User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 41 of 41

Thread: Hayabusa Gloves xD

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Re: Hayabusa Gloves xD

Quote Originally Posted by missamanda View Post
    wow since you were 13? I feel kind silly starting BJJ at 20 but there are other beginners around my age too lol

you must have developed some natural reflexes from BJJ, I would like to get to that point, I noticed that Im starting to naturally go into my Muay Thai stance when I feel threatened or something might come up...

How is Krav Maga? I think I read that it was developed by the Isrealite army?? ...maybe Im wrong >.<

and lol @ punching correctly, I have landed a punch wrong a couple times on a heavy bag and that shit isnt fun >.<
    Yeah, its all pretty natural now. I haven't gotten in a fist fight in a long time, but its all pretty natural.
    Whats nice is I get my BJJ strait from the Gracie family. No watered down, crap BJJ that a lot of people get. No VHS and DVDs teaching me how to do an armbar, lol.

Krav Maga, from what I've found, doesn't work that great with MMA... A few things work on the ground, but not much.
    I dunno, maybe when I get more proficient I'll end up using it more. But there is a difference between a cage and strait up offensive, kill the mother fucker violence.

Soule

where do you train? seeing as we both live in oregon... i am interested.

Battle Record
    10-20

wow, those gloves r hard body
    does mma sparring at a local gym give me the right to act like i know wut im talking about here? xD
    - King Tone

Soule

it's America... speak up bro.

nousecryingover.spiltmilk artisan.'s Avatar

lol Tony... speak on what you know, I've just started a couple months ago...

Lol everyone's been practicing for years... well I started in October 09 and I had to sit out for a week or so because I injured my right wrist and then ended up busting up my shoulders and left shin O_O not to mention I was brutally sore...lol since nate's been home I haven't been back (and bc the holidays) but Im going back tuesday and it should be pretty consistant from then on...

I saw Krav Maga teaches you to basically kill someone(like poke their eyes out) vs BJJ or Muay Thai (the sport) you incapacitate or brutally injur more or less, I have to learn self control because sometimes in class we practice and I get too rough mostly in BJJ bc I like to slide my forearm on people's throats... hehe xD

I really like the instructors...I started with Muay Thai because I have a strong flight response and I ball up when people come at me -_- ..it has gotten better over the past couple months, but I have a ways to go and started BJJ because well personal reasons...

When you learned did you learn to fall first n stuff? or was it kind of you just went in and rolled every week and learned new moves and situationals?
    [YOUTUBE]HoTqpEu_Vc4[/YOUTUBE]
    "... for this was how I thought
    poetry worked: you digested experience and shat

literature...."-William Mathews

Soule

i dunno if i'd actually use those gloves. they seem more like a decoration. i just learned a move... then focused on how many different ways i could pull it off or sink it in. then after a variety of different ways... i'd move onto something else.
    Last edited by Soule; December 27th, 2009 at 06:18 PM

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

Quote Originally Posted by  King View Post
    where do you train? seeing as we both live in oregon... i am interested.

I live in seattle...
    Marcelo Alonso, 4th degree blackbelt under Carlson Gracie.

Soule

thought you lived in eugene or salem?

Battle Record
    26-9

i dunno if i'd actually use those gloves. they seem more like a decoration. i just learned a move... then focused on how many different ways i could pull it off or sink it in. then after a variety of different ways... i'd move onto something else.
    Hayabusa might be the least decoration gloves out there. There shit is quality.

As far as learning moves in concerned, we started with position. We worked position with no submission for weeks. The first 3-4 moves we learned were armbar from mount, kimura from mount, armbar from guard, and triangle from guard.

Now I'll learn something, do it 50x on each side, and then work with it specifically for a night.
    I'm used to BJJ enough now that I can pick up things pretty quickly.

Battle Record
    26-9

thought you lived in eugene or salem?
    I lived in bend...but I've been in seattle for 1 1/2 years.

do you know this dope? Alyse Miller's Avatar
    Battle Record
    29-17
    Awards 25+ Wins

nice gloves!
    OKC