User Tag List

Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 46 to 60 of 763

Thread: Soccer

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: Soccer/Football

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phantom View Post
    i'm not being funny but americans favourite sports are usually the ones no other country in the world really gives a shit about.

like american football, baseball, hockey n basketball (to a certain extent). oh n wrestling lol but that gets a little love over here when ur younger

what i mean is soccer dominates popularity in the majority of the rest of the world surely

football (soccer) must be the biggest sport in the world though right?

ps. usa mens team are shockingly shit at football. are they ever in the world cup?

You don't have to life our sports. They're our sports. Brits may not like Baseball, Hockey and Basketball, but the rest of the world does along with us.

Even if they didn't, it wouldn't matter. . . just look at football. We don't care what you all think of it. We still play it more than anything else. It's the most watched thing here, by far. You don't have to like it, it's ours.

Battle Record
    1-1

Cuth no disrespect but playing in an American gym is a lot different to playing on Hackney marshes.

Also, it's not a contact sport? Wow... and i'm ignorant lol? You're allowed to go through a player aslong as you get the ball first, you can kick him in the air, aslong as you get the ball first, you're also allowed to shoulder barge and use your body to back into people.... i'm not going to show clips because that's just something a 4 year old does... but if you think football is a non contact sport you're either deluded or watch Arsenal every week lol.

Basketball is not a contact sport
    Baseball is not a contact sport
    Cricket is not a contact sport
    Golf is not a contact sport

Football, is.

edit;

On the rest of the world sports thing, Baseball in Europe is not popular at all, or Australia, or Africa.

Baseball = Americas + Japan.
    Last edited by Eliab Harvey; January 10th, 2009 at 09:39 AM

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by rosu View Post
    Cuth no disrespect but playing in an American gym is a lot different to playing on Hackney marshes.

Also, it's not a contact sport? Wow... and i'm ignorant lol? You're allowed to go through a player aslong as you get the ball first, you can kick him in the air, aslong as you get the ball first, you're also allowed to shoulder barge and use your body to back into people.... i'm not going to show clips because that's just something a 4 year old does... but if you think football is a non contact sport you're either deluded or watch Arsenal every week lol.

Basketball is not a contact sport
    Baseball is not a contact sport
    Cricket is not a contact sport
    Golf is not a contact sport

Football, is.

edit;

On the rest of the world sports thing, Baseball in Europe is not popular at all, or Australia, or Africa.

Baseball = Americas + Japan.

I watch soccer bro. .i'm not saying i'm some expert or anything, but nothing happens in a soccer game (or at least rarely) that would make me say that it's a contact game. Same with basketball and baseball, yeah, maybe once a game a or two a catcher gets rolled by someone running into home or someone gets blocked too hard and crashes to the court. Just because there is touching doesn't mean it's a contact sport.

I'm not saying it's bad, either, so please don't get defensive. It's just not a game built around hitting each other, or even hurting each other for that matter. It's a finesse game, which is totally fine. There's nothing wrong with it. But when I think of contact sport i'm thinking football, hockey, rugby etc. . . you think soccer honestly belongs in that same category? nah. . it's more like basketball, where touching does happen and every now and then someone takes a physical shot, but for the most part it's a showcasing for athletes to make posters out of each other.

Battle Record
    38-14
    Awards 25+ Wins

true euro's dont like baseball lol im a doger fun but ehhh to me baseball overall is just boring

Battle Record
    21-6

yo cuthbert...i agree what your saying its illegal to contact...

but....

not as every sport..where american football/basketball ya go back and watch the replays and shit and turn over fouls...

soccer if your playin on the field..its no way the ref is goin to see every player throughout the whole game...

Corner kicks.=the opposing team's players...grab you by the shirt...pull ur face...elbow you...try all crazy stunts so you wont get across that ball....does the ref see it...hmmm about 60% of times they dont catch it..

you'll always have a player around you....but the ref is lookin at the player runnin with the ball/or wherever the ball is located at...

so the guy around you would taunt you/pull you by the face/all crazy shit just to fuck with you

.....when you are runnin next to a defender chasin a loose ball...they put all their body weight to bump you off....some of them would grab you by the neck....sometimes the ref fails to blow it

....overall the sport is contact but it is illegal when the ref catches it...but he doesn't catch half of the shitz that happens on the pitch..
    [/url]

You've Earned a Custom Title! Chappy's Avatar

I play it when I can, although I'm more into boxing now, (participating wise).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    21-6

[youtube]TThOST09haY[/youtube]
    [/url]

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano Ronaldo View Post
    [youtube]TThOST09haY[/youtube]

80% of that wasn't even playing the game and or could've been avoided. It wasn't apart of the game. I could post the video of Ron Artest going into the stands and punching dudes in the face or a baseball dugout clearing out or whatever but they're still finesse sports.

Battle Record
    21-6

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthbert Cottington III View Post
    80% of that wasn't even playing the game and or could've been avoided. It wasn't apart of the game. I could post the video of Ron Artest going into the stands and punching dudes in the face or a baseball dugout clearing out or whatever but they're still finesse sports.
    all i'm sayin the game is tough and is alot of contact....

alot of dirty players out there

you ask the ref why he didnt blow the whistle...and sometimes you'll get on their bad side...and fuck...then you are really screwed.......they wont call shit....
    [/url]

You've Earned a Custom Title! KaiserSoze's Avatar
    Battle Record
    9-9

i played high school football and personally i still think soccer is the best sport in the world. its fast paced and theres no fucken huddling or waiting for bitches to pitch a ball for like 10 minz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he never existed

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
    i played high school football and personally i still think soccer is the best sport in the world. its fast paced and theres no fucken huddling or waiting for bitches to pitch a ball for like 10 minz.

lol that's cool man, no one is arguing soccer vs. football, though.

I was just saying that it's not a physical sport by nature.

I really hate people Mic Dareall's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-4

I can't watch soccer. I don't see how anyone thinks its fast paced. To me its like watching baseball or golf. Slow and boring to watch.

[YOUTUBE]9QCvMp0rSxU[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    30-12

Quote Originally Posted by Mic Dareall View Post
    I can't watch soccer. I don't see how anyone thinks its fast paced. To me its like watching baseball or golf. Slow and boring to watch.

It isn't that fast pace, to be honest. . . and depending on position, they do a lot of standing around and walking. But when there is a break, it's very interesting, and some of those guys skill with the ball is insane to watch.

Battle Record
    1-1

You're kidding right? :/

I'm not gonna do the whole football vs football thread because I love them both.

Battle Record
    1-1

A Billion people from 202 countries are watching Manchester United vs Chelsea right now.