User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: The Writer's Block: Mag of September

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

The Writer's Block: Mag of September

September has arrived and many children will be returning to their respective educational institutes to use the free internet and log onto Rapbattles. Good for them. Anyhow, August has been a pretty interesting month and one with more twists than any teen drama or w/e…so with a Fanta can, in all its glorious fizziness, next to my side I’ll start to write up the mag. Who knows how it turns out, hopefully you’ll have a good read and you can leave your opinions in the form of feedback.

To recap on the previous F and F, we talked about Chris Black and his allegations that you all are swagger jackals (Blame MS Word)…anyhow; this month was Mr. Black was targeted by another ex-member called Nyce. Then both of them were targeted by members such as Bobericc, Heychoo, Johnny 6-Feet and a few choice others. Anyhow, that did cause a stir in the forum and the activity was sky high, though the age old saying came well into context…Quality not Quantity. Fast forward a week or 2 and Nyce came out of the closet, or rather was dragged out by Mariah. No, I don’t mean he was a homosexual, that would have been understandable…instead we all learnt that his body of work was nothing but a yearlong scheme of plagiarism. Now the audio side isn’t free of these roaches either, just last week a member, going by the name “Sinz” I believe, was found out to be using old songs of a more accomplished artist and passing them off for his own. Luckily he was found out and is no longer a nuisance. People be needing pest control.

When we say pest control the best example in recent RB times is none other than the Big man himself…literally, Kris Cain recently had a major mod sweep, and the mods that were reprimanded for abusing their powers were Hosea, Laureate, Vanja and RXL. Now, I don’t know if I completely agree with the reprimands as each member is useful for one reason or another, but the reasoning behind the ban threat was justified by Kris Cain. Also, Nothing has been done yet so keep an eye out. That’s the sum up of this month’s F & F. Kids don’t bite and geezers don’t support biters.

The Mag: Frontpage News!

Interview conducted by: P. Mortuus
    Interviewee: Chris Black

Mortuus:
    With me today is Chris Black, mod of SS and super mod of you all…So, how is life, writing and all in between?

Chris Black:
    Work sucks the energy from me. I want to write but after work, I'm completely unable to, even if I want. I may write 4,000 words per week on my off days.

Mortuus:
    Well work saps energy out of the best of us, though I haven't been working for a minute now. So tell me, what did inspire you to write the Rein Dance?

Chris Black:
    Most times I see scenes in my head or pictures. I saw a 10 second scene in my head of Ellen Page with a tank top and no panties on with a man. She just got out of a fight and is exhausted. It's a dark room and she tells him if he does a good job, he'll get paid. He says it doesn't work like that, and she replies "sure. Then she sits on the bed and pulls his head between her legs and leans back. That was the end of the scene. My brother wanted to do a graphic novel with me and mesh two different ideas. I said I had this character and he loved her. He had a character to(the man in the story) and we argues and argued on the story until he saw it my way. It's basically my baby now. He doesn't talk about it anymore. Lol.

Mortuus:
    lol, well the angrier guy won this time around, though that is interesting, a graphic novel with your style of writing could be great. You should try and reconcile lol...So I heard, or more so read, about your promotion...so how is the new status going to affect SS, and RB as a whole in general?

Chris Black:
    It won’t affect SS at all, I don't think. All it means is I can close threads in other forums and ban spammers.

Mortuus:
    But isn't banning spammers what got the previous SMod kicked out anyway?

Chris Black:
    Nah. The real definition of spammers are people who post up adds to other sites or go post a thread in every forum that says "fuck rb" or something. I'm not talking about just regular stupid people.

Mortuus:
    Cool cool, seems fair enough....people like Belligerent can have a sigh of relief. Now moving on to the infamous om's that were dropped a couple of weeks ago, you were practically targeted by many OM members, do you think it gave a clear or much better indication of how people perceive you? Or at least how many kids perceive you; did that bother you too much at all?

