User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 120

Thread: Opinions on Drugs

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Re: Opinions on Drugs

WTF... don't laugh asshole. I wasn't joking.

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins

Well...

I think you're both right and wrong...

There SHOULD be some personal accountability attached to drug use...
    And there is in a court of law.
    That's why cats get locked the fuck up for pretty stupid shit invloving drugs.
    You just gotta get caught to feel it...and account for whatever stupid shit you did.

However, Chris...you gotta be insane to think a crack addict won't rob or steal or burglarize to support their habit...
    If they wouldn't rob or steal or buglarize while sober.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Of course they're doing it ONLY for the drug...cuz the shit's making them do it...

You think the crack addict saying, "I'll suck your dick!"...for some rock...

Would also suck your dick for a ride to work, for you to treat him to lunch?

No...the fuck...he wouldn't...

That's desperation over drugs...addiction...it has less than nothing to do with their personality...drugs alter personalities.

I mean...yeah...if you're an asshole...who's an asshole when he's high...ok...
    That's a natural part of your personality shining through extra bright cuz of the intoxication.

But it's a long fuckin stretch from being an asshole...
    To robbing, stealing, and suckin dick...while high/for a high.

Like Jules said...
    Not the same ballpark...not even the same fuckin sport.

Battle Record
    12-1

Opey, I have two aunts who do crack. Both of them have been doing it for 20+ years. One of them stole all the furniture from her mother's house twice. She basically held her own son hostage so her mother would send her money. She got welfare for her son even though she wasn't there and only spent it on getting drugs. She prostituted herself. My other aunt never did anything like that. She has a good job she's been working with for 25 or so years. Her bills are always paid on time. Her kids do good in school & get whatever they want. Why? Cause she's a good parent. She did crack before her kids were born and now that 2 of them are in high school, she still does it and her kids know about it. I wont say it never effected them in a negative way because her oldest two hate it, but it didn't transform her into a damn goblin without a mind of her own.

We also need to realize the fucked-up shit people do to get drugs, they do while they are sober. People need to take responsibility. This is the old "Devil made me do it" excuse.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Oh and the fucked-up aunt. Before she got on crack my mother told me she was spoiled and got whatever she wanted and would still take money out of her moms purse(20 or so bucks). It was always in her.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

I think you both have points. It really depends on an individual basis of the people. I have a lot of friends who are addicted to different drugs, whether it be just weed or alcohol, or cocaine or ecstasy or acid/shrooms, the heavy stuff, they are all pretty good people despite their habits. They all maintain their lives pretty well, just when they get off work they get blitzed... They're not the type to steal, lie, or be assholes, and while on the drugs of course their behaviors get more exaggerated, but they don't change as people...

Some drugs can change people, I've seen that, too, but usually I'd have to go with the drugs not being so large a problem as the person, just when a bad person is on drugs it is amplified and they're even worse. On the flip side, if someone is really nice, and has four or five drinks, now they're hugging everyone in sight and telling all their friends they love them and complimenting people on obscure shit. That's the drug amplifying a good emotion.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

drugs have ruined people lives, just cuz you know some that it hasn't that won't change that.

can you honestly sit here, and say if our government was to legalize crack, mothers wouldn't leave they kids alone for a midnight high, sell their family's posessions, babies wouldn't be born deformed, or all the negative shit attriubuted to the buying, and selling/distribution of crack wouldn't exist???

even if your aunt was spoiled and stole things like 20 dollars as a child, can you honestly sit here and say if she lived thru her adult life with no drugs that she'd still be doin the same exact thing????

if you can say that honestly, i won't debate it nemore.

now i agree too many movies, and other things demonize a dealer, like he has no soul.

my cuz been pushin weight since he was about 14,15 one night he told me he knew he was going to hell for his sins, he seemed seriously like one of those war veterans who come back from the war scarred.
    Last edited by Brother Blue Collar; October 22nd, 2008 at 04:12 PM
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

well theres only one resolution to all this, and thats to legalize crack and see what happens

lol they might as well legalize it now
    MondoThug

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

I'm not saying that there are no crack heads that live normal lives. I know people like that, but they're the exception to the rule. I've encountered enough drug culture in my lifetime to know what drugs do to people. Just because every single person isn't affected the same doesn't mean that drugs don't have a negative effect on society. It really doesn't matter to me how anyone rationalizes it. I've seen all this shit 1st hand since I was a little kid and I continue to see it. I've seen drugs affect so many people in so many ways, there's reall nothig you could teach me about it. Your point of view is way off.

