Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Dre Mack "Broken Halo Promo" LP Review

Battle Record
    12-18

Dre Mack "Broken Halo Promo" LP Review

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=660106

This is a RB regular Dre Mack, for his new promo LP, it's pretty sick

1. I am the D: The beat is ok, not the dopest beat. It kicks in pretty grimey. Dre Mack starts to spit fast, it's pretty solid can hear everything clear good way to start this shit off. As it slows down it really starts to get into the track, the chorus is aight. Overall a good vibe, decent outro. 7/10

2. Lets Take a Ride: I like this beat its pretty sick. The chorus is more catchy overall too. Dre Mack spits consitant throughout. I'm feeling this song it's got a good vibe, overall solid song here. 7/10

3. Demons: This type of shit is personally my type of shit. Demons, this song is about demons. The chorus is pretty ill straight up. I'm digging the beat on top of that. Flow was all good. The verses could maybe be a bit louder I can't fully understand 100% clear. Overall tho I like the way this track was delivered. 8/10

4. Live & Learn: The intro was give or take. It kicks in good tho, makes you want to listen. Feeling the lyrics:
    "Niggas pullin shady shit & wonder what the problem is, The problem is I dunno who phony & my partnas is"
    "On the grind tryin to hustle for dollas, now who my real niggas is I need that knowledge"
    Delivery & flow is on point. This song gives off a real feel & a good vibe. 8/10

5. Breakin me down: This is a slower song. The beat is nice. The voice meshes in with the feel for this song. Theese aren't my type of songs so for what this song is it did a good job of. You can tell the realness in it more than big names who do songs like this. Overall it comes out smooth & is pretty good for the type of song this is. I digg the chorus & the feel. 7/10

6. Back to the Hood: Instantly felt the vibe of this shit; beat, flow, delivery, feel. Overall in terms of quality & start to finish the strongest song for enjoyment so far. I can tell this style is 1 of Dre Macks stronger styles to bring to the table. 9/10

7. Drug Dealer Interlude: Check this LP out to judge for yourself.

8. That's Gangsta: First song I heard on the CD, on rap songs. I don't think anyone on this site who likes rap can dislike this song. This song is lyrically a bit stand out in the CD. The chorus is great. 1 line really stands out to me:

"& I see this cold world we swirl smokin on this philly, starvin out here for real thats how I got skinny, no weight watchers just wait watchin, waitin & watchin what kinda weight he coppin"

This song is the banger on this LP. It's got a G vibe like the title says. 9.5/10

9. Squinty Eyes: A blazing song. The beat fits. The flow & delivery is laid back. Everything ud expect in a blaze song. Lyrically it's all good. There is a long pause, there is no hook/chorus in this song. The vibe all matches the song as well. 7/10

10. Stress Releif: Beat is good, & chorus is pretty dope. Another mellow vibeing track. Overall it sounds good from start to finish, it's not my type of song but again for what it is it was good. 8/10

11. The Life Game ft. Illegitamate Voices: Beat has a mellow cool vibe to it. Illegit kicks in first & he's definately pretty sick, his flow is nice lyrics sick too. Chorus is very catchy & dope on a gritty level. Mack got the flow down for this song.. his verse is really good & standout here. This whole song is REALLY dope IMO overall a sick song definately check this. 9/10

12. A Toast: Beat is very suttle starting off. Man Mack keeps impressing so far, his starting verse was on point like usual with up to par lyrics. Chorus is catchy like usual also. 2nd verse has some deep moments in it. 3rd verse was a good closure to this song. Overall this song doesn't dissapoint, strongly made start to finish. 9/10

13. Same Ol Shit: Chorus is mad dope on this song. Macks lyrics flow perfect on this & are sick. Last part of this LP has been fire so far. Macks got a undeniable flow that hits hard on every song, this song was just made an example of that. 9.5/10

14. Mary Jane: Macks flow on this is pretty dope, it's got alot of speed in it mixed with a slowness, it fits really nice with this beat. Lyrics aren't the strongest on this but they are on point along with the delivery. The chorus is pretty catchy, not as strong as some of the other tracks but its aight. 2nd verse was pretty dope liked it more than 1st. 7/10

