User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast
Showing results 91 to 105 of 118

Thread: America Losing Faith in Obama?

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: America Losing Faith in Obama?

I'm looking at you with an "I don't give a fuck" look.

People are too fuckin sensitive.

doesnotexist

Damn Opey I seriosly can't belive you don't see the obvious intent of this pic...

I'm not saying it's the epitome of racism, or even that it's not a little clever... but seriosly cmon...

Why isn't it wrong to slap a white person's head on a european??
    Well, which European? A regular person from Austria or Dr. Mengela?

Maybe you think a primitive witch doctor is the regular typical normal person in Africa. Maybe that's where your problem lies with this....

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Hitler???

No... I don't think that at all. I thought it was a commentary on his stance on health care... not his skin color. If it's a commentary on his skin color then it's a poor one. There's much better ways to say "Hey this guys a nigger!!" I actually didn't even associate witch doctors with Africans until you guys said something.

doesnotexist

im suprised you need explanations as to why exploiting and using racial stereotypes for the president of all people is wrong.

its the equivlent of all natives being potrayed as scalping apache savages. all hispanic as cholo type criminals. all asians as kung fu fighters who eat baby fetuses. all arabs as terrorists or sand dwelling sheep fuckers.

theyre stereotypes. sterotypes are part of racism.

this sure as shit aint the most racist one ever, but its obvious it goes there.

african stereotypes = primitives, superstitious, cannibals and yes witch doctors and voodoo men

which exist sure

but celarly obama is not one of them and is a modern AMERICAN man lol

so even if it wasnt racist it would still be insulting
    Last edited by doesnotexist; September 16th, 2009 at 02:08 AM

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    I actually didn't even associate witch doctors with Africans until you guys said something.

Well type in witch doctor in google and see how many results you get where its not a black guy or some other race posing as a african style witch doctor....grass skirts, masks and all

african stereotype

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaniard View Post
    how about them saying this nigger wants to ruin our healthcare? did you ever think of that?
    That's why I said if racists created the sign then that's obviously their intention. But that doesn't mean everyone with all these satire signs are racists.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by The Bosniak View Post
    im suprised you need explanations as to why exploiting and using racial stereotypes for the president of all people is wrong.

its the equivlent of all natives being potrayed as scalping apache savages. all hispanic as cholo type criminals. all asians as kung fu fighters who eat baby fetuses. all arabs as terrorists or sand dwelling sheep fuckers.

theyre stereotypes. sterotypes are part of racism.

this sure as shit aint the most racist one ever, but its obvious it goes there.

african stereotypes = primitives, superstitious, cannibals and yes witch doctors and voodoo men

which exist sure

but celarly obama is not one of them and is a modern AMERICAN man lol

so even if it wasnt racist it would still be insulting
    Like I said... I didn't associate witch doctors with a stereotype for black people. That's kinda silly to me.

But isn't insult the point of all these posters pointed at every president??

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Well type in witch doctor in google and see how many results you get where its not a black guy or some other race posing as a african style witch doctor....grass skirts, masks and all

african stereotype
    Thats not a stereotype. That's what a witch doctor is. And they don't only exist in Africa. I was thinking of Amazon tribal type shit when I saw the photo. Obviously the point is to say that his outlook on health care is barbaric. That has nothing to do with him being black. Sure... the comparison works because he has dark skin... but as I said... the hitler comparison for bush only works because he's white. What's the difference?

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Opie M. View Post
    Thats not a stereotype. That's what a witch doctor is. And they don't only exist in Africa. I was thinking of Amazon tribal type shit when I saw the photo. Obviously the point is to say that his outlook on health care is barbaric. That has nothing to do with him being black. Sure... the comparison works because he has dark skin... but as I said... the hitler comparison for bush only works because he's white. What's the difference?
    Opey do you see which of your quotes I am responding to with that post?

"I don't associate witch doctors with Blacks"

And then I show you it clearly is associated 90% with Africans/Blacks.

