User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Topical's Helping Hand.

Soule

Re: Topical's Helping Hand.

This thread is ONLY for those who want help with their writing. So if you don't want help, do not post in here please.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by FrEsH-S View Post
    Yeah, I don't give a shit. I'm still getting my message across aren't I?...You can't just comment on how I write...Comment on my rhymes...Comment on what I should be saying in what I'm trying to say...Comment on which words would be better instead...Comment on my flow (flow = use of rhyme to carry on rapping about a specific subject). Let me tell you...I'm not gonna spit, how I write it to you. I'm just gonna spit these lyrics. That's all. When I say these lyrics...On a beat and people listen...They aren't gonna give two shits about how I wrote it...Because they can't see it.
    then don't post them here... spit them on a beat and post the track in the "RAP SONGS" forum... there's different sections all over the website, you just need to find the one you fit into.

if you want to write lyrics and not spit them on a track, you need to create a rhymescheme... and a rhymescheme ALSO helps you with your flow. it keeps the syllable count even and makes each line connect with the next perfectly on a beat... unless of course you've adapted a different delivery to cheat that system and still make it sound good...

rapping has mechanics to it whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

there's multi-syllable rhymeschemes, there's basic one syllable rhymeschemes... the structure of a piece brings all the words together in a way that, when read aloud, just SOUNDS good to the reader.

we're not in your head, we didn't write your piece, so we can't deliver the piece in our heads or outloud in the same way you meant for it to be delivered if your structure is ass and your syllable counts are off... you have to lay it all out in a way that's again, PLEASING TO THE EYE...

fuck man, you wanted help and you're getting all touchy. how do you expect to learn if you don't feel like listening in the first place??? like I said, all of your favorite rappers MOST LIKELY use a rhymescheme and basic written structure... Jay-Z, Royce, Eminem, Tupac, Biggie... I bet you Gucci Mane's retarded ass even knows how to use a scheme and structure when he writes...

it helps... it's just simple fact.

Battle Record
    0-2

Ok, I wasn't aware of the different sections mate...I'm sorry, I've only joined today. Can you tell me where I can find these different sections? Now that I know what this section has to offer...I'll stick to it. See I'm only used to writing rap and then spitting it...Not writing it to others and expecting them to figure out how to say it. I'm sorry, I'm inexperienced in this area...Where I have to sort my writing's into an order of understanding. By the way, in the RAP SONG section...Do they help you how to spit? (like in terms of voice, wording, vocals, hitting syllables on the beat etc.) or do they just listen and comment?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You write some real shit, you get her. Do something...

Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Figurin' out, a unique rap style,
    While, I'm judged by the people, Via court trial,
    they say, 'You're just a child',
    I go home, Pile of used paper in my drawer file,
    Scrapped up, now, next try I'll,
    Remember to learn, from my mistake, Burn,

^^take this for example.. I sort've tried to break it down in a different structure... you have a similar style, but much more basic, to a guy who's been writing on here a long time, Baron P. Mortuus... the placement of your rhymes and everything all rely on pauses and breaks...

you use comma's to the excess and when you read something with a shit-ton of commas or periods... you expect a pause in the rap.. so I'm assuming you're meaning for this to be spit over a slow paced beat.. and I'm also going to assume that you're only experimenting and that this isn't your TRUE style here... right?

if it is your actual style and this is how you write though... then I'd suggest working on your wording and the way you deliver lines... less pauses = smoother and easier flow.. you're also using one syllable rhymes because "court" and "rap" don't rhyme.. only "style" and "trial" do... you actually have a decent use of INTERNAL rhymes (which are the rhymes inside the lines rather than at the end of them)... but, if worded right...

THIS:

Figurin' out, a unique rap style,
    While, I'm judged by the people, Via court trial,
    they say, 'You're just a child',
    I go home, Pile of used paper in my drawer file,

COULD BE:

While I'm figurin' out a unique rap style,
    I'm judged by the court, but I feel past trials...
    in denile, these people say I'm just a child,
    so I go home, and I file papers up in piles...

