User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: New Setup

New Setup

So Im gettin out the Army on the 21st (never thought my contract would be up) and I got a little bit of breas stashed away so I'm gonna re-do my entire studio.. Well.. I'm gonna finally create the studio that I always wanted... Heres what I got so far... Let me know if you guys got any suggestions at all

Mac G5 Pro (The 8-Core)
    M-Audio Studiophile Bx5a Deluxe monitors
    Digidesign MBOX 2 Pro
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88
    Yamaha Motif Rack XS
    Roland Fantom XR
    Akai MPD 24

I talked to Brandon the other day and he was tellin me that the Mojave 200 was a good ass mic for $1000 so I'm leaning towards that... I wanna get all my productions elements covered first before I worry about recording anybody...

As far as software goes I'll be using Pro Tools as my sequencer... and Rewire Reason 4 along with whatever other plugins I get on top of the 2 racks that I get... Sounds pretty good to me.. i actually cant wait until I get all this shit in my posession... The G5 Pro is first and foremost tho...
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: New Setup

Are you getting a G5 or a Mac Pro? I would recommend against getting the older non-intel Mac. Also, dropping that much money on a Mac and skimping out on the essential audio equipment is a bad idea. MBOX sucks. If you want Pro Tools you can't go wrong with M-Audio interfaces. They're better than the Digi interfaces for the money. For the price of an MBOX Pro you can get an M-Audio 2626 that blows the MBOX away. All the I/O's will really help your signal routing situation with those racks as well. As far as the monitors, if you're planning on doing your own mixes then I'd recommend getting your Mac Pro used and using the extra money to get some good monitors. If you're focusing on sequencing and preproduction then I'd put most of the money into the computer power, get decent monitors like the Bx5's, and focus on constructing a vocal booth and getting a good mic/pre combo. Also, I'd get the MPD32. It's a big step up from the 24.

BTW... you can save money by getting a Mac Pro with the bare minimum system configuration and adding the extra RAM and extra CPU yourself. It's significantly cheaper that way. And looking for all this shit used or new on ebay etc will save you a ton of money.

Re: New Setup

My man... Imma make them adjustments and re-do what my pricing is looking like... Good lookin
    Self Made... You just affiliated.

Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin on you...? You could have better gear and couldnt style it on me...