User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Showing results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: 808 & heartbreaks Versus Graduation?..

Battle Record
    30-12

Re: 808 & heartbreaks Versus Graduation?..

wtf why did I download this shit if all he does is sing like a faggot with autotune on every track?

god damnit kanye

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Alright... before I never return to this site again... seeing people I respect call some wack shit good...

What THE fuck is good about this 808 album? Please clue me in so I can start liking it. To me this shit was so bad it should've never hit shelves. So please... enlighten me here.

And I'm being 100% serious.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    Alright... before I never return to this site again... seeing people I respect call some wack shit good...

What THE fuck is good about this 808 album? Please clue me in so I can start liking it. To me this shit was so bad it should've never hit shelves. So please... enlighten me here.

And I'm being 100% serious.
    i can't put it into words.

not saying it's dope, besides the production anyway.

but it's okay i kinda feel how you said 3/4 geniunely good tracks.

i like ummm coldest winter of course, heartless, paranoid and on the days i'm feeling particularly emo knightmare with lil wayne, and i mainly like it cuz of wayne's part, kanye's verse actually pisses me off on there. the echoes just got annoying as hell.

is it me or is that track a lil homo????

like just a smidge of that queer eye guy's swag is on that track?

you prolly weren't talkin to me, but i just wanted to drop my two cents.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

this whole album is fuckin emo and borderline homo to me. I can't see this as anything but a broken man acting out after his mother's death and his chick leaving him (probably over his obvious drug problem). I sat there and listen to someone who can't sing use pitch correction to make his monotone songs semi-listenable for a fuckin hour trying to like this shit. fuck that lol

and the 3 or 4 songs that I do like is for production value only.

As a music lover I can't wrap my head around why people are feeling this shit. I'm actually disappointed in mad people for jockin this shit. Is it better than Graduation?? GET the fuck outta here. This shit is making me hostile. Seeing people loving this shitty excuse for music makes me want to stop pursuing music all together. I really mean that very sincerely. Makes me feel like even people who I see eye to eye with can be bought by cheap unoriginal gimmicks.

People are calling this shit original "out in left field" experimental music. No. It's not. Every single element has been done before and it's been done better than he did it. Until now, I've never listened to a Kanye album and had the slightest thought that I could somehow do what he did better. Anyone that wants to do an album better than this, hit me up. $500 a song. We'll have the album done in a weekend.

Fuck it. That's how I feel. I don't even know why I'm so upset about it. Probably because he's damaging the value of his entire label that is doper than he is right now.

Battle Record
    5-3

Opey, i like the album cuz of the mood it conveys...
    I can relate to it.

It's alot of emotion put on the table in the songs.

regardless of the bad singing, and the iffy lyrics on some songs... you can't deny that it conveys alot of emotions.
    not to mention the production on the joints
    even the real REAL pop joints like Robocop, and Paranoid, are well produced from a pop standpoint.

I dunno maybe it's cuz im more into "off the wall" shit than you are...
    or maybe its cuz rap is boring these days
    on all fronts
    only recently did i get HALF excited about a rap song... and thats the slaughterhouse shits...

other than that... rap has been boring as fuck.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

This shit isn't off the wall lol. The fact that you think so shows that you're not into the more off the wall shit. If you want GOOD music that's "off the wall" there is plenty out there. I have tons of it right on my iPod.

Like I said, the only thing I like about it is the production value. And even that is hit or miss. He said himself he just thru this shit together. He's happy that it sounds half-assed.

But why am I supposed to "get past the bad singing and iffy lyrics?" I have no problem with pop music. And I'm not a rap fanboy either. I grew up on Pink Floyd and shit like that. I know what good music is. This is not it. I also know what pushing boundaries means and this doesn't do it. This shit is mad unoriginal and lazy. Dude spent no time putting this together and did it without thought. And it shows. For some reason that's what he wants to do. If he wants to make wack music then I'm gonna call his music wack.

What is original about this music? How is this off the wall?

And how do you listen to someone sing thru autotune for an hour straight and not get annoyed?

Kanye has been hanging out with bands like Justice and Daft Punk who actually do original "off the wall" type music so he thinks he can do the same thing. And maybe he can. But all he did here was make spacy beats and sang poorly written R&B lyrics into a machine that tries to hide the fact that you can't sing. Where's the originality? Where's this new genre he thinks he's created? What has he come up with that's new and fresh and hasn't been done many times before?

Don't make it sound like I'm hating Kanye for doing a pop album or not doing a rap album. I fuck with Kanye. And I listen to ALL music. This is just bad music.

and as for the emotion... who cares that he's an emotional mess crying into a mic because he had a break up? is this the only music with emotion? there's too much good music out there to be listened to to be coming up with excuses why to entertain this garbage.

Battle Record
    8-9

you both are bored with rap now???

i wonder who else feels this way.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I'm not bored with rap. But I don't let myself be bombarded with wack music until I don't even like the genre it comes from anymore. That's why I haven't listened to the radio or watched videos on BET and MTV for years. Good rap albums are so few and far between, I get excited when one drops.

I can't wait for the new Common to drop. It's gonna be fire. I heard some of the material at his concert last month.

Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    I'm not bored with rap. But I don't let myself be bombarded with wack music until I don't even like the genre it comes from anymore. That's why I haven't listened to the radio or watched videos on BET and MTV for years. Good rap albums are so few and far between, I get excited when one drops.

I can't wait for the new Common to drop. It's gonna be fire. I heard some of the material at his concert last month.
    word.

double word.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Damn. Opey is trippin` about it. But I like this shit man. Idk. I just throw it on and vibe with it. And I listen to "out there" shit. Not sayin` this is some out there shit. But for Kanye it is. And I don`t hear the "horrible music" that you say it is. I mean. I`m not sayin` it`s great music by any means. Don`t get me wrong. But I can vibe with this one.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

lol I'm not tryin to offend anyone's taste or anything. If you like it, you like it. To each his own I guess. But as a musician, this is very disappointing especially from Kanye. If this was just another T-Pain album then it wouldn't even matter. But Kanye puts himself under the gun by being his own hype machine. He's calling it great music. He wants to talk like a great musician but this album lacks great musicianship. The part that's actually horrible is the singing. The rest is just mediocre sequencing aside from a few songs. And on top of that, he's running with an already played out concept and pretending that it's original.

Look at it from an artist's perspective. How many artists do you know that can actually sing and have undeniably creative content and just make good entertaining music that get no play? But since Kanye is Kanye, he can make millions selling an album that an actual Kanye fan can't even listen to a single song all the way thru without getting either annoyed or bored.

Like I said, if it was someone like T-Pain I wouldn't even care. But Kanye is the one that puts himself up on the pedestal. I defend Kanye from haters all the time because his musicianship is usually head and shoulders above what most artists out there are doing. But I'm not going to pretend that this is good. And when awards time starts coming and he starts crying about not winning any and blames his fans and makes himself out to be a martyr, all the Kanye haters are going to be right.

Battle Record
    12-13

808's is so much bettter lols. i don't even feel this is competition

simply cuhs = graduation blows !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    83-41
    Awards 50+ Wins

I liked it.