Chris Black:
    Not at all. It didn't bother me. It didn't really show me something about what people thought of me either. I dropped a piece and people may have not disagreed, so fired back. I think most of the disses weren't because they hated me, but more to get some attention on their writing, which I can't blame them for. Back in the day, these battles were common in OM and I'd make names up and randomly diss whole crews. It was for laughs. This month would have been more enjoyable if all the cats dissing were ill. A few years ago, guys like Spit, Feeble, MM were the ones doing it and they were all funny as fuck. This time around, it was played within 24 hours.

Mortuus:
    True true, whats your take on the Nyce issue, considering he was the main man manufacturing the beef...

Chris Black:
    He was an attention-whore. He stole pieces for attention. He dissed me for attention. I feel indifferent to him, really. He actually had gained a little respect for the first diss, but that faded within a couple days with the bites and shit. I'd actually never read anything from him until my name was in his title.

Mortuus:
    okay, yeah I agree with the attention seeking comments...so let's talk about you now, is Chris Black the emo writer or the Angry man? Or are you neither?

Chris Black:
    I'm angrier in my life now than ever, which is because of my job and being 24 and still not being rich yet. People who know me wouldn't say I'm emo. They’d probably say I'm an android who occasionally loses his temper. The emo shit is me attempting to put myself in someone's shoes. All my shits are written in first person, so I'm always picking out people I don't understand and writing from their eyes in an attempt to better get why they do what they do. I love to study people's behavior and that's the main reason I liked to write stories, originally.

Mortuus:
    You should dabble in psychology; it's interesting what lengths people can go/fall to. I doubt when I'm 24 I'll be rich either, more under University debt than anything. So in a few years, do you see yourself as a worker, working the same job as now or as the writer writing books for me to buy?

Chris Black:
    I honestly see myself published sometime in 09 and on shelves. Engivale said something to the effect that we're all improving and there are writers alive that blow us out of the water, with this literature shit, and that's true, but I go to book stores and libraries and 99% of it is trash. I'm shitting on 90% of my contemporaries in the library, easily. I think I'm good enough. I still want to be better, but if I saw my novel on a shelf written by someone else, I'd buy it. I think enough people would buy it so I could write full-time, as well. If I'm not published and living comfortable by 2010, I'm going to kill something.

Mortuus:
    Well I would buy your book as long as it's signed, I love reading... do you think the current batch of RB writers should read more often? Like read books, try and get inspired instead of churning out generic pieces.

Chris Black:
    I don't know. Most of them just do it for a kick and it's not that serious to them as it is to me. I've found that movies and documentaries about writers are what inspire me - that and just random shit that just comes from flicking the channel to the write program at the right time. If it's in you, it's just in you. Wack mu-fuckas won’t read a great poem and not be wack anymore.

Mortuus:
    True true, they would probably plagiaries it. Anyhow, what's with the IJL bias issue you noted in the SS mag?

Chris Black:
    Three of the top tier writers mentioned it to me on PM or AIM. I wasn't thinking about it till then. After that, I counted the IJL cats in the league. I believe there are 7 in the 16 man bracket for the playoff. People were saying Mariah was winning with trash and Smoka was mid-level with a 9-0 record and the title. Maybe there is some credibility to the argument. Maybe there isn't. Maybe if you're in a crew with someone, subconsciously, you're more likely to vote for them, even if you don't realize it. Maybe not, I don't know what to think of it. People don't get upset about voting until they lose. Eng was on a slump and said shit about Smoka. Smoka lost and is on aim right now talking about shitty voting. It would be dope if people talked about shit like this when they were winning. It would have more credibility. When you mention shit after you lose, it doesn't have the same effect.

Mortuus:
    I honestly don't have much issues with voting, I’ve won some and lost some so I've been in the best of both worlds lol...I wouldn't buy into the IJL theory as being in IJL hasn't really affected me whilst voting, just last week I pissed Cry off when I voted against his poem. Though, I have heard some say that you are severely critical certain members yourself....any come to mind?

Chris Black:
    Critical of them in mags? Or do you mean the people I booted for the season?

