User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 237

Thread: The New Ultimate Fighter (Spike Tv)

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Re: The New Ultimate Fighter (Spike Tv)

Quote Originally Posted by NME View Post
    W/e..
    Yeah... come back with a knowledgeable opinion when you have trained with UFC fighters... or when you have reffed or judged professional fights.
    AI

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Stfu..

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Stfu..
    See, you have no real insight... and no background to back any of it up.

Congrats on finding out what MMA was from cable TV... now you need to do some research and learn about what it really is and what goes into it.
    AI

Banned
    Battle Record
    11-2

In reply to NME post on the previous page...

I said you where right, technique is important. But you just seem to rule out that strength even matters, and it does.

Frank Mir did beat Lesnar and all respect to him, but as you talk about experience, Lesnar had very little.

After the display Lesnar put in against Herring, a re-match between him and Mir would be a great fight and I predict Lesnar would win, if he stayed as focused as he did against Herring.

And as you say, smaller guy's can take out bigger guys, like Kimbo getting smashed by some new kid (I forget the guys name)

But I'm still sticking to the fact that bigger guys can easily beat up on smaller guys.
    It's like a top Heavyweight fighting a lightweight...

P.S We are just stating our opinions, no need to be so touchy

Lesnar didn't look impressive vs Herring IMO..Had he not caught him with that big punch the fight would have been different.

All he really did is Lie on Herring for 3 rounds,only reason he didn't get boo'ed was because he was in his home town.

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    See, you have no real insight... and no background to back any of it up.

Congrats on finding out what MMA was from cable TV... now you need to do some research and learn about what it really is and what goes into it.
    No, I stated my opinion, I've seen bigger dudes get smashed by little dudes n done it myself, no longer arguein witchu over somethin I already know happens, so like I said "w/e" which means take the pickle out your ass n PLEASE stfu.. lol

Banned
    Battle Record
    11-2

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.N View Post
    Lesnar didn't look impressive vs Herring IMO..Had he not caught him with that big punch the fight would have been different.

All he really did is Lie on Herring for 3 rounds,only reason he didn't get boo'ed was because he was in his home town.
    Yes but Herring is a good fighter so you stop him for 3 rounds on the guys second fight....pretty impressive

Battle Record
    41-13

I was quite impressed by Lesnar vs Herring.

Dom, you seem to ignore Lesnarpicking his spots and still anding some very good punches from top. Lesnar doesnt need to take full mount to inflict damage on the grouns... he has enough strength to stay in positions where he is safe from reversals and subs and still inflict damage.

and NME... you have seen little guys beat big guys... congrats... but trying to compare two random idiots that have no formal training to ELITE athletes is crazy.

And Stock, Seth Petruzelli isnt "a new kid" he actually had a ton more experience than Kimbo.
    AI

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I was quite impressed by Lesnar vs Herring.

Dom, you seem to ignore Lesnarpicking his spots and still anding some very good punches from top. Lesnar doesnt need to take full mount to inflict damage on the grouns... he has enough strength to stay in positions where he is safe from reversals and subs and still inflict damage.

and NME... you have seen little guys beat big guys... congrats... but trying to compare two random idiots that have no formal training to ELITE athletes is crazy.

And Stock, Seth Petruzelli isnt "a new kid" he actually had a ton more experience than Kimbo.
    Well,Lesnar caught him,then rushed him..I believe he got a take down..but Heath got up.

they fucked around the rest of the round,with heath on the Cage and Lesnar landing the odd knee or punch.

Second round lesnar takes him down,heath goes into a turtle like position,and lesnar throws the odd knee into Herrings ribs from the top and some punchs to the side of his face..

3rd round,I think he came out..took heath down..just held him there..then when he saw the clock get low,like 10-15 seconds left he starts getting cocky and hops on Herring back and acts like hes a cowboy or some shit,and gets bucked off by heath.

I mean,he did what he had to do to beat a very experienced fighter..& I dont remember the fight exactly considering i haven't watched it since it happened

However,you know as much as I do..Dana wont keep Lesnar around long if he doesn't have exciting fights.

I think he's getting thrown to Couture way too early..and will get dominated.
    Last edited by Rush.; October 15th, 2008 at 05:50 PM

Battle Record
    41-13

Well,Lesnar caught him,then rushed him..I believe he got a take down..but Heath got up.

they fucked around the rest of the round,with heath on the Cage and Lesnar landing the odd knee or punch.

Second round lesnar takes him down,heath goes into a turtle like position,and lesnar throws the odd knee into Herrings ribs from the top and some punchs to the side of his face..

3rd round,I think he came out..took heath down..just held him there..then when he saw the clock get low,like 10-15 seconds left he starts getting cocky and hops on Herring back and acts like hes a cowboy or some shit,and gets bucked off by heath.

I mean,he did what he had to do to beath a very experienced fighter..

However,you know as much as I do..Dana wont keep Lesnar around long if he doesn't have exciting fights.

I think he's getting thrown to Couture way too early..and will get dominated.
    Couture has a long history of having huge trouble with heavier HW wrestlers.

I dont think Couture has the huge advantage like most people seem to think. The fight is a toss up in my eyes. When was the last time Couture subbed someone? That is his real chance to take out Lesnar... unfortunately his last sub was in 2005 against Mike Van Arsdale... a very mediocre fighter. In fact... he only has 2 submission victories ever.

I call this fight as a coin flip.
    AI

Well,Tim Silvia was much bigger then Couture..he doesn't have the thickness of Brock..but he got handled with ease by Randy.

Gabriel Gonzaga has to be close to Lesnars size..and he got handled easily as well.

I think it depends on how Couture looks for having not fought in a long time.

Battle Record
    151-13

I see Brock killing Randy n puttin him BACK into retirement..

Battle Record
    151-13

I'd like 2 see somewun try n give Brock a triangle choke only 2 get powerbombed threw the matt.. lol

Battle Record
    41-13

I'd like 2 see somewun try n give Brock a triangle choke only 2 get powerbombed threw the matt.. lol
    dont talk about MMA anymore...

anyone that knows how to apply a triangle hooks the leg and cant be "powerbombed"
    AI

Battle Record
    41-13

Well,Tim Silvia was much bigger then Couture..he doesn't have the thickness of Brock..but he got handled with ease by Randy.

Gabriel Gonzaga has to be close to Lesnars size..and he got handled easily as well.

I think it depends on how Couture looks for having not fought in a long time.

He has problems with bigger wrestlers...

Sylvia's wrestling is laughable... so is Gonazagas...
    Gonzaga is a B level fighter that got a lucky kick on CroCop and has a solid submission game
    AI