User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 118

Thread: America Losing Faith in Obama?

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

America Losing Faith in Obama?

Poll: Americans losing confidence in Obama
    Fri Aug 21, 5:49 am ET

WASHINGTON – A new poll says that Americans, concerned over the future of health care reform and anxious about the growing federal budget deficit, are losing faith in President Barack Obama.

The Washington Post-ABC News survey found that less that half of Americans — 49 percent — say they believe the president will make the right decisions for the country. That's down from 60 percent at the 100-day mark of the Obama presidency.

The poll published Friday says Obama's overall approval is 57 percent, 12 points lower than it was at its peak in April. Fifty-three percent disapprove of the way he's handling the budget deficit and his approval on health care continues to deteriorate.

The national survey was conducted Aug. 13-17 and has a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: America Losing Faith in Obama?

People's expectations were way too high to begin with. They're beginning to see reality. Not that these polls mean much though.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

yeah, people were acting like Obama was going to be some kind of savior, but instead they're realizing he was never anything close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-0

it was all hype

doesnotexist

Americans are fickle....and they scare easily...

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Can we please, please go back to the threads during elections when I said all of these things but not because of republican views but because of basic rules in politics?

Win for foresight.

Ron Paul anyone? That's who I voted for.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Quote Originally Posted by The Bosniak View Post
    Americans are fickle....and they scare easily...
    BISH!
    *Throws a stone toward his view of canada from downtown detroit*

take that!
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    ---- My Fam ----

savoir
    Battle Record
    18-6
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

His approval on healthcare wouldn't keep deteriorating if people a) stopped lying their fucking asses off and b) Obama stopped trying to please the replublicans and therefore piss off democrats.

Keeping half an eye on this healthcare thing has basically lowered my optimism not so much in Obama as just in anything ever getting done for the good of anything ever.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

I think Obama wasn't ready to take on the role of President. And people fell in love with the idea of a first black President who happened to be pretty young. So the younger generation felt they could have a down to earth President. But then again, Obama was given a full plate so you can't blame him for not being able to tackle on these problems right away. He's only been been President for almost 9 months.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

savoir
    Battle Record
    18-6

And thank the lord that Ron Paul isn't president. I thought he was alright for a little while until I started paying attention, really not my kind of dude even if i have some respect for him.
    Last edited by phlymo; August 24th, 2009 at 04:17 PM

^word to Harmon, he's only been in it 9+ months =/

i knew the nigga wasnt from the get...i'm one of the people who voted for "The Black Guy"

with all this shit hes gotta move thru, i dont expect anything big to pop for least 2 years. As far as the economy, but honestly i thought the whole health care thing woulda went maaaaddd smoother than this shit =/
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    ---- My Fam ----

savoir
    Battle Record
    18-6

Regarding the stimulus etc, i really don't have a clue about that. I'm not surprised it's caused support to go down. But I really couldn't make anything approaching an informed decision about it, so i'll just see how that one goes.

But yeah, polls like this will be much more helpful once we've seen if he can actually get anything done. If the US gets an improved healthcare system under Obama then that's a great thing. If he keeps comprimising that in order to appease a lot of people who have been suckered into believing a lot of shit then it's not looking so great.

As for the economy.. it was fucked before he became President. And some people have a hard time accepting that it takes some time to fix that kind of shit. I mean it took Bush years to fuck it up. Now give Obama some time to repair it..

-The Original-
    Battle Record
    10-2
    Awards LLL Season Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Harmon E. Soundz View Post
    As for the economy.. it was fucked before he became President. And some people have a hard time accepting that it takes some time to fix that kind of shit. I mean it took Bush years to fuck it up. Now give Obama some time to repair it..

my sentiments exactly... no approach would have made the economy any better today. I do believe that the admin took steps that kept the economy from getting any worse than it could have been. Extending unemployment benefits and lowering healthcare cost for those unemployed is beneficial for those looking for full time work again. I knew his approval rating would go down, it comes with the territory. We live in a NOW society, meaning if the new popular President, who campaigned on a message of change doesnt get things done NOW, then he is a failure. That is the approach of many people especially those that opposed him in the first place. Most still understand that it takes time to come out of a recession. Some were giving him one or two years, before we started to see the economy turn around. I personally didnt think we would be completely out of the water for at least fours years. I would give Obama two full terms to really make the kind of changes he campaigned. The reason being is because he has had to place his focus on other things. Two wars are in place, he promised to end the war in Iraq, which he has set a date when soldiers will start to be removed from Iraq. The problem is the War is Afgahnistan is his, he said during the election we were fighting the wrong war and did feel that we need to put more troops in afghanistan to make sure that turf wasnt over run by terrorist. Either way this is his war with his name on it and many people dont agree with us being over there. It doesnt surprise me his poll numbers have gone down, it happens to every president who serve during a time of crisis.. and Obama isnt immune.

^ Couldn't have said it better myself..