User Tag List

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12
Showing results 166 to 175 of 175

Thread: Drake > Jay-Z

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

Re: Drake > Jay-Z

Word ^ I don't understand why people didn't like AG, it had some of Jays best verses and songs on there. It was a nice addition to his catalog no matter how you look at it.

AI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Αλήθεια View Post
    Word ^ I don't understand why people didn't like AG, it had some of Jays best verses and songs on there. It was a nice addition to his catalog no matter how you look at it.
    Because they have decided to hate jay for some reason or the other, shit that don't matter like Age or liking another artist better who they feel should get the same respect without the actual work. So now they think everything he does can be written off as wack like this dude who started the thread has. C'mon he said name something Jay did recently that was dope we all name tracks from AG he said he had to download them showing he had never heard them at all then like a page later he says AG was wack having never heard it, even if he did listen to it afterward he had already made his mind up cause he was saying it was wack without giving it a listen.
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    32-8
    Awards 25+ Wins

AG and RD are my 2 favorites.
    Legendary Song - Winter Snow

Battle Record
    26-5

Your a fucking idiot.

When drake puts out albums of the calibre that jay-z has for over a decade then come back and make a new thread. Not only that but no rapper remains the same, drake isnt gonna be the same man a few years down the line than he is now.

Its unfair to compare them anyways ( Though I prefer Jay) because they are on completely different stages in their careers. It would be more fair to compare Jay's early shit to Drake. Jay is just better. I doubt Drake will be around for long anyways, he was on Degrassi for christ's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by FortyTilFive View Post
    Its unfair to compare them anyways ( Though I prefer Jay) because they are on completely different stages in their careers. It would be more fair to compare Jay's early shit to Drake. Jay is just better. I doubt Drake will be around for long anyways, he was on Degrassi for christ's sake.

mark my words degrassi will be eventually ruin drake's cred when other rappers start dissin him. he'll end up disappearing off the planet like ja rule.

i mean they're both pretty similar

both of them come from wealth, and make music about being a gangsta. (and yes drake says quite a few lines about how "thug" he is)...I don't think we need another ja rule in the industry. hell, look how fast his career fell apart when he was exposed by 50..all it would take is someone lyrical to come along and make fun of his acting; lol he has no Rap cred.... oh wait..he raps with lil wayne....damnit that's not credible either!

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j3andit View Post
    mark my words degrassi will be eventually ruin drake's cred when other rappers start dissin him.
    Well thats obvious.. anybody can see that happening.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

You've Earned a Custom Title! Tre6Ohso's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1

drakes hard as fuck but hes not better then jay-z period
    jay-z paved the way for drake and everyone else
    wit all respect, smack yourself
    www.myspace.com/thatboyohso

You've Earned a Custom Title! Nihilist's Avatar

So wait let me get this str8... your an uninformed idiot? You haven't heard one Jay CD since black Album yet you said he doesn't have anything dope since? Argument over your a dumb ass
    Learn the difference between "your" and "you're" before you call anybody an "uninformed idiot" or a "dumb ass".

You've Earned a Custom Title! kloqwyse's Avatar

I like Jay.. A.G. had some good shit on it. D.o.A. was retarded tho. And how many peeps were tired of Auto-tune BEFORE jay said something. TONS. but jay steps up and repeats what 90% of the industry was already saying and all of a sudden it's a new radical idea to drop auto tune cuz jay said to. he even said himself he did a song using auto tune. his PRODUCER for D.O.A. did a WHOLE ALBUM using autotune. It's just a ploy to get everyone talking and build a hype for his next cd. I guess my problem with D.O.A. is this:

1. Lyrically it was garbage
    2. How everyone rides his jock so hard and now it's this big cult following type deal.

It almost feels like he did the song to fit in. But it's whatever. Autotunes gonna be around for a long time. people just overused the extremes of it, but everyone's still gonna use it (the way it was meant to be used as a tuner for slightly off tune notes). I think it was overused when Cher used it like back in '99. hahaha.

Now we just gotta wait for the next big fad. It seems like every few years we switch coasts or regions that we listen to,
    east coast (Late 80's),
    west coast (NWA, gangsta rap[I know, it started in philly but NWA made it blow up]),
    east coast(NAS)
    west coast(Pac)
    east coast(biggie)
    midwest(do or die, twista, bone)
    east coast(jay-z and the carter series)
    midwest(eminem)
    west coast(2001)
    then there was this weird period of ja rule/fat joe/nelly
    East coast (50 cent/G unit)
    then the south took over for like 3/4 decade.. hahaha
    and now we're here..

Seems like when hip hop's cred is in danger we always end up going back to it's roots in the east so I think we'll see some of that happening, especially since "OMG! IT'S JAY-Z" fever is taking over again. haha!

Personally I don't think real emcee, lyrical talent will ever be at the forefront of the mainstream because it's too intimidating.

(what about wayne, eminem, jayz, etc..) there are plenty of underground artists that would eat wayne, eat eminem, eat jayz. even on weezy's best day, even on em's best day, even on jay's best day. They would get owned. If it was on youtube, the headlines would read "Jay-z FAILs vs. unknown rapper from kansas" or something. If you were lucky enough to visit a Scribble Jam you'd know exactly what I'm saying.

Drake can eat a dick. LMAO. He aint hip hop, he aint ever gonna be hip hop.
    [YOUTUBE]mn_gc65w1-Y[/YOUTUBE]

and WTF @ Asher Roth?? Why is this kid famous????????

Slaughterhouse...
    Joell Ortiz.. stupid wit it
    Joe Budden.. Nice <-- but shouldn't be callin' out Mef.. dummy
    Royce da 5'9".. still sick after all these years..
    Crooked I.. C'mon, u serious?? kill'n em.. <-- lmao@his tatoo tho

^ hip hop... at least decent mainstream hip hop
    Last edited by kloqwyse; August 4th, 2009 at 03:35 PM

CHECK THE CUSTOM BEATS
    [SOUNDCLICK]8260815[/SOUNDCLICK]