User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 235

Thread: Lakers v. Denver Breakdown

Battle Record
    10-3
    Awards LLL HOF

Lakers v. Denver Breakdown

as a lakers fan, im worried about this match up. mainly because chauncey billups has always hurt the lakers, and even though the lakers handled the rest of that team in the first round of the playoffs rather easily last year.. billups makes denver a completely different ball club, and iverson made them too predictable last year. its obvious when the lakers try and their post players play their parts to the best of their ability that they could literally dominate denver down low, but i've only seen both bynum and gasol have solid games together about 2 games this post season. i know kobe is going to be anxious for the matchup between him and carmelo, considering the conversations on espn about anthony being more of an offensive threat than kobe.. and i know kobe haters will disagree with what im going to say, but kobe's defense on carmelo will shut up all that talk and he'll outshine the kid in 85% of this series.. just like last year. anyone remember? he completely shut down carmelo most of the time. but still.. the thing that worries me is that chauncey fuckin billups.. because he could change everything i said around. he can makes plays to get anthony open and undefended shots.. he can get denver's post players involved (still wont help on the boards or the overall post prescense though) and he can and will be an offensive threat himself.. plus, lets not forget, he's as clutch if not more clutch than kobe. and with the intensity of this birdman and their shooters off the bench.. they probably have the lakers beaten in that area.. even though i love the fact that no matter what the lakers will have either bynum, odom, or ariza comin off the bench or sometimes even 2 of them.

but, dont expect the lakers or kobe to play the way they've played the last 2 series. your going to see the same lakers squad that won the number one seed in the west come out and instantly have that killer instinct. they didnt get home court advantage up 'til the finals for no reason.. and they wont drop neither of these first 2 games in LA. the series will open up 2-0 LA with this game one tonight being won rather easily by los angelos because of too much time off for denver. thats right, dont worry about if the lakers are tired.. its rust and a week off that REALLY hurts a teams momentum, and lets face it.. denver's team has been living off their momentum. which is why they will rekindle that going back to denver in game 3.. and probably win by a double digit victory in that one as well as game 4, sending the series to a tie at 2-2. then, going back to LA for game 5 will be the best game of this entire series. there will be back and forth scoring and lead changes all the way up until the fourth quarter.. ending with a game winning shot by denver (even though you never know with kobe) because i think denver will be the first to steal a home game from LA, taking the lead in the series 3-2 going back to denver. espn will make a huge story out of the lakers facing elimination in denver and how they wont be able to match the intensity and denvers momentum.. and then kobe will come out and score 40-50 points in a game 6 victory sending it back to los angelos for game 7 where the lakers will win rather comfortably and head on into the finals to face a cleveland team thats been resting since they won the orlando series 4-2.

i betcha.

Battle Record
    32-11

Re: Lakers v. Denver Breakdown

but kobe's defense on carmelo will shut up all that talk and he'll outshine the kid in 85% of this series..
    kobe's defense off of screens is horrible, and the nuggets do alot of that to get melo open. he doesnt fight through them well AT ALL, and whoever switches, dudes gunna take to the hole.. or spot up shoot.

R.I.P. Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Nick. View Post

but, dont expect the lakers or kobe to play the way they've played the last 2 series. your going to see the same lakers squad that won the number one seed in the west come out and instantly have that killer instinct.
    i betcha.
    they keep saying that every week and every game
    [YOUTUBE]EpRfxQI3Ofg[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    10-3
    Awards LLL HOF

carmelo is going to have to outplay kobe, regardless. and i dont see it happening. maybe billups AND carmelo together combined lol, but either way.. its going to be very interesting. and carlos.. its obvious the lakers only play when they want to/have to. dont expect them to play like they did in game 4 or 6 of the houston series in any game of this series.

Battle Record
    30-12

Slow down Melo you're killin em.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Gay... I guess Ill have to become a Nuggets fan in a couple months when I move.
    AI

Battle Record
    30-12

Jesus Christ we're not going to win if they get 2nd and 3rd chances and we keep missing from the stripe.

Battle Record
    30-12

ughhhh slow it down, you aren't going to win in a shoot out. . . fuckkk. Chauncey needs to come back in and control the tempo.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

looks like this will be a Good game... the nuggets need to slow it down and ge Melo going again
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-6

Melo is on fire man. i didn't think he'd come out like this. Phil Jackson is putting a lot of trust in Ariza to guard him. that could backfire tho

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

WTF is JR Smith doing? he's been horrible he needs to pick it up

Edit: maybe that 3 will get him going *hopes*
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; May 19th, 2009 at 11:02 PM
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-6

yo idk, the Lakers might lose this series

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

92-94...
    denver

Fuck, lakers are making some dumb plays

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

this is too close for my liking... come on Denver!!!

and I fucking love Melo's game.

Battle Record
    4-6

yo Melo is really impressing me right now