User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: D.O.A. Increased Auto-Tune Sales

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

D.O.A. Increased Auto-Tune Sales

While Jay Z’s “D.O.A” [click to listen] calls for the death of the popular audio software program Auto-Tune, the fad is far from dead.

Antares Audio Technologies, the company that created Auto-Tune, revealed to the New York Times that sales of Auto-Tune have in fact increased since the release of Jay Z’s “D.O.A.”.

“The Jay-Z controversy is great,” Marco Alpert, vice president of marketing at Antares, told the New York Times. “We couldn’t buy P.R. like this.”

Originally created to correct a singer’s pitch, Auto-Tune has become heavily used in Hip Hop and R&B. Artists such as Lil Wayne, Kanye West [click to read], and T-Pain have benefited tremendously from Auto-Tune and although Jay-Z [click to read] is hoping the trend comes to an end he is in no way putting down the artists who have profited from it.

"The guys who did, did it great," Jay-Z explained to New York’s HOT97 weeks ago. "Let them guys do it. They got their little niche. Let's move on
    ."

lmao, dead.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Re: D.O.A. Increased Auto-Tune Sales

*Sigh* I can't wait till it actually dies out. I want to see what T-Pain does after that.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

That doesn't mean there is a correlation between the song and sales? Any sales after the song was released is an increase in the amount of sales from before the song was released, is it not?

There is no details about an increase in the amount of sales per a set interval or of rate of sale increase trend they may have had before. This seems to me that they are trying to use the DOA just to hype the sell of their product.

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

jay-z just dont have the pull with rap listeners like he used to.. he overstayed his welcome with mediocre music.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    5-3

it probably did effect sales, considering the circumstances, and the publicity behind the record.
    Welcome to reality.

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
    jay-z just dont have the pull with rap listeners like he used to.. he overstayed his welcome with mediocre music.

what mediocre music?

Battle Record
    7-15

kingdome done, american gangster wasnt that hot, jockin jay-z, d.o.a, his bullshit guest verses on go hard, put on, my president is black, and whatever other crap hes done. being outshine by kanye west on his new track, shit even j.cole is more relevant than he is at this point.. just play the sidelines and throw the diamond up at cleveland games nigga. I dont wanna hear new music unless he not mailing it in like he has been the past few years.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

doesnotexist

kingdome done, american gangster wasnt that hot, jockin jay-z, d.o.a, his bullshit guest verses on go hard, put on, my president is black, and whatever other crap hes done. being outshine by kanye west on his new track, shit even j.cole is more relevant than he is at this point.. just play the sidelines and throw the diamond up at cleveland games nigga. I dont wanna hear new music unless he not mailing it in like he has been the past few years.
    :hosea:

yea your opinions on jay-z officialy suck

Battle Record
    7-15

im a fan, just not a fan after 2006.. sorry American Gangster was good but .... im not even tempted to download the album again. He's been on cruise control, and I'll listen to BP3.. but D.O.A is a gimmick and a waste of a really good beat. Who is he to address autotune lol. And Run this City, he got outshined by Kanye.. You have how you feel on jay-z, but i liked him better when he actually gave a shit about his music.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Bosniak View Post
    :hosea:

yea your opinions on jay-z officialy suck
    Co-sign.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

You've Earned a Custom Title!

i agree wit this. i think kanye outshined him like crazy n i dont even liek kanye. but jay z been just bullshittin . these joints hes released aint had no real fire behind them. he need to either really do it or dont do it at all. this mediocre shit is for the birds. n this is why rap aint happnenin no more wit really anybody. cuz they dont give a fuck
    KABUKI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

THE GREAT APES

Banned

im a fan, just not a fan after 2006.. sorry American Gangster was good but .... im not even tempted to download the album again. He's been on cruise control, and I'll listen to BP3.. but D.O.A is a gimmick and a waste of a really good beat. Who is he to address autotune lol. And Run this City, he got outshined by Kanye.. You have how you feel on jay-z, but i liked him better when he actually gave a shit about his music.
    i'm seriously so tired of you hateing on jay-z, every thread i read you always hate on jay-z. your a hater.

BTW DRAKE SUCKS DICK. and he will never an icon like jay. just makin sure you know that.

Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by Big James View Post
    i'm seriously so tired of you hateing on jay-z, every thread i read you always hate on jay-z. your a hater.

BTW DRAKE SUCKS DICK. and he will never an icon like jay. just makin sure you know that.
    number 1. i am a hater, i hate wack music
    number 2. who is talking about drake ?
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Battle Record
    8-4

Quote Originally Posted by Harmon Eyez View Post
    *Sigh* I can't wait till it actually dies out. I want to see what T-Pain does after that.
    probley retire, that ma fuckas rich already, But i do vouch that t-pain's only song without auto tune "Right Hand" off of Epiphany, is one of my favorite R&B songs....

Personally i think auto tune is cheating the music business, litterally, if you want to sing, learn how to fuckin sing instead of copping a program, that's cheating, i respect people who have nice voices who can sing without mechanical assitance, i mean litterally everyone could put an auto tune on stage and if you suck at singing, then ta da you don't no more, that shit is like ghost writing, how in the fuck are you going to take credit for something you can't do yourself....

I respect singers and rappers that haven't yet used this tecnique yet....there's a lot of R&B singers that don't need their voices enhanced....and i respect them....because they work on their voices day after day, just like writers work on their pieces, until they perfect it and it's completely wack if someone comes and cheats like that....

Quote Originally Posted by TopDolla View Post
    probley retire, that ma fuckas rich already, But i do vouch that t-pain's only song without auto tune "Right Hand" off of Epiphany, is one of my favorite R&B songs....

Personally i think auto tune is cheating the music business, litterally, if you want to sing, learn how to fuckin sing instead of copping a program, that's cheating, i respect people who have nice voices who can sing without mechanical assitance, i mean litterally everyone could put an auto tune on stage and if you suck at singing, then ta da you don't no more, that shit is like ghost writing, how in the fuck are you going to take credit for something you can't do yourself....

I respect singers and rappers that haven't yet used this tecnique yet....there's a lot of R&B singers that don't need their voices enhanced....and i respect them....because they work on their voices day after day, just like writers work on their pieces, until they perfect it and it's completely wack if someone comes and cheats like that....
    yeah i agree with you 100%