Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: midi controller?

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

midi controller?

so i got reason and fancy makin beats.
    do i need a midi controller?
    if so what features do i look for when buying one?

edit

is the maudio oxygen 49 any good?
    i think thats around the most i wanna spend
    Last edited by Big Question; February 7th, 2009 at 05:20 PM

Battle Record
    24-10

Re: midi controller?

oh yeah, thanks for the advice
    i got the oxygen 8 anyhow...
    ta

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

good choice.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!

Battle Record
    24-10

haha. i didnt really have no choice tho coz it was i could afford really. plus it`ll be a long while before i outgrow it given im a complete noob. plus i have no room for anything bigger, this fits on my comp desk nicely.plus i can sell it for what i paid for it if i ever upgrade. plus it was cheap. plus im defending my purchase.

hey but on a different note, i tried rewirin reason & audition and the shitty asio drivers wont work in more than one app at a time so its back to stocksoundcard if i need to use rewire, which im not sure if i do.

lol, man...i'm gettin the oxygen pretty soon too..
    i like that one... for portability.

we be using this one right at my house..
    lol just got into the beat makin

http://www.audiolines.com/product.php?productid=20620

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Big Question View Post
    haha. i didnt really have no choice tho coz it was i could afford really. plus it`ll be a long while before i outgrow it given im a complete noob. plus i have no room for anything bigger, this fits on my comp desk nicely.plus i can sell it for what i paid for it if i ever upgrade. plus it was cheap. plus im defending my purchase.

hey but on a different note, i tried rewirin reason & audition and the shitty asio drivers wont work in more than one app at a time so its back to stocksoundcard if i need to use rewire, which im not sure if i do.
    1. Oxygen 8 is pretty nice for what it is. I have one. I use it mostly for traveling.

2. ASIO drivers aren't shitty. They're the drivers you absolutely want to use at all times.

3. When rewiring, you're only using the master program's audio drivers. You think studios have to use their shitty built in soundcard instead of their expensive studio equipment when rewiring? lol come on.

Battle Record
    24-10

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    1. Oxygen 8 is pretty nice for what it is. I have one. I use it mostly for traveling.

2. ASIO drivers aren't shitty. They're the drivers you absolutely want to use at all times.

3. When rewiring, you're only using the master program's audio drivers. You think studios have to use their shitty built in soundcard instead of their expensive studio equipment when rewiring? lol come on.
    lol, actually thats where your wrong smartass, the asio drivers for my interface (lexicon lambda) are shitty. usually when opening two programs say youtube at the same time as audition you just cant do it. this particaular asio only works in 1 program at a time (i dunno if thats the case with all asio drivers?)
    And yeah i presumed audition would be the prog using the driver and so it would work in rewire, but it doesnt...i suspect other drivers will work but from researchin it on the web it looks as tho im not the only one with this problem with the lamda asio. so to conclude this asio is shitty

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

That's how all ASIO drivers work lmao. That's why a lot of recording programs have an option like "release driver when program is inactive."

You probably don't know how to rewire. If you're successfully rewiring with the stock soundcard drivers and not the ASIO drivers then update your drivers or use ASIO4ALL. But The Lexicon Lambda is definitely Rewire compatible.

Battle Record
    12-4

what is the point of rewire?
    Violent Wordz.. "Violence is the answer."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shawn killed this shit, I had to bury it.. get at it..
    [soundclick]7330100[/soundclick]

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

It allows you to stream the audio channels from one program into another and sync the sessions so they play together. Reason has the biggest "reason" for doing this, which is probably why they invented the technology. Reason has no audio input or plugin support. It's pretty much useless for mixing. So rewiring the channels from Reason into a program like Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, or Audition allows you to record instruments and vocals, edit, and mix the entire song while still preserving the Reason session so that can still be edited as well.

Basically, it allows you to use several programs at the same time to create one song.

Battle Record
    24-10

That's how all ASIO drivers work lmao. That's why a lot of recording programs have an option like "release driver when program is inactive."

You probably don't know how to rewire. If you're successfully rewiring with the stock soundcard drivers and not the ASIO drivers then update your drivers or use ASIO4ALL. But The Lexicon Lambda is definitely Rewire compatible.
    yeah i know about the release driver option, but it wont do it with this driver, it never has done, i have to quit 1 prog completely before it will release.
    i have asio4all and that works but only with the stocksoundcard, ive just tried it. i am also using the latest lambda asio driver. and no lol i dont know how to rewire but ive spent the last 3 hours learnin lol. like i said i got it workin with stock card and ive read on other forums the lambda driver is known to have these problems...so i dunno then lol.

Battle Record
    24-10

btw is it possible to edit the midi in audition?, i mean theres no waveforms (i undersand its not sound) but could you still edit the midi data somehow?

Battle Record
    12-4

It allows you to stream the audio channels from one program into another and sync the sessions so they play together. Reason has the biggest "reason" for doing this, which is probably why they invented the technology. Reason has no audio input or plugin support. It's pretty much useless for mixing. So rewiring the channels from Reason into a program like Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, or Audition allows you to record instruments and vocals, edit, and mix the entire song while still preserving the Reason session so that can still be edited as well.

Basically, it allows you to use several programs at the same time to create one song.
    word i'mma have to look into that..
    Violent Wordz.. "Violence is the answer."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shawn killed this shit, I had to bury it.. get at it..
    [soundclick]7330100[/soundclick]