User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: FUCK Morehouse College

Battle Record
    5-3

FUCK Morehouse College

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- About 500 students will graduate Saturday from Atlanta's prestigious Morehouse College. One person who won't be there is Rashad Johnson, shot three times by a fellow student. But the shooter will receive his diploma -- part of a plea deal that spared him up to 20 years in prison.
    Joshua Brandon Norris was given a plea deal that avoided jail time and mandate he stay in college.

It's a puzzling case that raises a huge question: How can this be?

Even Atlanta's chief district attorney, Paul Howard, is outraged by the generous plea deal, an offer that was made by a prosecutor under his command.

"First of all, for the victim and his family, they deserved a better resolution," said Howard, a Morehouse graduate himself. "It seems like the wrong person got the right benefit."

Joshua Brandon Norris faced one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and a second count for possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. But in a court hearing in January, he was presented with what the judge described as "the break of your life." Video Watch Justice for all? »

He pleaded no contest to the first count; the second charge was dropped. He got six years of probation, a $1,000 fine and 240 hours of community service. He avoided any jail time, and the plea also mandated that he "remain in college and complete your college degree," according to court transcripts. The sentence was not the judge's idea, but he followed the prosecutor's recommendation.

Johnson, who still has a bullet in his left leg, says he wasn't told about the court hearing. When he learned of the plea deal, his reaction was: "He's gotta return to college? This criminal?"

Johnson's father died three months before the shooting. He had taken the semester off to grieve for his father, but remained in Atlanta and had planned to return to Morehouse the following semester. After the shooting, he went home to California to be with his mom and recover from his injuries.

His mother, Fahizah Johnson, said, "I am so disappointed because Morehouse has been an institution in my family for three generations."

"This guy shot my son three times, and he's still in school? He's still a student with other students?" she said. "I'm hurt for my son. I'm hurt for his dream deferred, but it's not over. And I'm thankful for his life and I'm thankful for his spirit."

The incident began at a Halloween party in 2007 at an Atlanta club, where Morehouse college kids had gathered for a bash. The club owner said he saw Norris causing trouble, and a bouncer threw him out the front door.
    Don't Miss

* AC360 blog
    * Blog: Was justice carried out?

Minutes later, the people in the club heard gunshots and everyone hit the floor. The club owner said the shooter was the man he saw kicked out.

Johnson told CNN that there was an altercation outside the club and that he exchanged words with Norris. He said he didn't think much of it, and he began walking to his car when Norris pulled up in his Hummer, got out of the vehicle and pointed a gun at his head.

"When he put the gun to my head, all I could think about was I'm not going to let this kid take me away from my mom, especially with what she's dealing with right now," Johnson said.

He said he grabbed Norris' wrist and pulled his arm down when shots rang out. "I felt the sharpest burning sensation when the first bullet hit my leg. It actually made my leg buckle," he said.

Norris would not go on camera with CNN, and neither would his attorney. But his lawyer said that at the time of the shooting, his client felt his life was threatened and was defending himself.

CNN also asked Morehouse officials to comment on why Norris was allowed back in school and asked if they ever talked about safety considerations involving other students there. The school had allowed Norris to return to classes, even before the plea was entered.

Morehouse refused to discuss the issue on camera. But in a written statement, the school said, "The college cannot comment on specific student conduct matters, incidents of inappropriate student behavior, whether on or off campus."

The assistant district attorney who made the plea deal could not be reached for comment. His boss, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard, said that the prosecutor of the case has resigned and that he would have been fired for his handling of this case. Howard feels a stiffer penalty was warranted.

"We are sorry this happened for so many reasons," Howard said. "When something like this happens, I am very upset by it."

He added, "It was an inappropriate sentence."
    advertisement

As for Johnson, he is attending Sacramento City College and plans to attend law school after he graduates in 2011. Johnson said he no longer wants to be a Morehouse man. The fact that Norris is graduating this weekend, he said, is an injustice.