Mortuus:
    Both?

Chris Black:
    The people who got booted were a constant annoyance. It was 3-4 of them. They made my job more stressful. If I wanted a headache, I'd have stayed at work. If they can't manage to be in SS without constantly being faggots, fuck them. . . as for being critical of people’s writing, name some names and I'll let you know what's up.

Mortuus:
    Mariah

Chris Black:
    I tell the truth. People want me to sugar-coat things and tell them how dope they are instead of being truthful. If I say Mariah's verse was trash, I truly believe that. I don't think I've ever said that but I said in her last battle that she sacrificed content so some twist would work. She shitted on her whole piece so the last line would be dope and that was true. It's funny that when I'm honest and don't suck dick, people say I'm arrogant, but if you write a piece and want everyone to praise you even if it sucked, who's really arrogant?
    Plus the honesty makes shit better. I believe the shit I say. I'm brutally honest and if people can't take it, fuck'em.

Mortuus:
    Well that's fair enough.....what about Syndial?

Chris Black:
    I remember he upset BTK I believe, I gave him props on that and said he may have a shot to be a contender if he kept it up . . . Then he dropped some trash. I said it was garbage and it was true, just like when I said his verse was dope it was true. People want me to tell the truth, only when it's me giving props, then lie or shut my mouth when I think something is wack.

Mortuus:
    Yeah, well I hope the named writers take it in stride and for the better. Anyhow, it's been a great interview and are there any last words you'll like to say?

Chris Black:
    Yeah. I want to mention Mariah again. In an early mag, I noted her as one of the writers who could break through and win SS. I give props when people are doing well. All you writers who will read this, drop dope shit and Chris will say it was dope, but if you drop garbage, I will come in your thread and say its garbage and you're writing below your capabilities. This is not a dick-sucking contest.

That’s it.

Mortuus:
    Well kids, that was your angry Uncle Chris saying goodbye, wave your hands!

The nominations that made HOF for August will be listed here.

Profit>Prophet
    by Soulstice

This piece was an interesting one; the political climate is as such that this piece can easily apply. I personally enjoyed it and when I saw it was nominated I knew it just had to be in.

Solo or just Soulless
    by P. Mortuus and Ex.

Usually, I wouldn’t include a piece in which I have contributed but I liked this piece, I thought all the verses gelled well and didn’t falter. A good piece and I thought it deserved a spot in HOF.

The Way I see it
    by Engivale

A breezy read, written in the SS by-week, Engivale used the weekly gap to come up with an entertainer. Clever lines made it a reader favourite quick and when nominated there wasn’t a question as to whether it will go in or not.

The Rose Grows in Concrete
    by BA Baracus

Real enticing read. The concept was good and dragged me in. It was nominated and I didn’t see a reason as to not put it in.

A-P-C-D
    by Mariah

A smooth flow, her vocabulary seemed to attract the readers thought, I found the concept and clever lines to be more appealing. So after reading it, I though it should be given a spot in HOF.

This segment will reflect the feelings that readers have on a group of, randomly chosen, writers.

The guys who were part of the Jury in this edition were Ex, Born to Kill, Spoken Deity, SmokaJoka and Ntalek and as a Jury they have been given a slight amount of anonymity…whereas their comments will be displayed but you, as a reader, will not know who said what.
    The writer who will be commented upon are Syndial, Soulstice, Daz and last but not least Cry. So the Jury is out folks!

Syndial

Comment by the Judge:
    Comment by the Judge: He’s a great all rounder, he’s been here for a while now and recently has been foraying into the topical are of the site, so far I’ve seen some pretty good signs and I think if he keeps his head level he’ll be able to prove himself in front of a wider audience or maybe he’ll get shook and be put in his place…where is that place jury?