And this has nothing to do with taking responsibility for yourself. If drugs are legal then you are inviting people to fuck up their lives. by legalizing drugs you're telling people that they should be allowed to do them. You're leading people to fuck up their lives. You're sitting here playing down drug addiction like it isn't a big deal when it's the sole reason that my whole family is turned upside down. I don't care what your aunt does. That holds no weight whatsoever.

Battle Record
    12-1

Opey, you speak of drug culture like you're the only one or no one else knows anything or could have been around it as much as you. I can give you addresses I lived at and where I grew up and you can look up the stats for crime in North Saint Louis. Since before I was born it's been one of the most dangerous cities in America, even topping the list of most dangerous cities several times, including last year. It will be this year too, and probably have the highest murder rate. You're not the only one who's been there.

I don't think making drugs legal "leads" people to "fuck up their lives." Esspecially if people are educated about drugs. People need to be educated along with it being legalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Engivale View Post
    I think you both have points. It really depends on an individual basis of the people. I have a lot of friends who are addicted to different drugs, whether it be just weed or alcohol, or cocaine or ecstasy or acid/shrooms, the heavy stuff, they are all pretty good people despite their habits. They all maintain their lives pretty well, just when they get off work they get blitzed... They're not the type to steal, lie, or be assholes, and while on the drugs of course their behaviors get more exaggerated, but they don't change as people...

Some drugs can change people, I've seen that, too, but usually I'd have to go with the drugs not being so large a problem as the person, just when a bad person is on drugs it is amplified and they're even worse. On the flip side, if someone is really nice, and has four or five drinks, now they're hugging everyone in sight and telling all their friends they love them and complimenting people on obscure shit. That's the drug amplifying a good emotion.
    Exactly. That's what I've always believed.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

you ignoring my question brahman
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    12-1

I don't read your posts in ID. Lol.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Opey, you speak of drug culture like you're the only one or no one else knows anything or could have been around it as much as you. I can give you addresses I lived at and where I grew up and you can look up the stats for crime in North Saint Louis. Since before I was born it's been one of the most dangerous cities in America, even topping the list of most dangerous cities several times, including last year. It will be this year too, and probably have the highest murder rate. You're not the only one who's been there.

I don't think making drugs legal "leads" people to "fuck up their lives." Esspecially if people are educated about drugs. People need to be educated along with it being legalized.

Exactly. That's what I've always believed.
    I'm not saying i'm the only one that has seen what I see, but you must be missing something to say what you're saying. All I'm saying is that I know from 1st hand experience that you are wrong. Everything that you're saying doesn't happen... I've seen it happen plenty of times... like clock work. It doesn't really matter to me where you live or who you know. I know what I've witnessed my entire life.

I'm not saying that legalizing drugs will surely make the situation even worse, but it definitely won't make shit better. I agree about educating about drugs, but even that will have little effect. Drug problems tend to be passed down from parent to child. And most drug addicts are drop outs who would never have gotten the information in the first place.

Battle Record
    20-6

i have to comment in this thread later. this is to remind me.
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

Battle Record
    20-6

And here we go...

Opey, you do kinda come off in this thread like you are an expert on Drugs. I understand Baltimore is fucked up, the little time i've been there i hated every second of that damned city, but it's damn sure not the only city with the drug trade and your not the only one who's witnessed shit you whole life. I know you'll retort by quoting your posts where your saying the exact same thing i just said, but i just had to say that anyway.

As for drugs fucking up the community, i think Engivale has the most valid point so far. It just depends on the individual i guess. There's functional fiends, and then there's people who would sell their child's christmas shit for a fix. The latter is more common, so it tends to put a bad light on drug use. But that's where i agree with Chris. People do need more accountability for the shit THEY do. I had this argument in an assembly in high school with a speaker once. He was complaining about drug dealers saying they ruined his life because his father used to be one of those sell whatever, do whatever fiends. Yet, when i pointed out that if his father wasn't weak minded and bought the drugs, that wouldn't have happened. It's not the drug dealers, it's the addicts. & Drug Dealers get shafted in everyone's opinions. Especially on RB. i've sen countless threads with 'Drug Dealers should burn in hell' sentiments. That shit is retarded. People have to feed their family's. And that's bottom line. Just like BTK is willing to overlook the evil the oil conglomerate spreads into the world, drug dealers have that same right. What makes it any different? so yeah, that's all.
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.