User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 339

Thread: Abortion

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: Abortion

You can't kill your conjoined twin because he's an inconvenience to you, and a lot of times they actually share organs.
    Incredibly dope point. Although some people try to claim the baby isn't alive or doesn't have a "soul" until it breaths it's first breath.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Awards Haiku Season Champion

im not gonna call the N.O.W. troops in and rally the my body my choice army, but i do find it amusing that most of the opinions in this thread will come from men. i'm actually not some raging pro-abortion activist.... i am pro-choice, because i'm not going to decide for someone else. i think each situation is different and the only people that should be determining the judgment in the situation are ones involved in it.

two people agreeing to have sex... with or without a condom... (because we all know things happen and they arent 100% reliable) are equally responsible for the act, so they should be equally responsible for the outcome.

but... when two people agree to have sex, and the woman gets pregnant... but neither want to be parents... who is more likely to take off? the woman or the man? outside of an equal share of chromosomes, who has more invested?

It depends on the mother for food and shelter just like it's going to for the next 18 or so years.
    my point exactly... why didnt you say parents? semantics? or are we conditioned to believe the responsibility for the child rests mainly on the mother? and if that is so, why should the choice be as equal for the father?

i'm not gonna argue the morality side because i think that's ultimately up to the person or persons involved and they have to define their own morals.. but i will argue that the woman should have more say in the decision.

and i dont know if any of that made sense. but yeah. i'm tired and dont feel like arguing.
    ArtificialIntelligence

TNL
    ps... abi punchlines are played

Battle Record
    12-1

im not gonna call the N.O.W. troops in and rally the my body my choice army, but i do find it amusing that most of the opinions in this thread will come from men. i'm actually not some raging pro-abortion activist.... i am pro-choice, because i'm not going to decide for someone else. i think each situation is different and the only people that should be determining the judgment in the situation are ones involved in it.
    But see, I agree with pro-choice. I think abortion should remain legal(not partial-berth). I'm on your side, but the excuse is still bullshit.

Anyone remember this case when a lady wanted a child and got pregnant. Then decided she didn't want it but the father did. The baby ended up dead, while the father was in court to fight for the baby's life. That was complete bullshit. They decided to have a baby and she hid behind this "my body" bullshit to merk the baby. It's just a retarded excuse, and also give absolutly no rights to the father of the child.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    But see, I agree with pro-choice. I think abortion should remain legal(not partial-berth). I'm on your side, but the excuse is still bullshit.

Anyone remember this case when a lady wanted a child and got pregnant. Then decided she didn't want it but the father did. The baby ended up dead, while the father was in court to fight for the baby's life. That was complete bullshit. They decided to have a baby and she hid behind this "my body" bullshit to merk the baby. It's just a retarded excuse, and also give absolutely no rights to the father of the child.
    i agree, that's totally bullshit. which is why this topic isn't one that can really be debated because each situation is different.

i see your point... i do... especially given that situation above. but at the same time, if we had sex and i got pregnant... and WE decided to have the child... at 6 months you can choose to walk away. i cant.
    ArtificialIntelligence

TNL

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

"have a baby by me baby be a millioniare"
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

You know the significance of abortion being legal is that it is done by professionals, who are medically licensed, to handle the procedure correctly.

When it was illegal, many women died because of bad doctors, good doctors would lose their practices for trying to help people and perform abortions, it was a real big mess of surgery done wrong.

Or, the women would try to do it to themselves since they couldn't find someone to do it legally.

See: The Cider House Rules by John Irving

I think that's the principle matter of it being legal - morally, maybe I don't agree, but, like abi said, it's to the individuals in the situation, but if I'm involved, I would not want the girl to have an abortion.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

doesnotexist

this is another one of those things where people start to analyze way too deep and come up with stupid analogies to push what they feel on others....

opey will come and tell my aunt what to do with the fetus in her stomach

it sounds stupid as hell

lololol @ its not a womans body

now you'll say something like my gf shouldnt be able to abort my fetus without me! well yea that fuckin sucks what a bitch......but that shouldnt be a legal thing...it should be like cheating..a moral personal thing..that bitch did me wrong i blame her

but i dont want abortion or cheating for that matter to be illigeal

"have a baby by me baby be a millioniare"
    1. no.
    2. its not even a money issue. i make enough to support a family with or without a man... but financial contribution is only a small part of what it takes to be a parent.

Quote Originally Posted by Engivale View Post
    When it was illegal, many women died because of bad doctors, good doctors would lose their practices for trying to help people and perform abortions, it was a real big mess of surgery done wrong.

Or, the women would try to do it to themselves since they couldn't find someone to do it legally.

See: The Cider House Rules by John Irving
    good point. my IE poem was actually about that a few weeks ago. one way or another, it will happen.
    ArtificialIntelligence

TNL

Battle Record
    12-1

Quote Originally Posted by abiona View Post
    i agree, that's totally bullshit. which is why this topic isn't one that can really be debated because each situation is different.

i see your point... i do... especially given that situation above. but at the same time, if we had sex and i got pregnant... and WE decided to have the child... at 6 months you can choose to walk away. i cant.
    I don't see it that way. I'd still have to pay. I wouldn't have to see it, but the same goes for you. You could give it up for adoption and neither of the parents would have to see the kid or pay. Women make all the choices. The father has almost no weight in the legal system when it comes to children.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Abi, fuck it. Lets not fight. I'll father your abortion. XOXOXOXO
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Abi, fuck it. Lets not fight. I'll father your abortion. XOXOXOXO
    deal.

if we had e-babies... i'd let you choose whether or not to delete them. thats how much i adore you
    ArtificialIntelligence

TNL

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

I support aborting chris and abiona's e-babies.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

i think it's partly about money.

"nobody has to take care of this but me!!!!!!!!!!"

of course some will females won't come out and say it's about money, or just a drain on they resources and time and some will say it's other things like just having to be there to help a child form their identity and blah blah.

but what good reasons can anybody come up with for aborting a kid???

maybe if the pregancy endangers the life of the mother.

but really what else is a good reason???

the whole i'm not ready she not ready shit i don't buy neither.

i can't think of any valid ones that'd make say yea it's okay to kill a seed. i was pro-choice years ago, but with adoption and other things available it really just seems like a waste.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

doesnotexist

Quote Originally Posted by King Adi-Das View Post
    i think it's partly about money.

"nobody has to take care of this but me!!!!!!!!!!"

of course some will females won't come out and say it's about money, or just a drain on they resources and time and some will say it's other things like just having to be there to help a child form their identity and blah blah.

but what good reasons can anybody come up with for aborting a kid???

maybe if the pregancy endangers the life of the mother.

but really what else is a good reason???

the whole i'm not ready she not ready shit i don't buy neither.

i can't think of any valid ones that'd make say yea it's okay to kill a seed. i was pro-choice years ago, but with adoption and other things available it really just seems like a waste.
    wow seriosly? seriosly you asked that? lol.

the list of reasons is as huge as the list of reasons for wanting or not wanting anything else.

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

Das, you've lost your way and entered intellectual discussions. Press the back button on your browser and left click the link that says, "The Lounge."

A.I.