"I really feel sick, like how could this happen," he said, fighting back tears

really.
    Morehouse can suck a bag of dicks.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    20-6

Re: FUCK Morehouse College

wow. so they allowed a shooter to come and graduate? NO JAIL TIME? he got the luckiest fucking break ever. he must be someone connected. or a snitch.
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

Battle Record
    12-1

Damn. I wish I could shoot someone and continue with my life normally.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

yeah, thats pretty disgusting.

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Watch the dumbfuck violate his probation and serve 20 years cuz after that kind of break he will be celebrating like mad. Or he'll get kicked out of school or something for bad grades.

Cannot believe this. I had to do more jail time for driving drunk than this guy did for shooting someone three times? Unbelievable judicial system we've got here.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

wow... i'm getting 3 months for driving suspended... he got community service and "forced" to go back to school and graduate for shooting someone... gotta love the justice system, huh?

Battle Record
    30-12

wtf Democrats. .

doesnotexist

Joshua? fuckin jew!

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I don't see where this is in the school's hands tho. If he avoided conviction with a no contest plea then they might not have the grounds to expel him for something that may or may not have happened. That prosecuter is an ass. The only reason I can see for doing that is that he didn't feel confident that they could prove to a jury that he did it. Definitely a sticky situation.

Battle Record
    16-4

Students can be and are kicked out of alot of universities for simple things like public intoxication let alone being suspected of shooting another student, even the fight that started before the shooting is enough reason for alot of universities to kick a student out.. Its not a court of law, its all subjective and up to the university officials ultimately.

I do not see how they would ever allow that student back into a classroom with other students.

Battle Record
    16-4

Wow@after reading more about this guy he is a piece of shit. With a track record of pulling weapons on people and beating his ex with a glass while he was on bond for this shooting. WOW@ this piece of shit getting off so easliy with the track record he has, just WOW.

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Engivale View Post
    Watch the dumbfuck violate his probation and serve 20 years cuz after that kind of break he will be celebrating like mad. Or he'll get kicked out of school or something for bad grades.

Cannot believe this. I had to do more jail time for driving drunk than this guy did for shooting someone three times? Unbelievable judicial system we've got here.
    it's cause your white son.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Dareall View Post
    Students can be and are kicked out of alot of universities for simple things like public intoxication let alone being suspected of shooting another student, even the fight that started before the shooting is enough reason for alot of universities to kick a student out.. Its not a court of law, its all subjective and up to the university officials ultimately.

I do not see how they would ever allow that student back into a classroom with other students.
    Universities definitely have hearings. No, they cant just kick you out of school for whatever reason they want. He would definitely have grounds to sue the school if 1) he wasn't proven guilty of the crime 2) he was court ordered to continue school and 3) the school decided to act against society's judgement and say he definitely did the crime.

I'm not saying he isn't a piece of shit. Just saying the school didn't have any other reason to let him graduate. You think this kid wouldn't go after the school if they kicked him out for something they can't prove that he did? They didn't keep him in school for no reason.

Battle Record
    16-4

Morehouse is a private institution, and I would bet that it states in their code of conduct, as it is in most student codes of conduct, they have a right to remove you from enrollment for nothing other then behavior unbecoming of what they feel their students should act.

And the hearings at colleges are not court houses, there is no strict standard of evidence. There would be nothing to sue against, he admitted in the court case that he shot the guy(Im reading the transcripts now), he released a statement admitting to shooting the guy, there is tons of witness' to him shooting the guy.

The only reason he got off on this shit is because a newbie prosecutor got assigned to the case and the idiot of a judge for the case is on some 'lets save all young black men' shit.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

How can he plead no contest if he admitted guilt?

And if they're not worried about a law suit then what other reason does the school have to keep him in school?

This whole thing doesn't add up at all. Why is the school, prosecution, and judge all giving him a pass on this?