Jury member #1:
    Dude is a dope writer…a bit of a complainer...but still a good artist @ his craft…he has a way with multi's…and expanding on a concept...good to work with on collabs..I think his old style fits him better, seems as though now he just wants to complain and diss other writers...but that makes shit a bit more fun and challenging...overall I'd say the guy is a solid writer

Jury member #2:
    Honestly...I dunno...haven't seen enough of his work. I think I've faced him before...have I? I dunno...its Friday afternoon and I'm high at work.
    Anyway...let's just say that if I were to or did face him...I don't think I'd lose/lost any sleep over it. Would probably consider it a gimme win. Eh...just checked...looks like we did face off and he won. I think. There were only 3 votes, 2 for him, 1 for me...and no Chris Black or Burden tally at the end. So...I guess he won. Congrats to Sy. Anyhow...not trying to offend...I just don't get hyped for a Sy verse. If he beat me, perhaps I should...but eh...I'm indifferent

Jury member #3:
    I don’t know this guy that well… He’s dropped hot in OM before, so I enjoy him as a writer. I think he looks like a fag in his pictures, but other than that, I’ve got nothing on him

Jury member #4:
    Not a well known writer but shows flashes of brilliance at times...most of the time he doesn't drop the full potential he can

Jury member #5:
    I’d say is a good writer, I don't know much about him but we've never had a harsh word.

Soulstice

Comment by the Judge:
    I like his writing. It’s clever and entices your more intellectual side. Furthermore, his use of language is also impressive. He could have been more recognized had he actually stuck to RB more than a few months. Yet, we have to think…is he a five star recipe, or just a flavour of the week? What say Jury?

Jury member #1:
    This guy one of the best OM writers on this site IMO...he has a way with topics and takes that actually makes you think about what you've just read..His wording is always elegant...and his flow is dead on point…with multi's and internals...which is always fun to read when presented as he present them. Another thing I noticed about Soul is his smarts. He always seems to incorporate some type of wisdom into his drops…but yeah…this guy is top notch.

Jury member #2:
    An asshole and nerve racking but he's one of my favorite writers on RB. Never seen eye to eye with him, never will. But so long as his penmanship stays at or above his current caliber I can at least say I enjoy reading the man’s thoughts.

Jury member #3:
    For some reason...even though I know I've beaten Soul...and have lately lost to Sy...I'd still rank Soul a squeak or so above Sy..I dunno why. And I apologize for it to Sy.

Jury member #4:
    Douche bag but a good writer from what I hear...never read his shit personally.

Jury member #5:
    Soul seems like a monastic poet to me… kind of out of the mainstream RB in my opinion…But either way, Soul is easily considered one of the best writers on RB. The direction he takes in every piece is brilliant. His ideas and concepts should be studied.
    Soul is kind of guy that doesn’t just read poetry, but understands it. One of my favorite writers to read and he should be everyone’s. Dude’s amazing.

Daz

Comment by the Judge:
    Detested by much folk and liked by a few. Though, again and again he has proven to be able to write emotional pieces whilst still being able to keep a street theme. Are his pieces genuine, is he a stand up guy? Or just an egotistical ball-sack. Speak out jury.

Jury member #1:
    Looking for flow? Here’s your guy. He writes some of the most true/down to earth/heartfelt drops I've read on this site…Here's a guy who writes for himself instead of other writers/readers…I always enjoy his simplistic use of multi's(and that's simplistic in a good way)..But he addresses mostly issues of life which are drops I can't seem to put off when seen in the OM forum.

Jury member #2:
    Someone I tend to steer clear of because he’s very opinionated and does tend to be a bit bitchy and not that I’m calling him one he just acts as one at times. Great writer but like so many he just has a huge flaw in his personality, my opinion may change if I get to know him better.

Jury member #3:
    Daz is a jerk to most people from what I can tell… Can’t say I like or dislike him…I just know he’s know he’s always been a prick to me. Prick or not, he’s a dope writer. His last OM ‘Stop Sucking Dick’ was more than awesome. He has a beautiful way of not sacrificing imagery, content, and structure for a great rhyme scheme. One of the most talented and influential writers on RB and if you don’t agree, die.

