User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Better vocabulary and words

Better vocabulary and words

I really need help with writing. I write down words,phrases and punches that catch me but it's hard to memorize. I read stuff on here and people create imagery with words like I can actually visualize what they sayin. That's what I trying to get better at. Any ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

do you know this dope? Alyse Miller's Avatar
    Battle Record
    29-17
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Better vocabulary and words

its not hard to memorize your own material its cuz you make it hard feel me its like you say your favorite lines from your favorite artist its the same with your stuff if you can remember a line from yuor fav rapper then you can remember your own. vocabulary isnt always needed just dont be so basic jus clever an creative feel me? but you reading is fine cause you would get the idea for text battles on here. hope this helps
    OKC

The truth will sound much better than fabrications.
    If you put real emotion inside your lines you will be able to remember them much more easily. The truth in itself will make your lyrics more than words, they will float off of the paper into a story for you to watch as it is unfolding to the pace of a beat, take inspiration from things you see happening around you in the world daily.
    Last edited by suddle.; October 21st, 2009 at 06:06 PM

now quote this, mc's are hopeless thinking records sales makes you the dopest.

ok...thanks for the help yall

Battle Record
    8-2

you cant have imagery without imagination..

Battle Record
    1-3

Memorizing your lines has already been talked about but...

As far as expanding your vocabulary goes, watch philosophic or alternative films. Read more books and poetry, and not the fucking trash they make you read in schools. Read works by philosophers and free thinkers, there is a lot of great material for expanding your mind and getting new idea's in your head that goes back hundred's of years. You don't necessarily have to agree with what your reading, but learning to understand it and getting the knowledge will vastly improve your vocabulary. Use a thesaurus to find different words with similar meanings and eventually these words will become second nature.

There is a lot to be said about your choice of words and it's relation to your personality and intent. All writers know what I'm talking about when I refer to the "mental tone". A lot of your word usage comes from this mental tone, which is why when your poetry you will word things a lot differently than if you were hanging out with some friends. It's not just about what you're saying, but the way your saying it and the words you are using to say it.

You've Earned a Custom Title! kafka's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1

Yeah I agree, pretty much just read widely. Look up words you don't know, and you can snatch inspiration, snippets of usable cool shit from pretty much anywhere. Even just practice inside your head when you're walking around - like you see something and then think of a rhyme. Read a street sign - what rhymes with that?

You've Earned a Custom Title! nish81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Novac View Post

As far as expanding your vocabulary goes, watch philosophic or alternative films. Read more books and poetry, and not the fucking trash they make you read in schools. Read works by philosophers and free thinkers, there is a lot of great material for expanding your mind and getting new idea's in your head that goes back hundred's of years. You don't necessarily have to agree with what your reading, but learning to understand it and getting the knowledge will vastly improve your vocabulary. Use a thesaurus to find different words with similar meanings and eventually these words will become second nature.

There is a lot to be said about your choice of words and it's relation to your personality and intent. All writers know what I'm talking about when I refer to the "mental tone". A lot of your word usage comes from this mental tone, which is why when your poetry you will word things a lot differently than if you were hanging out with some friends. It's not just about what you're saying, but the way your saying it and the words you are using to say it.

are there any books in particular that you'd recommend for someone just starting with reading philosophy, or just general books for someone looking to improve their vocabulary?

PakTraxxBeats.com PakTraxx *Beats*'s Avatar

let the words come from your soul and put real emotion behind them and thats how you create imagery

Click Banner To Go To PakTraxxBeats.com

putting a mixtape together holla at me if you want on

Aim: PaktraxxBeats

Fck What A Hater Gota Say BozKurt's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-7

smoke some dro , pick up the pan and jot

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-2

bra the best way to get better is to battle..rap..freestyle..watever it is u do..jusTe keep doin dat jaun..but wassup wit da 50 post rule nigga gotta find shit 2 post on just 2 battle out here..i mean i kno its a reccession but cqmon
    SkillVerbAcq.Blacq Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Novac View Post

I am a newbie in this forum, so i would like to make a new member and contribute my ideas and improve my knowledge from the others.I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.Gee! this thread will attract many people to give more info.

I have a decent mic and it picks up every little things. It's dope but really needs an isolated area to record. Anyone have any cheap tips and tricks? Do egg cartons really stop reverberation?

Battle Record
    0-2

I had this problem two weeks ago, And now im painting easy imagery man,
    put your head to it. you your imagination your pen and your pad.

Say you were trying to paint a dark room or something easy,
    Cracked bricks Every corner cobwebbed,
    Several Chains, And stacked skeleton heads,
    A hard surface, A dirt floor dusty with no bed,
    No way out no door, A lot of things to dread,
    Simple vocab, but still paints the imagery,. Just its all about wording things right.
    That was very basic and simple and quick on the spot. but it gets the point through
    ["TheIntel"]

You've Earned a Custom Title! KiiD ExClusiivE's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

you wouldnt have memorizing problems if you just freestyled XD
    "You think You nice on a microphone? but get a vest cus da only mic you gettin on is attached to your chest"-KiiD