Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 130

Thread: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Vibe Best Rapper Ever Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    Where did anyone say they wanted a bunch of people no body has heard of? I don't remember seeing anyone say that. The level of popularity they went down to is fine. Guys like Monch and Canibus hover in that space between mainstream and underground, I wouldn't expect anything more underground than that.

The problem is, they have over 100 people, a lot are old school legends who suck by todays standards, and then there is others who are new, who I have never seen mentioned among the greats in my life. like B.G, MC Hammer, Bow Wow, O.D.B... Plies.. Trina....rick ross??????? Since when are any of them in G.O.A.T consideration?

They could have cut a lot of the trash and had a better more respectable list.
    I'm talking about gettin angry that there's a bunch of mainstream average rappers on there. They're on there because they're popular. It's a popularity contest. You're reading too much into the title of the contest. It should say "Most Popular Rapper Ever" instead.

And I was assuming that people bitching about whos on it had other people in mind to replace them. Otherwise you're just bitching about how big the list is, which is fuckin dumb. If the rapper sucks then he'll get beasted in the first round. If he's not on there then there's room for "aaawww that list was bias. They didn't even have Plies on there!! He woulda took it yo!!"

Battle Record
    30-12

Chris
    Brand New Smash Hit

Sleigh Bells Freestyle

Coming Soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MondoThugs

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Quote Originally Posted by OpieM View Post
    I won. 6-3

The way I see it... yea... there are better lyricists, but lyricism is only one part of being the GOAT. The reason I like mainstream cat like Jay-z or Eminem over emcees that are all about nonstop lyricism is because the rap giants are well-rounded. They know how to be great lyricists and at the same time, pioneer new sounds and appeal to the masses. I admire their success as much as their lyrical ability.
    I feel you. Word, you can't just be puttin' out good music, you have to be a pioneer of it also. So I see your standpoint, cause Jay is one of the smartest buisness men, period.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

I just figured I'd post this because for a list so massive that's supposed to name the "Best rapper ever" include bow wow and leave off dudes like Lupe who was the first person that came to mind as a much better rapper that didn't even make the list and who is also popular in his own right popular enough people wouldn't say "who the fuck?"

even if he wasn't if Vibe would put some people on the list and hey its their list they don't have to I'm not going to cry about it just figure it was worth being discussed, but if they did name some lesser knows who are dope and may have a right to be mentioned despite their lack of general awareness how would that hurt? It might make some people think who is this guy and look into their music which they may like. Fuck them for being content with just spitting out what they know people will like and not trying to push the boundaries of their subscribers knowledge, as a music publication they should try and be a little informative
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

aren't they in different brackets? that just shows you where the good hip hop is lol. I didn't look too close to the list but I assumed they did the brackets regionally.

And honestly, if you expect a magazine to be respected by musicians then you don't understand what magazines are and what purpose they serve. A magazine is a giant advertisement. their purpose is to get their advertisement to the masses. They're not out to be respected leaders of their niche.

All I'm saying is that people are complaining about something that would never be any other way. Let's start threads to ponder why the KKK said something racist or point out the fact that I like food.

I'm just growing seriously tired of the cynical negativity that is this site. EVERY fuckin thread just consists of a bunch of people bitching about something or each other. No one likes anything, and everyone has to have some elitist opinion about everything. It's gettin mad old. Truth is... if I didn't make money on this site I wouldn't even be here. The more I'm here the more pathetic people seem and I can't help but to point it out. Sorry for hating you all.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus™ View Post
    I just figured I'd post this because for a list so massive that's supposed to name the "Best rapper ever" include bow wow and leave off dudes like Lupe who was the first person that came to mind as a much better rapper that didn't even make the list and who is also popular in his own right popular enough people wouldn't say "who the fuck?"

even if he wasn't if Vibe would put some people on the list and hey its their list they don't have to I'm not going to cry about it just figure it was worth being discussed, but if they did name some lesser knows who are dope and may have a right to be mentioned despite their lack of general awareness how would that hurt? It might make some people think who is this guy and look into their music which they may like. Fuck them for being content with just spitting out what they know people will like and not trying to push the boundaries of their subscribers knowledge, as a music publication they should try and be a little informative
    word. I didn't even notice he's not on there. That IS dumb. He was on last years list. But again... it's an advertisement. He probably didn't buy in.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Well I'm serious about a lot of people on here making it there business to just be negative all the time. It's annoying. It's not fun to me. It's old. There's no break from it. It's not like when you joke around with friends. It's like having that friend that always has to be a naysayer. Yea it's kinda funny, but that kid is usually the only one. On this site, not being a naysayer is the minority. I mean, you can't even feel free to like wtf you like or think wtf you think on here without getting in pages of arguments with a bunch of people about it. I mean, who are you people to act like that? I feel like this site is just an outlet for a bunch of nobodies to sound important by cutting everything else down. I know this is a dumb thread to bust out into this argument over, but I've been sitting on this shit for awhile. Maybe I shouldn't care. And like I said, if I wasn't making money here I would leave like tons of other people have done. Most of the people I used to fuck with on here haven't even been here in a few years mainly because of the way yall act.