Jury member #4:
    The heartstring tugger, the wordsmith, the metaphor inside a metaphor. I think he's one of the elite writers here...knows his way around words, their meanings and alternate meanings...and ads a splash of realness, street...fuckin rap...that's seriously lacking in many of our SS competitors.
    He sometimes gets wrapped up in too much emotion...but always manages some deep shit while doing it, making the shit easily forgivable.
    A big worry to whoever faces him

Jury member #5:
    Good writer but to be perfectly honest, the only good piece I've seen from him was vs. Chris Black in WoP...and that seemed to have skyrocketed him into a lot of hype but I haven't seen much outstanding from him since then.

Cry

Comment by the Judge:
    A text battle turned Topical writer and poet. A good guy with a comic wit….or maybe by being a sarcastic joker he creates bias in reader’s minds. So what do you say about him Jury?

Jury member #1:
    Doesn't have that name for nothing. His drops are always jam packed with emotional elements...From anger to sadness and he also packs a mean multi/internal filled flow along with the emotional package…He's IMO one of the most slept on Topical writers this site has to offer….He went from tearing down text to dropping hot poetry to ripping OM's. So yeah he can multi'task on yo ass. Overall a very solid writer whose work I enjoy.

Jury member #2:
    The third best writer I’ve ever battled which is saying something. He's a bit hypocritical personally I think Dagel has rubbed off on Cry. Cry just isn't very user friendly and though he's in IE we are a group of poets Cry has this battler mentality that never turns off, gets fucking annoying. But great writer.

Jury member #3:
    Solid, good...he beat me this season...But still...when I think of a Cry verse...I don't get a "woah" feeling. I apologize to him too...but he's not one of the cats whose verse I look forward to each week. Always a threat...can win lots...But...again...eh...his style just ain't ginchy to me. I'm sure to others it is and that's good...we all like different things...but I think I've only read 1 or 2 joints from Cry that had me going, damn...and that's speculation, cuz I can't remember right now.

Jury member #4:
    good writer as well, well rounded too....and I'm talking about his weight...ZING!!

Jury member #5:
    This guy is awesome…he’s young, up and coming, and is going to own RB one day. It’s obvious that cry already has the potential to take any league he’s in but it’s ridiculous to think where he could be in another year or a few years down the road. He writes SO much that it’s almost amazing; usually dropping in OM or PS once a week. I love to read his writing and I also love the fact he returns the favor and will read yours.
    He’s never come off to me as jerk or anything…He seems pretty down to earth and willing to talk and converse with anyone.

Interview conducted by: P. Mortuus
    Interviewee: Engivale

Mortuus:
    Okay, so how is life, work, friends, home…family...you get the gist…how is life basically?

Engivale:
    Life is pretty peachy, I don't really drink anymore which is a strange thing considering how much of an alcoholic I was, I'm not doing great financially but who the hell is --- nothing really to complain about.

Mortuus:
    Yeah, I'm practically broke too...but more of my own doing buying signed books lol...anyhow, you've recently forayed into writing short stories, what influenced you to do so?

Engivale:
    The bad short stories in that forum, frankly. I've seen good ideas but poor execution. I need to get better myself, so I thought I'd try another short story, and I got the idea for the ice cream truck driver who sells cigarettes and it cracked me up, I just had to go with it. But I've always written stories, that is how I started as a kid, and it's eventually how I hope to make a living as a writer, by writing novels and short story collections.

Mortuus:
    I used to write, but now my attention span is so bad that I can't really delve deep into character creation...anyhow, will we be seeing anymore adventures of the ice cream bandit?

Engivale:
    You can expect my maximum effort. I think it's a loaded tournament, talent-wise, and no match is easy for anyone. With that said, I look to get my first official SS season title, it'd be nice to add to the resume. Lots of good writers to beat to get it, too, should make it all the more respectable.

Mortuus:
    You haven't champed a season yet? Wow, I thought you must have, anyhow, I'm pretty sure you'll be champing hits season if you give it your all, like your stating. Tell me who you think your biggest threat is?

