112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Re: FL studio: Add fx to midi outs?

ok Ill download it, whats yours?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

click on the AIM icon on the bottom left of my post window.

You've Earned a Custom Title! schizmatic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

im on express so I can't add anyone, add me: thistook20times

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

this is also an issue, if we could team view for a bit that'd be excellent

http://rapidshare.com/files/30208225..._midi.jpg.html

I accept with information:There's no audio in MIDI tracks. So there's no FX that could possibly be applied. MIDI tracks are only for recording and playing MIDI data. You would use a midi track to do things like record midi notes off of your midi keyboard and output them to a piece of midi hardware. If you're using VSTi then you want to use instrument tracks which allow you to input midi data.

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Oh and OPEY when i click the AIM guy, said invalid

You've Earned a Custom Title! kloqwyse's Avatar

K....

MIDI CHANNEL ----> goes to external gear for MIDI I/O ------> If you are not recording audio returns to track, then use fx on external gear... Or record to an Audio Track one instrument at a time and use your own plugins afterwards on a regular audio track.

MIDI CHANNEL ----> goes to INTERNAL VST for MIDI I/O (Pro-53)----> Load a Single channel VST, then, on the aux channel that is dedicated to that VST, you add your effects.

MIDI CHANNEL ----> goes to INTERNAL MULTICHANNEL VST for MIDI I/O (Hypersonic) ----> Set up MIDI channels for each of the midi tracks you wish to use, then setup multiple audio ouputs. Once you have Multiple Outputs working, this should give you either an Audio Track or an Auxiliary Input receiving audio from each available output of the VST. On these tracks, you add your FX.

MIDI CHANNEL ----> has the ability to control all sorts of Control Change events (CC#), some of these CC's control things like Reverb (CC# 91) or Chorus(CC# 93) sends but are usually referring to the internal effects of the internal (i.e. hypersonic) OR external (i.e. fantom) gear and NOT the effects of your DAW like FL/Cubase/ProTools.

In FLstudio, the "MIDI OUT" channel has a bunch of programmable knobs and sliders available.

I use my Motif to control everything and there is a Yamaha preset in the MIDI OUT options menu, so that maps everything nicely. Using this preset or setting up my own presets, I can then adjust CC's using automation or doing them live or whatever. In a sense, I'm adding FX to my MIDI. The effect just depends on the gear and what CC I automate.

There are MIDI EFFECTS available but they are not what you would think they are, or maybe they're exactly what you would think they are. They alter CC's, so you could have an LFO going that might be controlling CC#1 (modulation wheel) to give you a warble, or maybe a wah pedal effect. Or you could have an arpeggiator going thats effecting multiple CC #'s like your MIDI note triggers, release, velocity, etc.

In FLStudio, you can load a Formula Controller into an empty mixer track, create a sine wave, then goto your MIDI channel on the step sequencer, right click on the fader on the midi out channel menu, select link to controller, change the "Internal Controller" drop down option to Formula Controller, click accept. Now your fader should be moving, or not.. lol. Either way it's linked to the controller. Right click on it one more time, goto configure, name it modulation, make sure the Controller # is 1, and that it's controlling CC's. Accept. Now you are modulating that midi channel via an internal controller.

Hope that clears things up.. If not, I'm sure they make a cream for it.
    Last edited by kloqwyse; November 4th, 2009 at 01:40 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHECK THE CUSTOM BEATS
    [SOUNDCLICK]8260815[/SOUNDCLICK]

Battle Record
    112-10
    Awards 100+ Wins

Thanks dude I got it.
    I just add vst to channel one, set the ports and midi channels matching, click enable midi outputs on the top left of the vst, then set the outputs in hypersonik .

What about cubase and sonar lol?

You've Earned a Custom Title! kloqwyse's Avatar

They should have a similar process. Try setting up Aux Tracks, then on the input for the aux tracks there should be options like:

Mic A
    Mic B
    Hypersonic -> Out 1
    .....................Out 2
    .....................Out 3
    .....................etc..

So your first aux track would be say a piano, second a pad, third a bass.. whatev's.. then you would add effects or sends to those tracks. To save processing power I'd turn off the effects in hypersonic, plus it'll give you a drier signal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHECK THE CUSTOM BEATS
    [SOUNDCLICK]8260815[/SOUNDCLICK]

belairdirect propose aux consommateurs des solutions complètes d'assurance auto et habitation depuis plus de 50 ans. En 1997, belairdirect devenait la première compagnie d’assurance en Amérique du Nord à offrir des soumissions d’assurance auto en ligne, directement aux clients.
    Ali