Showing results 31 to 45 of 75

Thread: 50 Cent Dissin' Kanye West Album: The Whole Thing

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

Re: 50 Cent Dissin' Kanye West Album: The Whole Th

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    So I take it you don't consider "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" a hip hop album?

reading comprehension is vital kiddo.

i said if you're not at least "rapping", then its not hip hop.
    she raps and sings on that album. so you answer that question, genius.
    kanye doesnt rap AT ALL on his new joint.

hm.
    blackeloheimannunakirap

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny the G View Post
    reading comprehension is vital kiddo.

i said if you're not at least "rapping", then its not hip hop.
    she raps and sings on that album. so you answer that question, genius.
    kanye doesnt rap AT ALL on his new joint.

hm.
    She mostly Sings IMO I mean if she did a CD like that Today it would be considered an R&B album yet its Considered one of the greatest Hip Hop Cds in recent history.

But to make a better point, Mary j Blige is an R&B artist she has never "Rapped" as far as I know but she his considered hip hop.....

so are SINGERS like Chris Brown and Trey Songs. so You don't need to rap to be hip hop

graffiti artist don't Rap yet they are apart of hip hop. and I'm probably your age if not older don't call me kiddo.
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; October 28th, 2008 at 07:40 PM
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    there's going to be NO rap on the whole album. Since when do you have to rap to be hip hop? And what is a conventional hip hop beat? The only thing conventional about a hip hop beat is a backbeat with stress on the 2 and the 4. Kanye is hip hop. His music is hip hop music. His new music doesn't fit the common STEREOTYPE of what hip hop music is. But neither does my music. It's still hip hop.
    is it not those certain conventions that go together to make it hip hop? lol, if anything it's it's own genre man, i dunno why anyone would consider that hip hop, tell me what makes it hip hop for you, except the fact that ye is a predominantly hip hop producer, you haven't really given anything to support it being hip hop, what elements of that sound make it hip hop? it's too easy to just say "yeh our music isn't stereotypical hip hop music, but trust me... it's still hip hop" whut is??
    MondoThug

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

She mostly Sings IMO I mean if she did a CD like that Today it would be considered an R&B album yet its Considered one of the greatest Hip Hop Cds in recent history.

But to make a better point, Mary j Blige is an R&B artist she has never "Rapped" as far as I know but she his considered hip hop.....
    yea i've heard her played on r&b and hip hop radio stations. and sure, she's been featured on songs with alot of hip hop artists, and vice versa. and you might catch her at the source awards. but really, who considers her "hip hop"? where did you hear that?. she doesnt rap, breakdance, do graffiti, beatbox, or DJ. so again, what makes her hip hop.

by you saying she's considered "hip hop", just further proves hip hop as a whole is dead. rap's alive and well, but if a soulful R&B artist can squeek by as being considered hip hop??? idk...
    blackeloheimannunakirap

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

graffiti artist don't Rap yet they are apart of hip hop. and I'm probably your age if not older don't call me kiddo.
    of course they're a part of hip hop because its one of hip hops 5 elements. singing/R&b is NOT.

and so what, my fathers older than me too, but i know more about hip hop than he does. whats your point, son.
    blackeloheimannunakirap

so are SINGERS like Chris Brown and Trey Songs. so You don't need to rap to be hip hop

graffiti isn't music lol that shit's way off for this discussion, the point is hip hop music, rap, w/e u wanna call it. Chris Brown and Trey Songs are RnB music. never ever heard or seen MJB considered hip hop, always been calssed as the Queen of RnB, dunno where you're getting your shit from if you're even getting it from anywhere
    MondoThug

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by JO! View Post
    graffiti isn't music lol that shit's way off for this discussion, the point is hip hop music, rap, w/e u wanna call it. Chris Brown and Trey Songs are RnB music. never ever heard or seen MJB considered hip hop, always been calssed as the Queen of RnB, dunno where you're getting your shit from if you're even getting it from anywhere
    Okay I guess you don't see them on Hip hop songs all the time? Singing over songs with hip hop beats or even Singing in a way that the words could easly be rap lyrics...hell trey songs even rapped on his last Cd but I guess I'm the only one who hears that.

and Just to be clear

Hip hop=Culture

Rap=Form of music

I think your confusing what "Rap" is with what "Hip-Hop" is but I guess that's your opinion, But the reason hip hop is struggling isn't because people have a broad view of what hip hop is and what is apart of it, its because people want to make it all one thing, no other genre tries to force everyone to be the same like hip hop fans do now and days.

Jimi hendrix is Rock
    Linkin park sounds nothing like Jimi, but yet they are rock shit changes.
    Last edited by Caesar Augustus; October 28th, 2008 at 07:59 PM
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yeh yeh fuck that shit is trivial, whne you go to the stores, do you not see a hip hop section instead of rap? hip hop music = pretty much rap to me
    that shit is irrelevant man, keep it out of here

PS: you're pushing features on us? lol you're reaching man, i still don't know where you MJB claims come from, i bet you're making that shit up
    MondoThug

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

to caesar:

yea, they may do all that you said, but even still, they're not hip hop "artists". they're R&b "artists". if both were just interchangeable they'd have the same title.
    just because a pastry baker uses some of the same appliances a chef might, doesnt make him a chef himself. yaddamean?
    blackeloheimannunakirap

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

to caesar:

yea, they may do all that you said, but even still, they're not hip hop "artists". they're R&b "artists". if both were just interchangeable they'd have the same title.
    just because a pastry baker uses some of the same appliances a chef might, doesnt make him a chef himself. yaddamean?
    None of them Are Considered Hip-Hop Artist...they are Rap Artist!!!!

When I go to best Buy it says RAP

Walmart...Rap.

Target Rap

Record and tape traders...RAP!

shhhh. i got warrants.
    Battle Record
    9-11
    Awards LLL HOF

None of them Are Considered Hip-Hop Artist...they are Rap Artist!!!!

When I go to best Buy it says RAP

Walmart...Rap.

Target Rap

Record and tape traders...RAP!
    you know what i meant. dont try to play that card with me cuz i know my shit. you're trying to redirect the issue at hand.

rap artists who are under the umbrella of hip hop. r&b artists are not. end of story.
    blackeloheimannunakirap

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

to caesar:

They do call them... Pastry Chef's!!!

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

you know what i meant. dont try to play that card with me cuz i know my hsit. you're trying to redirect the issue at hand.
    WTF How I redirecting I said they are part of the HIP HOP culture, I never said they were Rappers and that's where I guess we differ there is a difference to me.

Battle Record
    46-9
    Awards Legendary Member 25+ Wins OM HOF LLL HOF LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner

kanye is a sellout.
    Been a real one.

MondoThug