^^do you see how multi-syllable rhymes and rewording made this SOUND better when spoken aloud? I took what you were saying and made the broken phrases into complete ones.. like, would you say "pile of used paper in my drawer file" in a conversation?? no, because it'd sound like you speak broken english... the way the words are organized wouldn't sound like proper english... and there IS a difference between slang and broken english... because slang actually can make sense... broken english just sounds like you're spitting and learning the language at the same time. and I wouldn't necessarily say that section I quoted/changed there has THAT much broken english, but lots of places in your little rap did.

well.. hope that helps you a little more.

Soule

Damn, you must be really bored.

Battle Record
    242-30

Quote Originally Posted by FrEsH-S View Post
    Ok, I wasn't aware of the different sections mate...I'm sorry, I've only joined today. Can you tell me where I can find these different sections? Now that I know what this section has to offer...I'll stick to it. See I'm only used to writing rap and then spitting it...Not writing it to others and expecting them to figure out how to say it. I'm sorry, I'm inexperienced in this area...Where I have to sort my writing's into an order of understanding. By the way, in the RAP SONG section...Do they help you how to spit? (like in terms of voice, wording, vocals, hitting syllables on the beat etc.) or do they just listen and comment?
    in the Rap Song forum they only allow you to post TRACKS.. so you can't post your lyrics by themselves unless you have a song to go with them... NOT JUST A BEAT... but an entire recorded track..

in Poetic Scriptures, you spit poetry... which is basically a more elegantly written, and less bounded version of rap.

in Front Lines, you battle with other peeps...

in Open Mic, you drop lyrics to raps/topical pieces... create your own tracks without DROPPING the actual tracks... BUT, in Open Mic they also expect an easy to read structure as I told you here...

and then there's the Cypher forum where you can just drop what is instructed in each thread with no fuss or fight.. you don't get any feedback there because it's just freestyles and keystyles... but it's good to help you exercise your abilities.

Battle Record
    242-30

Quote Originally Posted by King Dagel View Post
    Damn, you must be really bored.
    word...

Battle Record
    0-2

Wow thanks man. That helps me, alot. Ummm...Yeah, I meant it similar to how you put it. Except for the obvious additional word or words. I've written a few raps in my time...And I want to share some later on. Could you help with the structure of it? I'm pretty confident...But I want ot hear what you think. So I'll get one ready sooner or later. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    242-30

yeah, PM me and I'll let you know.

I don't always check these threads that often.

Battle Record
    0-2

By the way, does this site offer recognition? I mean if someone was to be so good...That they eventually got a deal with someone to start making tracks...Etcetera, making it as a famous rapper in the future? I mean anyone can listen to the RAP SONG forum and say...Oh this guy has potential...I'm just wondering.

Battle Record
    242-30

well, the better you get in the rap songs forum, then the more people will flock to your drops and tell you how good your tracks are.

you'll also get criticism in there everytime you post a track... experienced music makes and listeners alike will tell you their "opinions" on your music... who you choose to listen to also measures how much you'll learn though. because if you're taking advice from the guy who is just a listener and not a successful rapper, you probably won't learn as much. but when you listen to other people's music and give them feedback, you'll also figure out who knows what their doing and who doesn't.. there's up-coming producers, rappers, and writers all over the site... none of them are really famous or anything like that, but you'll definitely meet a lot of chill ass mothafuckas and friendly people depending on how and where you utilize your time here at RB.

the most recognition you get here as a writer is Hall of Fame pieces and Legendary Members threads (if you get THAT far. which I haven't even done after being here since 2005 lol).... with Rap Songs it's a little different... you meet other music makers, get their myspaces, soundclicks, etc... it's a fun process and past time.

Soule

MF DOOM used to post on here

Battle Record
    242-30

word, and DZK too, but he's not really anybody lol.

Soule

lol, werd.

Battle Record
    0-2

Ahahaha, yeah I see now. So, what...Do I have to make a smash hit to get into Hall of Fame...And how do you get into the Hall of Fame...By people voting your song?