User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Opie 1 konobi!!!!!!

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: Opie 1 konobi!!!!!!

yeuh ok, i was looking in the cubase manual and its there, you just match the drum loops to the temp correct? but i still dont know how it efeects the song and or how to set it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Abo 3amter
    im thinking of a conductor point of view opey..

but bullet dont mess with the meter it should always be 4/4
    Your explanation of meter is in no way correct. Not from any point of view. It's 100% incorrect.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet.
    yeuh ok, i was looking in the cubase manual and its there, you just match the drum loops to the temp correct? but i still dont know how it efeects the song and or how to set it.
    I'm not helping you until you learn what tempo and meter are.

Battle Record
    1-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meter_(music)

go to the bottom were it says

examples of various meter.....n listen

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

example of meter at 4/4, hi-hat, hi-hat, hi-hat, snare, hi-hat, hi-hat, hi-hat, snare.. etc

1/2/3/4/ 1/2/3/4

2/4, hi-hat, snare, hi-hat, snare, hi-hat, snare.. etc...

1/2 1/2 1/2
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Now do 7/8 like that

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

btw,

tempos is the music speed, bpm. And meter what i got out of the info is the beat count.
    Last edited by .Bullet.; November 23rd, 2009 at 02:39 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Yea. Pretty much. Meter is kind of complicated tho. The bottom number is basically how many beats are in a whole note. Typically there's 4. The top number is how many beats are in one bar. Again, there's typically 4. So 4/4 means there's 4 beats per bar and a whole note is 4 beats so each beat is a quarter note. The reason this is important to cubase is because you should be keeping the project grid set to bars and beats. So when you're in grid mode, the selections you make to cut regions and/or move them around will snap to whichever note length you want to set it to. So say you want to copy your chorus vocals over to the next chorus. You can set the grid to 1 bar so it'll only snap to whole bars. Then you can select the regions for the amount of bars you want and copy. Then you can select the bar where the next chorus will start and paste. It'll paste the vocals perfectly in time with the song.

But there's a problem with this. The default project tempo is 120bpm. So when you set up your instrumental to record to, the program will think the instrumental is 120bpm and the beats on the grid will go faster than the actual song. So you have to figure out the tempo of the instrumental and set that as the tempo of the project by changing the 120 to the actual tempo. That will assure that the instrumental and the grid are perfectly lined up.

This perfect alignment is necessary for a lot of things. Especially perfect cuts and edits and also perfect delay times. When you set up a delay, they will often have an option to select the delay time by notes (such as quarter note or eigth note). This syncing won't work if the tempo is wrong. The same is true when the delay has an option to sync to the song tempo automatically (which most delays do). Setting a delay by ear or using the tap tempo doesn't sound as nice as syncing it perfectly to the actual tempo of the song.

Anyway, to find the song tempo, just count how many beats there are in 1 minute. Enter that as the tempo for the project. You can test it by selecting 4 bars on the grid and doing loop playback. If the playback makes a perfect loop then it's set correctly. If it doesn't then you either have to adjust the tempo until it does, or you have to make sure the the very first beat of the song is at the start of a bar. Often times, instrumentals have an intro or dead space before it, so you might have to shift the instrumental until the beats line up with the bars on the grid.

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

O okay, i understand most of what you said, but i havent took music class since grade 6-7, that was like 6 years ago, how would i go about counting the beats to set the tempo? yeuh stupid question.lol

Battle Record
    3-2

just count the fuckin' beats yo... push play... one and two and three and four and five and six and seven and eight etc... until the time hits one minute... or count for twenty seconds and multiply by three...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Lmao... Dud you just ask me how to count??

Battle Record
    3-2

one beat, ah ah ah... two beat, ah ah ah... three beat, ah ah ah...

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

LMFAO, o fuck my bad, i thought i had to count lmfaofjiagbsdfiughssidj fuck nvm, i got it mixed up with th 4/4 meter thing.

Battle Record
    1-1

ROFLL.. bullet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg that made me howl. .... rofl ... but hope u finally figure this shit out ..

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

k i just downloaded this program that tell you the bpm, cause i wanted to 100 percent rite, anyway im using a beat, that has a hook to it, and my bpm is 94.01, now what do i do?