Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 130

Thread: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    I'm tired of this argument. Yes it's true people last cause they have fans, SOMEONE likes them. But we are discussing greats. Britney spears has lasted as long or longer than bow wow, even came back from her train wreck.

But no one who REALLY knows music, considers Britney a GREAT. She is a superstar pop singer who was on top of the world but she isn't a great. I know people who know music and even like some songs by her, But they would never call her a great.

She isn't a Marry J blidge or Whitney Houston type. And Bow Wow isn't Jay-z or Nas.

I don't care what the average Fan thinks, this site isn't full of average fans, It's full of people who go beyond that, and that is who I'm talking to.
    The contests isn't for this fuckin site. Jesus Christ.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator™ View Post
    lol @ Opey liking Plies.. is that truth or a "pour salt in the wound" statement?
    Come on lol

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2

Quote Originally Posted by OpieM View Post
    Come on lol
    Hey if you like it you like it. Its a free country...& Vibe supports you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    7-1

iv told dyce this and i think he agrees

Wayne < BG

Old Wayne > new Wayne..

Plies < Violent Diarrhea at my grandmothers funeral

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus™ View Post
    lmao that's why I said in some ways... mainly the you don't think everyone here is an idiot for discussing rap on a rap forum... =/
    There's better shit to talk about than who Vibe did or didn't put on a list OBVIOUSLY compiled of fuckin mainstream pop stars.

If you want a real discussion about this then lets talk about why Vibe feels compelled to make this list the way they did, and why or why not they're justified in doing so. Lets talk about why people are gonna vote for Plies or Bow Wow over Monch, or why they're gonna vote for Eminem over 2Pac largely based on the fact that he has a new album dropping. Let's have a real hip hop discussion about real issues in the industry instead of random complaints and pot shots at rappers that any one of you would probably trade places with if you could.

If yall wanna play the "we're just hop hop connoisseurs discussing the detriments of the genre" role then conjure up a little intelligence and make it a discussion with some substance. Not saying you have to. It is the lounge after all. But If you don't want to then don't feel bad when a thinking man thinks you're fuckin idiots lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator™ View Post
    Hey if you like it you like it. Its a free country...& Vibe supports you!
    Well, that was the point I was making.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

There's better shit to talk about than who Vibe did or didn't put on a list OBVIOUSLY compiled of fuckin mainstream pop stars.

If you want a real discussion about this then lets talk about why Vibe feels compelled to make this list the way they did, and why or why not they're justified in doing so. Lets talk about why people are gonna vote for Plies or Bow Wow over Monch, or why they're gonna vote for Eminem over 2Pac largely based on the fact that he has a new album dropping. Let's have a real hip hop discussion about real issues in the industry instead of random complaints and pot shots at rappers that any one of you would probably trade places with if you could.
    If yall wanna play the "we're just hop hop connoisseurs discussing the detriments of the genre" role then conjure up a little intelligence and make it a discussion with some substance. Not saying you have to. It is the lounge after all. But If you don't want to then don't feel bad when a thinking man thinks you're fuckin idiots lol
    Where did I being the thread starter introduce a strict guideline for what was or was not to be discussed? I posted the bracket and little more in the original post and people said what they wanted to about whatever no one said you couldn't introduce that topic to this tread in fact it would have been within reason and would not have been out of place at the point you started randomly bitching so instead of bitching for a page and then telling us something you'd rather discuss that is relevant to the thread you could have just brought up the points you wanted and seen if anyone would agree or disagree or if you would spark a new convo within the thread. But instead you just pawned everyone off as idiots like your the only one who knows why the bracket is like this I'm sure we can all comprehend why it is the way it is.

and also no one here is attacking "Vibe" but the list is something to be discussed we can talk about who we'd like to see on a list and who we are fans of on it. If I'm not a fan of someone and who like to see someone else on why not talk about it? I'm sure vibe gets attention from people who see the list and think "awe man y'all ain't include ________ & got ________ on there?" thats generates a buzz too I'm sure. Like I'm sure this isn't the only Rap forum that has had this posted and has generated hits for vibes Website to view the bracket who may not other wise vist the site therefore making them money so They ain't mad we talking about it I'm sure they planned on it.
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; May 12th, 2009 at 12:26 AM
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?

Battle Record
    21-6

wtf at joe budden vrs Rakim

dammnnnnnn fuck
    [/url]

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

ok.....now it's obvious you are just being a spiteful faggot for no reason.

what was I thinking have a discussion about rap on a rap site. thats ludicrous. It is a tragedy that I gave my opinion on a list that was published to create discussion.
    I'm a spiteful faggot for pointing out how you contradicted yourself twice?? ok. Strange. I thought you were the fag. I guess you would know best.

*Prances thru a daisy field in Hosea's tutu*

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

shut the fuck up hypocrit.

When you see no lupe OH THATS RETARDED! NOW THATS RETARDED! NO LUPE! We'll guess what you don't represent hip hop, If lupe isn't on the list there is a reason! Vibe is beyond criticism from any hip hop fans. Their list is infallible. And I'm going to sit here and pretend any comment made on a list of greats means people can't listen to people if anymore cause someone said they werent great!
    Yea. You're right. I went on a crying rampage about Lupe not being on there. Or did I say this...

That IS dumb. He was on last years list. But again... it's an advertisement. He probably didn't buy in.
    No. I couldn't have said that he was on there last year so it's dumb that he wasn't on there this year. And I couldn't have offered up some insight as to why instead of being a big internet crybaby. NO NOOOO! THAT couldn't have happened. NO WAY. Not even close!!! WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/sarcasm]

Battle Record
    12-18

Hosea 'n Opey need to audio battle for 100 bucks.. they always arguing with eachother

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

want to show me where i said the list is for the site idiot? I said I AM here...on RB...discussing something posted here....on RB....in a forum made for people to discuss thing posted.....here....on RB

When people post albums here on RB....I give my opinion...here....on RB....

When people post up movies or comic books I give my opinion here.....on RB.

If you invent a way for me to talk to vibe people from RB I will gladly do that.

JEWISH ZOMBIE
    Oh oh oh I musta thought that you thought that this list was made for RB! What was I thinking!? I couldn't POSSIBLY have been pointing out the fact that you're using RB as the reason you're bitching about something that wasn't made for RB.

[/more sarcasm]

Seriously... you're bitching about Vibe not adhering to RB's definition of what a good rapper is. My question is... why should they??

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    Hosea 'n Opey need to audio battle for 100 bucks.. they always arguing with eachother
    lmao please...

1. He knows better.

2. He doesn't have $100.

3. He knows better.

You are all intellectually inferior. I am infallible! Now i must order you to cease and desist in your attempts to discuss me with opinions!

If you do not stop, I will be forced to send my cracker ass slave named Brian, to run around crying about the injustice of the internet populace and it's extremely evil opinions.

lmao please...

1. He knows better.

2. He doesn't have $100.

3. He knows better.
    Vibe says this is false. Don't worry why If Vibe says it is wrong, it's for a reason.