User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 44

Thread: How do i become a better lyricist?

How do i become a better lyricist?

What up everyboy,

Im new around here, matter of fact just joined a few hours ago. I wanted to know how I can become a better lyricist. HONESTLY, i suck at write lines and it makes me eager to steal other more creative lines and try to form it into my own thing, which isnt what I want to do ideally at all.

Im in a rap group with a few buddies, but I am lyrically inferior to all of them. They all come up with creative rhymes while Im stuck in first grade vocabulary mode. But its not like I dont to to use bigger and better words, its just when i thing of words to follow in my next lines I cant think of creative things to put on paper.

What can i do to improve? http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/imag.../th_salute.gif

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

Re: How do i become a better lyricist?

suck paht cock, deep throat cum while tryin to rap, itll git your voice toned.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    suck paht cock, deep throat cum while tryin to rap, itll git your voice toned.
    thanks for the great welcome....

No im serious though, I came here looking for some help

Just some old ass account Devastator™'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    20-2

Well its not for everyone. If you MUST rap though try to get inspiration from things around you everyday instead of copying others around you. Try to break away from the group sometimes and write solo. Its ok to feed off of others energy sometimes, but not if you are struggling to be where they are at. For starters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastator™ View Post
    Well its not for everyone. If you MUST rap though try to get inspiration from things around you everyday instead of copying others around you. Try to break away from the group sometimes and write solo. Its ok to feed off of others energy sometimes, but not if you are struggling to be where they are at. For starters.
    Appreciate it bro, Most of the time however I do write alone.

I guess the best way to explain what i go through is to say that my rapping is very generic. No flavor, no punchlines, nothing. When i try to add these things, it takes like 24 hours to write 4 bars, and even then it sucks. Im looking for a way to up my Rap IQ, adding metaphors into my writing. Shit that will make you think when you here it.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Read things that might inspire you, although I really don't do the whole rap thing like I did when I had more time on my hands I can tell that some of the most creative lines I've evr thought of came from sources such as the news poems and books I've read ans far as concepts shit go, books and poems are cool plus they might introduce you to new words or just new ways to use the ones you know. To sound fresh and to besure people get what your saying recent events are usualy a nice touch so yeah watch the news.
    Why didn't y'all delete my ugly ass sig while I was gone?

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

see this is the wrong place to ask.

alot these cats and they perception of what a lyricist is, is skewed as hell.

the key to writing good lyric is understanding what you writing about. feeling it to such a degree everything just flows. advanced vocab don't make you a dope lyricist. it's getting ya point across. making it relative to all. be it the dope boy, or the college student. the cop or the convict.

shit that just gave me an idea for a song.

but yea you shouldn't feel inferior to anyone. if they in ya group and want you there, then obviously they feel what you say. if they want you on a track, then obviously they'll feel what you say. pretty sure others do 2.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Thanks guys, this is really good info here.

I think maybe Im just not comfortable being the least experienced at writing, and feel the way I do because the people around me write dope shit while im just the norm.

maybe the reason why im lost is because I dont know what im looking for when I write or what im trying to say.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show....html?t=379328

^^^
    Check it out.... Its open mic lines. My first attempt to build my case up. Tell me what you think.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by DopeBoi View Post
    Thanks guys, this is really good info here.

I think maybe Im just not comfortable being the least experienced at writing, and feel the way I do because the people around me write dope shit while im just the norm.

maybe the reason why im lost is because I dont know what im looking for when I write or what im trying to say.
    what kind of rap, and you should all have an idea of what the concept of the song is...

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

your probably like 14 or something, wait till you get older, your vocab will expand and you'll have a better understanding of the English language. if not...

... your fucked, n should give up.

*opens a box of razer blades*
    Last edited by Oxymoron; October 7th, 2008 at 04:26 AM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    20-2

You may want to adjust your direction. Theres alot of successful rappers who are not known for their punches and metaphors, but they always speak "real" shit, like their topics are something anyone could relate to.

Battle Record
    37-19
    Awards 25+ Wins

you know what I wonder... whats your role in the group?

i'm just saying you can't get all lyrical if your the group's flavor flav

Battle Record
    20-2

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    you know what I wonder... whats your role in the group?

i'm just saying you can't get all lyrical if your the group's flavor flav
    Or their ol dirty bastard?

Actually Im 18, Finishing up my senior year of school.

My role in the group. Well to be honest, we are just getting back together so the role isnt very defined. Just part of a group. When we were together back in the day, I used to make beats, since then iv'e fallen off on beat making and forgot everything over the years. So now im just strictly writing and rapping.

Battle Record
    17-14

practice or genius, and everyone has to have different ammounts of both.

Judging by your post. Practice.