15. Tru Story: Starts off with a chorus seeming flow, it's steady & on point with the beat. The chorus is dope on this 1. Mack is definately sick at making a good real street song. Overall this song is enjoyfull start to finish it's not stand out in this LP but its solid. 8/10

16. Get Low ft. Kash Klay & That Guy: Chorus on this is all good, not my perferred style but its dope. Not sure who the first guy is kash or that guy but he fits the beat well. The next guy comes a bit stronger & Mack comes in & outshines them both respectively. Overall this song was ok but a few songs on this LP do outshine this 1. 7/10

17. Hood Tales Pt. 1: Feeling the beat & the lyrics/delivery meshing instantly on this. Chorus fits this nicely. It starts off telling a story like the title, lyrically is entertaining. This songs story is sick for this song, it all fits nicely, this song is dope & 1 of the standout songs on this CD. 8.5/10

18. Dice Game (skit): Check this LP out to judge for yourself.

19. There He Go ft. Dsk & Chize Capone: This song has a strong southern style to it from the beat to the multiple flows on the song. Mack spits on point to the beat like expected of him. The chorus is ok & helps the feel of the song, it's not very catchy tho. I'm not sure besides Mack who is who but they both fit on this song nicely. Mack has the strongest verses in this but overall everyone on this was solid. 7.5/10

I rate every CD different, & overall I think Dre Mack has a good range of songs & styles, he REALLY has many versatile styles on this LP & all are pulled of ON POINT. This is a pretty well put together LP. It's got a range of everything in it. Check it out if you never heard Dre Mack before, there is atleast a few songs for everyone to vibe too I beleive. Some songs are stronger than others, but not 1 single song reaches a low point & the standout songs really do STANDOUT

THIS IS DEFINATELY WORTH CHECKING OUT
    Overall 8.5/10
    Last edited by Tebo; April 16th, 2009 at 05:11 PM

Battle Record
    15-0

Re: Dre Mack - Broken Halo Promo LP

I have only heard track 8, he's got skill. I HATE "gangsta" tracks, but this is on point.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    12-18

bump. My honest word as a reveiwer... check this LP out it is actually pretty dope

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tebo View Post
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=660106

THIS IS DEFINATELY WORTH CHECKING OUT
    Overall 8.5/10
    i second that notion

download my shit
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    10-2

Fuckin' wack.

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

^lol fuk u
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

Battle Record
    10-2

Nah but on the real, shit is crack.

Battle Record
    14-6

track 8.. i have that same track.. fah some time.. props on the tracks tho.. good listen..

DOPESPOTENTERTAINMENT
    "...bringing slavery back,since '06"
    [YOUTUBE]Bk77Z00AZE8[/YOUTUBE]

I see you lookin.. stupid Brandon Heat's Avatar
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    I have only heard track 8, he's got skill. I HATE "gangsta" tracks, but this is on point.
    I hate shit I have no clue about too... lmao...
    AlieNation
    ..GrindHouse..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

we see you Cock-A-Roaches looking...

Coming Soon

Banned
    Battle Record
    25-15

put your shit on datpiff so i can download it, I'm not going to download everysong individually.

You've Earned a Custom Title! cALiiM3's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

how do i download it
    cALiiM3
    Get Money Mafia- Only Da Realist

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GET WIT IT!
    SIX OH TRE

Battle Record
    10-2

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
    put your shit on datpiff so i can download it, I'm not going to download everysong individually.

Damn, do you like Kanye?

And you can listen without download.

Battle Record
    12-18

bump

Battle Record
    1-1

listening to this right now..i'll read the review when i'm done listening..
    the intro is aight so far..

i know this'll be pretty dope..dre mack is nice..

[YOUTUBE]huERok8y-Oo[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    0-2

sick shit fams mad props!

GFX/WEB DESIGN - MIXING/MASTERING - VIDEO EDITING/TYPOGRAPHY

[soundclick]9864916[/soundclick]