucked up a mix but still have the session i could do some good shit to it if you didnt do anything perminant so upload it and i'll let u know.

Battle Record
    3-6

and word opey, good lookin.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Valle View Post
    lol i'm down as fuck to do that one! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

upload the session asap.

and if you fucked up a mix but still have the session i could do some good shit to it if you didnt do anything perminant so upload it and i'll let u know.
    i have the entire session un-altered i always save a copy of the session raw before i even touch it most of the stuff i did was done on an SSL and outboard gear so what you just heard is the main outputs of the console.

so yea im new to putting sessions up on the net im assuming i have to put it on some file sharing site?
    Last edited by Extinctor Draconis; February 4th, 2010 at 06:54 PM
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    12-18

I have a session you could fuck with, but there is a few perminent things to it, but it's still unmixed and shit... I'd like to see what you could do with it... lemme know I'll host it up..