That post is about nothing more.

And plenty of non white people have been compared to Hitler. Obama is one in fact. Hitler isn't esclusive to whites. Dictators aren't a white stereotype.

Thats not a stereotype. That's what a witch doctor is. And they don't only exist in Africa.
    Ok this tells me you're clearly not geting this. You're making it sound like I'm saying this is insulting to WITCH DOCTORS LMAO Like "oh this is a negative witch doctor stereotype, witch doctors don't look like that".

Read the posts.

Witch doctors and cannibals and primitive tribal stuff is an AFRICAN STEREOTYPE. AS IN AFRICANS ARE ALWAYS POTRAYED LIKE THAT.

A hispanic cholo is a hispanic cholo, yes, but potrayng HSPANICS OVERALL as all being cholo gangsters is a stereotype. Potraying Sotomayor as a cholo gangster bitch is racist sereotyping.

Argh.
    Last edited by doesnotexist; September 16th, 2009 at 02:39 AM

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I just googled witch doctor and found the orginal pic without obama on it. Most of the sites I found it on are in articles calling out various people and companies for being proverbial witch doctors in their trade... specifically about health care.

For example...
    http://themachoresponse.blogspot.com...1_archive.html

This guy used it on his blog a year ago to attack health care before obama was even elected.

It's a common photo used for this exact thing. All someone did was slap Obama's face on it. He IS the face of all this.

I'm not saying someone definitely wasn't trying to be racist. I'm just saying it can definitely be seen without racism. But whether the person meant to be racist or not, people are gonna attack them for being racists just because they're so sensitive about everything.

doesnotexist

Well ok I have nothing left to say on it, I see perfectly what you're trying to say as well, and I agree it's not all black and white with these protests, there is shades of grey.

its one of those things that can be taken both ways

*goes to sleep listening to taylor swift A TRUE AMERICAN*

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Opey do you see which of your quotes I am responding to with that post?

"I don't associate witch doctors with Blacks"

And then I show you it clearly is associated 90% with Africans/Blacks.

That post is about nothing more.

And plenty of non white people have been compared to Hitler. Obama is one in fact. Hitler isn't esclusive to whites. Dictators aren't a white stereotype.

Ok this tells me you're clearly not geting this. You're making it sound like I'm saying this is insulting to WITCH DOCTORS LMAO Like "oh this is a negative witch doctor stereotype, witch doctors don't look like that".

Read the posts.

Witch doctors and cannibals and primitive tribal stuff is an AFRICAN STEREOTYPE. AS IN AFRICANS ARE ALWAYS POTRAYED LIKE THAT.

A hispanic cholo is a hispanic cholo, yes, but potrayng HSPANICS OVERALL as all being cholo gangsters is a stereotype. Potraying Sotomayor as a cholo gangster bitch is racist sereotyping.

Argh.
    I couldn't find any photos using witch doctors as african stereotypes when I googled for it.

And witch doctors are in tribes all over the world. Not just Africa, and definitely not 90% Africa.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Well ok I have nothing left to say on it, I see perfectly what you're trying to say as well, and I agree it's not all black and white with these protests, there is shades of grey.

its one of those things that can be taken both ways

*goes to sleep listening to taylor swift A TRUE AMERICAN*
    Now THIS is fuckin racist...

Fuckin WOW!!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Damn... turns out I was right for not associating the witch doctor pic with Africans. Hes not African. The guy in the pic is Australian. You RACISTS!!! You see a witch doctor and he's automatically gotta be african!!?? What kinda racist shit is that!!! HUH?? HUH???

:hosea1:

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

When I think "witch doctor"...
    And/or "cannibal"...

I actually think Central American, South American type tribes...
    The Amazon looking jungle shit.

But then again, I'm hispanic...
    And, perhaps, I've seen way too many of those Cannibal Holocaust, Make Them Die Slowly, Eaten Alive type films.

Just me though.