Thread: Who needs mixing and mastering?

Battle Record
    3-6

Re: Who needs mixing and mastering?

to Angel

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7388818890a0c603/

Get it.!

Original was terrible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-6

any progress on the thing i sent u? its ph0enix btw

Banned
    Battle Record
    26-27
    Awards 25+ Wins

thought u said ud post it soon...lol

Banned
    Battle Record
    26-27
    Awards 25+ Wins

any progress? dude

Get Familiar

this guy is ghost
    Real life experiences told through music

Download/Stream my latest project, 1Life EP @

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

If anyone wants professional mixing in a timely manner for a reasonable price then hit me up. You get what you pay for.

Battle Record
    12-18

For those interested you can hit Valle up on his twitter or myspace about mixing & mastering.. I've paid him to do several things for me that way since the last time he was 'active' here

& Opie, Jay charges me 30 dollars for a mix and master.. 40 if its only just 1 song, I already know your skill Opie it's just a matter of knowing your prices or an idea of your prices.. when we talked before you said 25 an hour, all I know is Jay spends around 45 minutes to an hour per mix / master & it comes out pretty ill

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

He's charging $40 for 45 minutes. I'm charging $25 per hour. I told you 4-5 hours for a professional commercial ready mix. If you want a 1-2 hour mix I can do that too lol. That's called demo quality.

And no offense but he can't mix like me. He lacks the knowledge, experience, equipment, and facilities. And he charges more than me.

But it was your choice to make so whatever. He's decent at what he does.

Battle Record
    7-1

I think a lot of people on here need to realize that they don't need to get a lot of their tracks mastered quite yet, they really just need that demo mix. Unless they just enjoy listening back to their songs, if they don't have a game plan for making the song profitable, they are just putting food on the master mixers table, stick with the quality mixes.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Well he's not actually mastering anything.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I don't know why people be paying to get their stuff mixed and mastered etc. Seems pointless unless your going to sell your music.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Cus they're not engineers and they don't want their hard work to sound like crap.

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    I don't know why people be paying to get their stuff mixed and mastered etc. Seems pointless unless your going to sell your music.
    A good mix helps even for when you're giving away music, especially if you don't know how and struggle to learn. If you're passing out music to gain an audience, it at least need to have some quality to present it and get a buzz.

And like Opey said, homie isn't mastering y'all shit, he's just doing a mix on it, I could tell that by reading the thread and not even listening to it. That kinda raises eyebrows to people who know what they're doing when someone says they'll mix and master, but obviously don't have the gear to master, or know how, or both.

But paying for a nice mix is fine, price will vary from person to person, and that may not even have anything to do with skill, may involve credentials, so check out the mixer before you just shell out money, I can only think of a few people on this board that actually would be mixing in a studio besides myself opey, and troy murray. Other than that, most of these guys have home built studios, which is fine, but then you get into the tech aspects of if their room is treated and the gear they have afforded themselves and such.

Leave me alone

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Meh, I'd still rather do it myself. Either learn or pay someone to do it. I'd rather try and learn to the best of my ability, if I can't, then I'll pay someone.

Yeah u should alltry to learn how to mix... Infact that is (not really but...) real difference between producer and just beatmaker. Im not saying its eazey but everybody can learn to mix. Mastering is another story, u can learn it but without equipment and real mastering room u can't really do it... But on the other hand if its just for demo why would u spend money on that? Rather save an buy some nice recording equipment