User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 104

Thread: $pitacular1 Hip Pop Mixtape CD Vol.1 - No Seeds

Battle Record
    1-1

Re: $pitacular1 Hip Pop Mixtape CD Vol.1 - No S

Just saying not the best track on ya mixtape man..lol..
    not being an asshole but get all statistical if you want..i feel u can do better than that..

[YOUTUBE]huERok8y-Oo[/YOUTUBE]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

oh I know I can...

see, one of the problems lies in the fact that all my songs on my comp. and CD's are in .wav format... and being the cheap bastard I am, I have a 'free' account on soundclick.. which limits file size to 10MB per song.. my songs are actually closer to 38MB each.. and because I am on a relatively new operating system called Ubuntu 9.04, which is Linux, the .mp3 converter doesn't work well with any windows format, which is what almost everything still runs on for now.. plus when I converted the songs to .mp3 format on my linux operating system, I lost about 34-35MB worth of soundwaves.. making the songs sound horribly shitty compared to what they really sound like... and the worst part it, the .mp3 format "chooses" what sounds to eliminate based on the human hearing range, which most agree stops at 44100 mhz.. however, much like anything else, all humans are different and I assure you my hearing range surpasses that because we work in higher mhz all the time, and add subtle sounds that you would probably only pick up after listening to the song(s) a few times... but you lose all that and much more converting down to mp3.. the way I used to get around that was renaming the extension on the end of the file to .mp3 even though it was actually still a .wav file, and it fooled soundclick.. however due to the large size of these songs and my limited 'free' account, I got screwed and lost at least 60% of the quality of the songs.. the .mp3 converter chooses what to cut, which means it may lose some of one double here, some of the beat there.. which makes shit sound like we didn't take any time to adjust levels.. which is not the case.. if they were mixed and mastered, none of this would matter - but I'm not paying to do that when the CDs I hand out on the streets sounds great.. plus the albums coming soon and it blows this away so much I'm not even worried about it. The album is of course mixed and mastered. It will sound crisp and clean regardless of the format, and I think it's going to impress you.

just a little info for you to understand, if you want to learn more about sound formats or anything else I have learned alot due to the fact I've been studying everything involved in recording, production, marketing, promotion, contract negotiation, all of that shit.. just trying to get my shit right, would be happy to share if anyone has any questions

and someone DOWNLOAD the damn mixtape lol
    or at least a couple songs.. shit..
    pz

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32
    Awards Legendary Battle Haymaker Maddnes Champion - HM 3 winner 50+ Wins Legendary Member OM HOF LLL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Aight. Ima just be real. You might take it as I`m hatin` lol. Or you might take it as constructive criticism like I mean it to be. But that`s up to you. There was one track I didn`t skip. That was the "Do U" track. The rest seemed too cliche to me. Seems like you tryin` too hard to be commercially accepted. I mean maybe that`s what got you your fans out there. But that`s also what I think could make ur buzz fade (just based off this mixtape). The album your puttin` out could impress me a lot more than this so I`m just talkin` about my thoughts as of listenin` to this mixtape. Back to the "tryin` too hard". It seems like you`re forcin` yourself to stick to rappin` about what people WANT to hear as opposed to just havin` fun and doin` you. It comes out in the sound and delivery on your tracks in my opinion. Mainly because I used to do the same thing. Now knowin` you as a text head. I know you`re witty. But I rarely heard anythin` witty in your verses. Idk if that`s somethin` your holdin` back because you think it might go over people`s heads and they won`t appreciate it or what. Another thing about a mixtape and usin` other people`s beats. Did you go back and listen to your track compared to the original and think "is my track better than the original?". If you`re gonna rap over some1 else`s beat. That should always be your mind frame. "I want to out do this nigga on his own shit". And if you don`t. Don`t put it out lol. That`s the state of mind I use when rappin` on any industry beat I plan on lettin` people hear. But back to what I said at the beginnin`. There was only 1 track I didn`t skip. And it`s not that I hate commercial music. But I think if you`re gonna go for that type of listener. You need to stand out more. Do somethin` to keep their attention. Especially when you`re usin` old beats because they`re less relevant now. Newer beats would help you keep attention because newer shit is "what`s hot right now" to your average radio listener crowd. And that`s the crowd it seems like you`re aimin` for.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

