Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 130

Thread: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Re: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    I'm tired of this argument. Yes it's true people last cause they have fans, SOMEONE likes them. But we are discussing greats. Britney spears has lasted as long or longer than bow wow, even came back from her train wreck.

But no one who REALLY knows music, considers Britney a GREAT. She is a superstar pop singer who was on top of the world but she isn't a great. I know people who know music and even like some songs by her, But they would never call her a great.

She isn't a Marry J blidge or Whitney Houston type. And Bow Wow isn't Jay-z or Nas.

I don't care what the average Fan thinks, this site isn't full of average fans, It's full of people who go beyond that, and that is who I'm talking to.
    Word @ the last statment. One of the main reasons I'm hear, I'm tired of arguing with people who just think their right, with no possible way of gettin' through.

Battle Record
    7-1

I'm tired of this argument. Yes it's true people last cause they have fans, SOMEONE likes them. But we are discussing greats. Britney spears has lasted as long or longer than bow wow, even came back from her train wreck.

But no one who REALLY knows music, considers Britney a GREAT. She is a superstar pop singer who was on top of the world but she isn't a great. I know people who know music and even like some songs by her, But they would never call her a great.

She isn't a Marry J blidge or Whitney Houston type. And Bow Wow isn't Jay-z or Nas.

I don't care what the average Fan thinks, this site isn't full of average fans, It's full of people who go beyond that, and that is who I'm talking to.
    Fuck you, you're an idiot times infinity if you don't think Britney is the GOAT of pop.

let's see Mary J or Whitney shave their head, gain 60 lbs, grow their hair back, lose the weight, and still be the shit...... wait, then take Whitney out cause she did drugs and was with Bobby, but yeah. Fuck You in the a.

ps. "really knowing music" is still and opninion :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Augury™ View Post
    Word @ the last statment. One of the main reasons I'm hear, I'm tired of arguing with people who just think their right, with no possible way of gettin' through.
    so in some ways your like opposite Opey when it comes to why your here?
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    10-2

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus™ View Post
    so in some ways your like opposite Opey when it comes to why your here?
    I said that's one of the main reasons. The other reason is for music.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Augury™ View Post
    I said that's one of the main reasons. The other reason is for music.
    lmao that's why I said in some ways... mainly the you don't think everyone here is an idiot for discussing rap on a rap forum... =/
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?

Battle Record
    7-1

what if people text battled on cell phones?

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    10-2

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus™ View Post
    lmao that's why I said in some ways... mainly the you don't think everyone here is an idiot for discussing rap on a rap forum... =/
    Word. Everyone has an opinion. Get over it if you don't like it. lol. Or just argue it out..

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    what if people text battled on cell phones?
    My little cousin actually used to do that with his buddies in highschool..lol

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    7-1

Goat singer is different from being popular.

and no really knowing music isn't opinion. The average fan doesn't take any of the technical shit into consideration. The average music fan has no idea what went into the Dark Side Of The Moon album, that made musicians and serious music fans consider it a genius level piece of art.

a 12 year old girl may find britneys music catchy, but she doesn't understand why mary J blidge is a better vocalist. Some people hear a fast guitar solo and think OH BY GOLLGY GOSH but don't respect the more complex composition of some of the slower ones.
    lol, stupid johto I was just kidding, your face is all serious :hosea: and mine is all haha :hung:

Leave me alone

R.I.P. Marley

I got Nas vs Em in the final
    [YOUTUBE]EpRfxQI3Ofg[/YOUTUBE]

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2

Mainstream or not this list is pretty off.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

but see that's the thing, you ask the average radio listener, and they are going to weigh longevity in the mix "Jay been around, Wayne been around, Nas been around, they doin they thing" and they get points for just being relevant. I know is doesn't REALLY have anything to do with talent, but there is a reason certain people haven't just faded away, SOMEONE besides you finds them talented. I think Bow Wow has grown into talent, I am more likely to listen to his last 2 projects than anything before that, but can understand if someone says to me "yo Royce ain't hot, but that new Bow Wow joint is what's up" Royce is hot shit to me, Chamillionaire is hot shit to me, B.G. is hot shit to me, but I'm not gonna argue if Vibe doesn't make either of them greatest ever because that's not what the average listener likes.
    My sentiment exactly.

Battle Record
    7-1

lol, stupid johto I was just kidding, your face is all serious :hosea: and mine is all haha :hung:

=mike

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

why you gotta call everyone idiots? You are the only one doing what you are complaining about. This is was perfectly productive discussion amongst music fans, until you got a stick in your ass. You are acting high and mighty, You are calling names. You say no one can have opinion then you turn around and call me and others annoying idiots. You are doing everything you bitched about.

I never said the list cant have 100 instead of 50. I said Give me quality over quantity. If it's 100 great talented MCs great! the more the better. But I don't want to see trina in a discussion with Monch Jay and other truly talented legends.
    You don't represent rap fans. Period. If people are on the list, there's a reason for it. There are plenty of people that think who you like is wack and they like the people you think is wack. It's not Vibe's fault that they don't make the "Hosea List of Best Rappers Ever" get outta here. You just said you'd rather have 50 rappers on the list that you respect than have 100 that includes people you think suck, which is exactly what you're complaining about. So don't say "I dont care if there's 100 instead of 50." Yes you do. You just want the shit to cater to you. The world doesn't cater to you. I like plies. He's way better than Monch. I want him on the list. Deal with it.

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2

lol @ Opey liking Plies.. is that truth or a "pour salt in the wound" statement?