Engivale:
    Yeah, I never champed an actual season, only been two playoffs since I've been on the site, once I didn't participate (last time) and the other time it was right when I was starting and I ran into a feisty Nique. Biggest threat? There's several. I mean, BTK in my bracket, then Smoka, Cry and Mariah all in the other one - thank god for getting the 1 seed, lol - then I've got last season's champ in a potential next round match, you after that, or maybe a little Daz? Jesus. Some toughies, lol, like I said, it's loaded, every match is tough - I'll say BTK is the most experienced at how to do these tourneys and put himself in gear 2 creatively, he's probably the toughest and biggest threat. As always. I bring my A+ game for him, though

Mortuus:
    So how has SS voting been for you, do you think that the honest to god best piece wins or are there any forms of bias lurking in the SS domain?

Engivale:
    Usually, the best piece wins, in my opinion... I think some people are a little weird in their voting; probably BTK and Chris Black's opinions in particular can be so damned crazy, because what they like almost changes week to week --- guess its moodiness? I dunno, there are some dickriders and people who probably don't really put as much effort into reading and judging verses as we would like, but I think nine times out of ten the better verse wins. One thing I don't get is CB's bashing of Mariah, calling her shit horrible, ever since he lost to her and dropped out of SS he's been pretty jaded about what writers like, it's like, he can't even give her credit for how awesome she flows, but w/e.

Mortuus:
    Well, I'll be asking Chris B that in his interview anyway, how is SS run in your opinion?

Engivale:
    On that front, dude does a great job and I think it's really cool he stepped up and did it. His opinions are interesting to read, I think so far as modding goes, he does a really good job, puts his time in, and runs a smooth league that we all enjoy. So, thanks for that, CB. Cuz I like SS a lot.

Mortuus:
    True. Okay, will we ever be seeing you in the IE area, or has SS kept you occupied?

Engivale:
    I'm not into poetry. Only other thing I've considered, really, is LLL or ABL. I might do a run of either of those after these playoffs. I'm doing Rip The Mic as an opportunity to branch out, so to all of you text heads that can't record, gimme a look when I get into it, I finally got decent recording equipment and I actually have a decent little rap I did, Cry sigged it for a while lol

Mortuus:
    Yeah I think I heard one of your pieces before, one where you rapped your SS stuff, it was good man. What, if anything, did you think about the whole Nyce fiasco?

Engivale:
    Oh, god, that dude must be inconceivably bored. But the fact it took that long to catch him makes me wonder about some ppl. These guys fade into obscurity so quickly; honestly, they should be made aware of how easily they cease to exist.

Mortuus:
    IDK, when someone carries on biting for a whole year you actually don't believe they are, kind of like a 100 lies make the lie truth....obviously it blew up in his face...what advice would you give to writers who are in a slump and may just bite to get back on track?

Engivale:
    I don't understand it. Like, at all. I honestly consider plagiarism like, the worst of writing sins; to do it myself is literally unthinkable in a creative medium... I don't get it, at all. My advice? If you bite, you're not a writer, you're just in it to win, you're competitive, maybe, but you're not a true writer, a true writer wouldn't do that and compromise his own work. Like, are you going to enjoy the feedback you get from something you haven’t written? Where's the satisfaction? I really don't understand.

Mortuus:
    So any other major grievances?

Engivale:
    Can we rethink what it takes for a Legends nomination so far as pieces and battles go? I feel like that forum is so elitist at this point, what with the hidden shit and all that literally nothing can get in anymore. It's like a closed museum. Could we breathe some life back in? I'll kick it off soon.

Mortuus:
    Interesting; so why do you think Legends is elitist?

Engivale:
    Elitist in that it seems nothing is now good enough to get in. To the point nothing is even nominated, like, people are afraid of giving out that accolade, I think, except to their buddies. Hell, I nominated LegendZ, he nominated me, what's that say? Noone else was gonna do it. And that's a broken system. Go back into legends, look through the shit archived in there, and ask yourself, "Are the best writers on the site today not doing it as well?" And you'll find that it's not the case, it's just they're not nominating each other and getting support. Nothing is good enough anymore. It's an impossible standard and it's actually embarrassing that so little of the work done by the best writers on this site in the past two or three years has been ignored and overlooked.

