User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Tagging a beat

Battle Record
    12-1

Tagging a beat

What do you think is the best method to doing this. I was going to go with the classic record a tag and put it all over the beat, but then I was thinking I could just put a rapper/singer over it(remix style).

What is the best method. What do you do?
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Banned
    Battle Record
    1-0

Re: Tagging a beat

If you want rappers to rap on your beat (free, promotional use only), then keep the tag very minimal. (I only do 2) If you just want to show your beat to people, I'd prefer a nice remix. However, if you want to do your own thing, then tag every here and there. I wouldn't say all over the beat cause that could get pretty annoying. (Unless if it's a sick tag like WareProductions did once)

Battle Record
    12-1

I don't want any rapper to download and rap over them.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

its inevitable. if your shit is streaming on the net, people can downlaod it

only thing you could really do is make the file real low quality or put a full speech over each track. like record a 3 minute tag. or just cop one of bush's rambling rants about some gay shit and jus throw it over it
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Depends on why you want to upload them on the net

Battle Record
    5-3

just upload a preview or a snippet in a lower quality if you dont want anyone to rap on it, or dont upload it at all, and deaal with customers using a differenct source than soundclick. Soundclick isnt the only way to sell tracks.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Nor is it the best way.

word, if u wanna produce work on finding talent that would work well with your instrumentals...
    thats the best way to insure that you can guide it in the right direction (or the direction you want) also theres less chance of being ripped off if u have a good person to person relationship with the artist... contracts are better tho of course
    i have never put up a good instrumental of mine streaming by itself, fuck that, people just record it thru audacity and u never see a cent

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

People downloading your song and recording over it should be the least of your worries. Those people aren't going to make any money off of your shitty MP3 quality sample. You should be more concerned with people that know how to make money off of other people's shit. They're going to listen to what you did and recreate it. You most likely won't be able to do anything about it, and no tag in the world is going to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    People downloading your song and recording over it should be the least of your worries. Those people aren't going to make any money off of your shitty MP3 quality sample. You should be more concerned with people that know how to make money off of other people's shit. They're going to listen to what you did and recreate it. You most likely won't be able to do anything about it, and no tag in the world is going to save you.
    both can happen and both make your original material unoriginal to people who have heard it (the ripped off version)... ive seen this happen both ways, and ur right its worse when someone knows what their doing and simply nitpicks out the details they like about ur beat and then recreate it, because they own that free and clear
    but people mixtape like crazy these days and i believe thats one of the reasons soundclicks beat prices are so low, besides the competition.... they just want 1 sale for the 10 people that just ripped their shit off, ive never bought shit off soundclick and i would never because even if its exclusive sooo many people hear it and dl it, its just not new to people in the internet music circuit
    what im trying to say is soundclick has its uses, and putting your gems up there is not one of them, you should only showcase that to potential buyers or unskillified friends

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Honestly, I wouldn't put anything up there that I wasn't ok with handing out for free. And I wouldn't put anything up there that's not up to the standard of music that I make. First thing I do when I meet someone talking about doing business with me is google their name and see what material they have on the net. If they're putting BS on the net and holding onto their good material then they just lost business for no good reason.

tis why i always do something over my beats before i even give any kind of net access to them
    and by do something i mean a song