So basically, my only outlet is to naysay the naysayers. So that's what I gotta do to keep up with you annoying fucks lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

LMAO wtf! that's fantastic

Battle Record
    7-1

Opey is just hungry.

But a lot of this going to be just opinion unless you list EVERY rapper every and then start the rigorous voting from there. Like Mike says he doesn't think B.G. should be on the list, but I don't mind him because the guy has been dropping cds since he was 13, over 12 albums in his catalog, and coined a phrase that white people fell in love with "bling" So yeah, they are some obvious people who are not meshing into the ad they were going for, but also some of the people that some of you are saying should not be on their just because you don't like them, have reasons to be, Like Bow Wow. I can't really think of anyone else aside from B.G. and Lil Wayne, who has been rapping since childhood and maintained not only a solid fanbase, but decent albums that people enjoy. I mean even Lil Romeo is not strong anymore so the rappers who grew up in this system from pre-teenage years is very few.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

but wtf you want people to do? see a list full of bullshit and pretend it's all swell and dandy? Be positive over shit that doesn't deserve positivity?

here ill make you happy

90% of that list doesnt deserve a mention in the best rapper list BUT THE OTHER 10% OH MAN I RESPECT THEM! THOSE OTHER 10 ARE GREAT! im going to write vibe to let them know how happy i am with the other 10 instead of responding to what i actually see.
    No. Like I said... it's a silly thread to bring up the argument. I'm not saying people have to jock everything. But it IS ok to just not care for something and not need to make it appoint to complain about it. In this case it's dumb as shit to bitch about this. It's a fuckin list of the most popular rappers for everyone to vote on to see who likes who more. Who care's if there's 100 instead of 50? OH NOEZ itll last for one more round!! God help us! Lets all bitch and moan because Plies is a rapper!

I made my point about this shit. It's an advertisement. You idiots are sitting around bitching about an advertisement. Congrats lol

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    Opey is just hungry.

But a lot of this going to be just opinion unless you list EVERY rapper every and then start the rigorous voting from there. Like Mike says he doesn't think B.G. should be on the list, but I don't mind him because the guy has been dropping cds since he was 13, over 12 albums in his catalog, and coined a phrase that white people fell in love with "bling" So yeah, they are some obvious people who are not meshing into the ad they were going for, but also some of the people that some of you are saying should not be on their just because you don't like them, have reasons to be, Like Bow Wow. I can't really think of anyone else aside from B.G. and Lil Wayne, who has been rapping since childhood and maintained not only a solid fanbase, but decent albums that people enjoy. I mean even Lil Romeo is not strong anymore so the rappers who grew up in this system from pre-teenage years is very few.
    lmao I'm actually starving right now sitting in class. That IS contributing to my mood lmao

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    Opey is just hungry.

I actually like some shit bow wow does from time to time even though not enough to buy the CDs, and I was just using him as an example, of some one who really shouldn't be mentioned as the best rapper ever... there are tons of people on this list I love listening to that I don't think would ever be considered in the best rapper ever convo, I'm not really big on Eminem but I know why he's on the list and respect his skill I'm just trying to look at it objectively
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?

Battle Record
    7-1

I don't think who started at the youngest age has anything to do with who is most talented. Like i said mine is mostly based off who I think is most talented.

If you put Bow Wow and Monch on a stage together, and made the go head to head, Monch will come out on top in all technically aspects of rapping. If it's a list of most successful, I'd raise an eyebrow at Monch and be fine with Bow wow. But Best rapper to me means who has the best rapping ability. Lyrics, flow, delivery etc....asd evenw ith that, I still understand Monch will never be ranked as high as I rank him by any of these magazines.
    but see that's the thing, you ask the average radio listener, and they are going to weigh longevity in the mix "Jay been around, Wayne been around, Nas been around, they doin they thing" and they get points for just being relevant. I know is doesn't REALLY have anything to do with talent, but there is a reason certain people haven't just faded away, SOMEONE besides you finds them talented. I think Bow Wow has grown into talent, I am more likely to listen to his last 2 projects than anything before that, but can understand if someone says to me "yo Royce ain't hot, but that new Bow Wow joint is what's up" Royce is hot shit to me, Chamillionaire is hot shit to me, B.G. is hot shit to me, but I'm not gonna argue if Vibe doesn't make either of them greatest ever because that's not what the average listener likes.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    7-1

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus™ View Post
    I actually like some shit bow wow does from time to time even though not enough to buy the CDs, and I was just using him as an example, of some one who really shouldn't be mentioned as the best rapper ever... there are tons of people on this list I love listening to that I don't think would ever be considered in the best rapper ever convo, I'm not really big on Eminem but I know why he's on the list and respect his skill I'm just trying to look at it objectively
    yea, see I can understand why Em would be at the top, but I personally can't get into his music after a couple of listens because I don't relate to his material, and I know a ton of people who feel that way, but at the same time the all agree he's got a guap of skill.

Leave me alone

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Basically, it's who has the biggest/worst stans. And that goes for Pac, Em, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Canibus (won't make it far, but he has some of the worst stans, if they're on his nuts they think he's God and untouchable.) Also, if Kris Cain was up there he'd make it far cause of his stans.