And I can feel about a dozen heads nodding because they know it, and everyone who thinks I'm arrogant gritting their teeth. Whatever. I tell it like it is

Mortuus:
    I've already argued in the past about the caliber of previous writers and shocked half of the old herd to death....anyhow, I doubt it’s ever going to change to be honest man.

Engivale:
    Well, it's human nature. You want what other people can't have, you get it, and it sets you apart. You thus don't want other people to get that, because it devalues that you have it, and also you are no longer set apart from them. It removes a sense of superiority, and human nature fights against losing that. So they say no, again and again, and discourage nominations, because it's just inherent in people that have something to not want others to get it. Equality is a myth. No one wants it

Mortuus:
    Equality hasn't even existed yet, it may one day...when we are all gone and the earth is ruled by poor fools.

Engivale:
    Word up. You know as well as I do. Anyways, good luck with the mag and all. Anyways, nice interview had to get that in while it's on my mind, I guess. It ain't about me at all; it's about so many good writers who deserve it.

Mortuus:
    Yeah, thanks for the time. It’s highly appreciated man and that’s a wrap for the interview folks.

"Becoming the reader is the essence of becoming a writer."
    -John O'Hara.

So that’s about it folks, this edition of the magazine is over. It was a good but tiring experience, some sections got left out due to one reason or the other. However, I think things went well and if they carry on going well you'll be reading another mag, a month this day. Peace and Love, P. Mortuus.
    Last edited by P. Mortuus; August 31st, 2008 at 08:55 AM

Battle Record
    12-1

Re: The Writer's Block: Mag of September

This is an ill ass mag. Dope shit.

Chris Black:
    Nah. The real definition of spammers are people who post up adds to other sites or go post a thread in every forum that says "fuck rb" or something. I'm not talking about just regular stupid people.

Mortuus:
    Yeah a valid point man, plus next week I know what to write to get your vote lol…also, what is your fascination with gore…I’ve seen you write about it so many times, yet how can a guy who get’s emotional over his daughter be the same guy who enjoys reading and writing horror core type pieces….has there ever been a time that the 2 personality traits have clashed?

Chris Black:
    Cool cool, seems fair enough....people like Belligerent can have a sigh of relief. Now moving on to the infamous om's that were dropped a couple of weeks ago, you were practically targeted by many OM members, do you think it gave a clear or much better indication of how people perceive you? Or at least how many kids perceive you; did that bother you too much at all?

Mortuus:
    Now that there is some real shit lol….oh and Gremlins were great, I remember watching both movies plus that Furby one when I was a kid. Anyhow, what do you think about the modern horror…personally I think it’s gone downhill…

Chris Black:
    Not at all. It didn't bother me. It didn't really show me something about what people thought of me either. I dropped a piece and people may have not disagreed, so fired back. I think most of the disses weren't because they hated me, but more to get some attention on their writing, which I can't blame them for. Back in the day, these battles were common in OM and I'd make names up and randomly diss whole crews. It was for laughs. This month would have been more enjoyable if all the cats dissing were ill. A few years ago, guys like Spit, Feeble, MM were the ones doing it and they were all funny as fuck. This time around, it was played within 24 hours.
    You made a mistake there. We never talked about horror or anything.

About Mariah, I never thought there was a true problem between us or that It was perceived that I had something out for her. My problem with Mariah is my problem with Brandon Cee; The constant late verses and no-shows. 9/10 times I say something to Mariah in SS, it's about an extension or no-show. It pisses me off that I put in all this work and people consistently shit on me. I haven't even voted in a battle(including Mariah's) for two months, so idk why someone would think I was hating on her.

