User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: Bodybuilding and Espn

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Bodybuilding and Espn

Back in the 90's espn use to air the mr olympia and the arnold classic now you they don't even air any competition at all but they can play 2 hours of poker cause thats a real sport and billiards come on now who watches that and bowling wtf how many middle age balding fat guys in america are their to support bowling and billiards. I understand the climate is wrong to air bodybuilding because of who anti steroids people are right now but they still play the worlds strongest man every week like steroids aren't involved with that

now i have to go to a website to get a live stream which usually takes days to buffer instead of watching comfortably on a couch with mah HD TV
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: Bodybuilding and Espn

I don't understand the appeal behind watching someone lift weights.

Battle Record
    12-1

Speedy, stfu. No one wants to see that shit. Seriously. And how could you diss poker, or anything, for that matter?

No one wants to see men lift heavy things and sweat. It's stupid. The comps were guys just put on lotion and pose. Wtf is that?

Body building is by far the dumbest shit ever considered to be a sport. Wtf could their muscles even be useful for? Nothing. . . Or wait. They can lift gun racks when they move, without taking the rifles out. Woopty-fuckin' do.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Speedy, stfu. No one wants to see that shit. Seriously. And how could you diss poker, or anything, for that matter?

No one wants to see men lift heavy things and sweat. It's stupid. The comps were guys just put on lotion and pose. Wtf is that?

Body building is by far the dumbest shit ever considered to be a sport. Wtf could their muscles even be useful for? Nothing. . . Or wait. They can lift gun racks when they move, without taking the rifles out. Woopty-fuckin' do.
    poker takes skill but is it a sport wtf?

the more and more people stopped caring about bodybuilding the more and more the nation stopped caring about general fitness and obesity is basically a part of american culture

lmao at what is their muscle's used for. In this day in age what is any physical talent useful for right
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-1

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy Claxton View Post
    poker takes skill but is it a sport wtf?

the more and more people stopped caring about bodybuilding the more and more the nation stopped caring about general fitness and obesity is basically a part of american culture

lmao at what is their muscle's used for. In this day in age what is any physical talent useful for right
    Bitch, you know what I mean when I say useful.

= Useful

= You're doing it wrong

And lmao@comparing this to American obesity. Yeah, that's why Americans are fat. . Cause espn doesn't report about body builders. Riiiiggghhhhhht
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter D. Wall View Post
    I don't understand the appeal behind watching someone lift weights.
    [YOUTUBE]M7OpsW-35Yg[/YOUTUBE]

skip to 3:55
    De Kapitein

Bitch, you know what I mean when I say useful.

= Useful

= You're doing it wrong

And lmao@comparing this to American obesity. Yeah, that's why Americans are fat. . Cause espn doesn't report about body builders. Riiiiggghhhhhht
    lmao chris i knew you we're going to relate it to fighting some how everyone seems to use that. Most of the great fighters weren't that muscular at all they are just talented at fighting and some people are blessed with great genetics to build muscle. Most bodybuilders are ex football players thats how they get their roots in lifting

i didn't directly relate the obesity and bodybuilding not being on ESPN, im saying the less and less people cared about fitness the less you saw bodybuilding on the air and the more and more people got out of shape
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    12-1

I'm not saying it's useless if it's not for fighting. I could have posted a sprinter or a basketball player.

Body building doesn't seem to take any brains, and the muscles you get aren't practical. I bet it's harder for that guy in your sig to get around than someone like GSP. I'm not saying all sports or byproducts of sports need to be practical, but it also isn't entertaining to most people just to watch 12 overly-muscular guys pose for an hour.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

espn classic still runs strong man comps, just not as much.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

lmao@that vid speedy.

and i think you can strong man comps on everyday on espn classic, hell the show pool every morning at 11 am.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

I like the worlds strongest man shit but actual bodybuilding is just creepy. Scary guys in speedos bending in strange poses? Ill pass.
    [YOUTUBE]M6oovFB12i8[/YOUTUBE]

I'm not saying it's useless if it's not for fighting. I could have posted a sprinter or a basketball player.

Body building doesn't seem to take any brains, and the muscles you get aren't practical. I bet it's harder for that guy in your sig to get around than someone like GSP. I'm not saying all sports or byproducts of sports need to be practical, but it also isn't entertaining to most people just to watch 12 overly-muscular guys pose for an hour.
    how does it seem like it doesn't require brains? you need to know how every muscle in your body functions and how they work with other corresponding muscle groups. People think bodybuilding is pure lifting when reality is that 40% of putting on muscle comes from lifting the other 60% comes from nutrition i das can bench press his little heart out but he won't put on muscle if he isn't eating right. You need know what times of the day boost GH levels you need to know what foods support high testosterone levels you need to know why and how caffeine is greatest legal fat burner. for the body to put on muscle it needs to function properly so you have to know how the body functions in the first place. GSP is a great athlete a great fighter but he still does weight training doesn't he. Alot of fighters follow the weider principle to weight training.

and the guy in my sig is 6'3 230lbs while GSP is what 5'7 170lbs im sure GSP can move around easier, he's still lighter than most heavyweight fighters and alot healthier
    and hey im not saying you should like bodybuilding to each his own i can't watch guys play cards for 2 hours
    Last edited by Extinctor Draconis; July 7th, 2009 at 11:24 PM
    De Kapitein

Quote Originally Posted by John Mclain View Post
    I like the worlds strongest man shit but actual bodybuilding is just creepy. Scary guys in speedos bending in strange poses? Ill pass.
    yea the speedos are retarded i don't want to see their ass cheeks ad shaft and balls

i sent them an email saying they should switch over to compression shorts at the very least
    De Kapitein

the main point of this thread was your telling me theirs more people interested in bowling and billiards than bodybuilding

ESPN even aired a cup stacking competition and a spelling bee, i knew people were interested in the ever eventful ritual of stacking cups
    De Kapitein

[YOUTUBE]AKGx7oQWYfU[/YOUTUBE]

Watch this new kid Travis. Now that shit is fuckin impressive. It starts at 6:37 but you should watch some of the other ones to see how much faster he does that shit.
    [YOUTUBE]M6oovFB12i8[/YOUTUBE]