I didn't take your comments as hating.. lol... and in a way I completely agree with you.. however when I did my album with Jae, he told me otherwise.. he said I NEEDED to dumb down my shit, I needed to keep it somewhat cliche, because the target audience doesn't sit there and try to decipher something complicated - they just won't feel it at all. He also told me this type of response would come from non-commercial rappers and listeners, but he said that "those dude's you're trying to impress with your lyrics aren't the ones that matter".. he knew the underground type rappers wouldn't like my shit.. may even dislike it immensely, because it goes against everything underground cats stand for. As far as the beats you are correct, however at the time I was doing the mixtape I didn't have anything like LimeWire or whatever and had to take what I could get from sites that allow downloads of music and did searches for instrumentals.. those were the ones I was able to get my hands on. I have no regrets other than I don't have my OWN equipment and my OWN beats to do the mixtape on.. but the next mixtape will be completely different because I am going to shiop around for beats that I can legally sell songs on... as a matter of fact, I heard you do some nice beats yourself.. (hint hint)

but I appreciate the comments because they're coming from a real place and not just trying to shoot down what I did.. thanks. believe me none of this is news to me man. I just have to play the role I need to, to get where I want to be. Once I'm there, I can call the shots. Until then, I have to form music based on what will sell (and yes I know the mixtape is on older beats but again this wasn't a money making venture as I can't really sell them anyway - it's just a buzz generator.. and I know it may go against me on the net but trust in the street, it's getting a very hyped response.. and I need to be performing shows and shit locally before I release the album, so I am using it as a tool to get me DJ's and clubs excited to work with me.. once they are interested, I let them hear a couple songs from the album that I will be performing and go from there)

I can make that underground shit if I want to man.. you know what kind of writer I am.. there's just no point to do that, unless that's where I want to be.. and I don't

This is the very beginning of a long road. Appreciate the advice man.

Battle Record
    7-1

Jae of Universal/Motown?

also, you can sell the cover art and give the cd away for free.

Leave me alone

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

Nah... Jae Staxx (Armique Wyche) who produced my album

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

the funniest part is... I BET you guys will love the album.. underground fans or not.. it's very personal.. very lyrical.. but also catchy. You'll see.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by $pitacular View Post
    the funniest part is... I BET you guys will love the album.. underground fans or not.. it's very personal.. very lyrical.. but also catchy. You'll see.
    Word. And that`s what I listen for. I`m not anti-catchy shit at all. I love a song that`ll make me recite the hook word for word. Shit. I prolly did the soulja boy a few times when I was drunk. But at the same time I think it can still be done for the commercial audience AND have more content in the songs. I just think a lot of rappers are afraid to go that route and find out on their own if it`ll be accepted and just go with the formula they know will work because they know people already like it. And word @ knowin` the type of writer you are. Maybe that had a lot to do with what I was expectin`.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

well that's basically a big-up from you then (in a way)

I think the Album will be exactly what you're looking for.

so whats up on some beats?

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

wow... with everything you've EVER said to me about you rappingand making music... and even when I heard a joint you did that you denied me hearing... I was giving you the benefit of the doubt... I'm not gonna make this long and drawn out... you're better at text man... I just wasn't impressed or interested in listening... delivery was really eh... like you didn't give a fuck and it shows... I couldn't really get past "I'm down" before I turned it off... maybe I'm stupid.

I'm pretty much gonna say what Nahlidge did anyway... not in such a nice way probably... just how I'm preceived I guess... but... good luck with the album... but... if this was ANY kind of foreshadowing... wow... I can say you're better than Chrit.
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Merk Squad
    Battle Record
    52-32

lmao. Ok Brandon "Heat".

the fuck outta here, cuz that's just straight bullshit.

maybe you are stupid.

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

The Better Music Bureau give this tape

GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

Banned