She did beat me before and I was a little upset because I thought I won, but I wasn't upset at her. Elemental SOul beat me before and I thought I won, but I put him on the HF roster so to say I would hold a grudge over a loss is crazy. I honestly said after that that loss to Mariah that I wasn't mad at her and that maybe my time as a competitive writer had passed because I obviously didn't know what it took to win. Verses I thought won in other battles would lose. I'd drop something I thought won, then lose. I said the problem was me and just that the time caught up, so there is no beef with Mariah, outside her extensions, every week.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    12-1

Also, I'm interested in how Mariah thinks I view her. Anyone, get at me if you think I'm somehow unfair to you. PM.AIM. Whatever, but I pride myself on being fair and if you think I'm not, talk to me about it. I'm not so much of an asshole that I can't take criticism. Mariah, get at me.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    1-0
    Awards WOP Champion

word, I read into things a little too deeply sometimes, and I remember you saying that.

Yea, the interviews have a couple of off-points where I guess you just got it mixed up, but that's all good, I think one part with the Chris Black interview was from last month's mag...

All the same, the mag was dope, fun to read, even our interview lol because I forgot most of what we had talked about. Nice job as always baron.

A.I.

"She managed to extract from the restriction itself a further delicate thought, like good poets whom the tyranny of rhyme forces into the discovery of their finest lines."

Battle Record
    37-7

The horror stuff was from BTK's interview I think, I was using that interview and editing in new stuff as it was pre formatted. Thanks for pointing it out, it's sorted now.

Behind Brown Eyes
    Battle Record
    2-2

Yes baby another HOF entry
    To The End

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have hours, only lonely
    My love is vengeance
    Thats never free

Banned
    Battle Record
    21-3

Fucking Dope mag baron....real good that chris black shit was dope...Well put together good job...on this...!

Behind Brown Eyes
    Battle Record
    2-2

Word this is one oif my favs ever
    To The End

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have hours, only lonely
    My love is vengeance
    Thats never free

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

good mag...

wow @ the diverse opinions on me lol. I want to know who jury #3 is so I can punch his dome... then he'll get a whoa feeling

lol, but no... good mag, and too bad I'm out of the league first round...
    engivale said i was a threat!! lol.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

good mag and great job once again...

but to make it clear...after I lost, it took me two weeks to say anything about the voting...and it was more out of frustration because of how hard it is when certain voters vote against you and they know how their word alters the judgment of others and both of you know that you have a problem with each other (which I usually avoid voting on someone's battle that I have a problem with)...and I did admit that I deserved the loss to Baron to Chris and others so it wasn't me thinking I won...it was a couple of voters in particular that I don't want voting on my battles and have asked them not to...but they continue to do so anyway...so basically I was predicting what would happen this week while bitching about past weeks, which so far this week...has come pretty much true from my side of things

Axis Powers
    Battle Record
    1-0

Chris Black:
    I tell the truth. People want me to sugar-coat things and tell them how dope they are instead of being truthful. If I say Mariah's verse was trash, I truly believe that. I don't think I've ever said that but I said in her last battle that she sacrificed content so some twist would work. She shitted on her whole piece so the last line would be dope and that was true. It's funny that when I'm honest and don't suck dick, people say I'm arrogant, but if you write a piece and want everyone to praise you even if it sucked, who's really arrogant?
    Plus the honesty makes shit better. I believe the shit I say. I'm brutally honest and if people can't take it, fuck'em.
    This is how people should vote/feed.. too many are on here to be friendly.
    I'm so fly, they sent for a swat team to stop me.

HenceForward.

You've Earned a Custom Title! B.A. Baracus's Avatar

Seyance is a bum...if only he knew who this REALLY is
    Meta.Convicts
    I pity the fool who thinks he can beat me....

Battle Record
    15-0

Dammit Baron, you're too fast for me. Hit me up when you get a chance.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

Battle Record
    37-7

Yup, the mag has got a 100 views again, dope as that's like the goal.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

^your moms the goal...

I just clicked the page 100 times to misslead you...

*runs away laughing*